It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FukuGate: We've been conned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
I'm on the mobile iit's frustrating to post links from here, but let me just say anyone concerned with lung cancer should be drinking green tea and popping ascorbic acid daily. Do some research on google scholar if you don't believe me. Smokers who pop vit-c are nearly 15 times less likely to get lung cancer than smokers who don't.

So tye wise have the less likelyhood of dying out, whioe the most vulnerable and follish will. . .and what?!

lung cancer? i think if you did some research you may find that lung cancer, as a result of radioactive fallout, is very minimal. now thyroid cancer is where it's at short term, think of the bone and musculature system, when dealing with cesium 137,134 and iodine 131.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yes, lung cancer. I'm not concerned about the radiation from fuku IN THE LEAST. It was mentioned on tye last page. That's why I mentioned it. People who are concerned with the radiation are scientifically dull-minded, else have an agenda.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

lung cancer? i think if you did some research you may find that lung cancer, as a result of radioactive fallout, is very minimal.

That poster never suggested that lung cancer is a result of radioactive fallout, another poster did.

Pay attention, instead of urging people to do research.

I'll await your reply to my posts where I debunk the notion that the results of your geiger counter research are indicative of a health threat.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Originally posted by daryllyn
We need to move away from nuclear energy because the dangers, in my opinion, far outweigh the benefits.

The current form of nuclear power plants should definitely be moved away from... but we shouldn't be moving away from nuclear power in general... we should be moving towards safer, more efficient, less radioactive reactors.

We should be using LFTR (Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors), or derivatives there-of.
en.wikipedia.org...

First developed in 1946, they are a completely safe form of reactor that creates very little radioactive waste. They are self-regulating due to the nature of the fuel and design (meaning they can't go into melt-down, as it is physically impossible), and achieve high temperatures at atmospheric pressures.

Current reactors use only a fraction of the available power in their fuel cells, leaving much waste with extremely long decay rates, while MSR (molten salt reactors) use almost all of the available fuel in a nuclear material and the waste only has a half-life of around 200 years... a mere percentage of current waste.

It has even been suggested that MSR's could be modified to use spent fuel cells from current reactors to claim the remaining power in them , and convert them to a much smaller and manageable radioactive material.

The reason we didn't go this direction back in the forties, (and here's the conspiracy) is that MSR reactors are too efficient, and can't produce enriched uranium, which is the current purpose and reason for nuclear reactors... (ie. Weapons-Grade_Uranium).

Bring on the LFTR's.. they will give as an abundance of safe power, and even help deal with all of the radioactive stockpiles of the last 70 years.

Cheers
edit on 26-10-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by WHYFIGHT

I have one and I checked the levels in the city of Fukushima, nothing to worry about.

The same goes for you, if you make claims like that, prove it with a vid.

If you can prove that Fukushima itself is safe, do it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

dont forget DU and the possibility of multiple sattelites dumping their fuel as pointed out on my earlier post

heres another informative article with many links and some very interesting pictures as well

thanks for post those links of your thos ani-gifs are pretty telling.

consider this being an anime fan i also noted that there were no delays, hiatuses in any series or their fansubs being posted, you'd think they'd hold off a week or if for purposes of morale some sort of solidarity statement...
nope...

in bleach ichigo is told by his boss that he has to take care of a Mrs Fukushima's pets
WTF sounds like the japanese are having a joke at our expense or is it a subtle clue?

the MSM is ignoring the matter, yet loads of alternative newsites are carrying the psyop
hmmm it's conspiracy theorists that are being psyoped methinks so as to distract attention
perhaps from something else, secret wars? increase in NEOS destroying sattelites, etc.
chemtrailing itself may be a distraction or cover up effort

Fukushima: Did the Dimona Dozen Murder the Fukushima 50?
Fukushima may in fact have been caused by an act of war under the cover of an environmental disaster

educate-yourself.org...

very interesting pic: no earthquake damage before the tsunami.
tactical nuke on a fault line or scalar weapons?
think about it there's that monster hurricane headed for the east coast now and there is a sudden uptick in chemtrailing worlwide attempts to stop it? or helping it along?

edit on 26-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed link to pic

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that the radiation level released from Fukushima is much higher than what the UN and the J-gov. have reported so far. TEPCO has had to revised radiation levels several times. Each time the levels become higher than what they reported before. There is also the radiation plume which is still circling the earth; which was monitored and proven by professors at Fukushima University.

edit on 26-10-2012 by freedomwv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WoodSpirit

lung cancer? i think if you did some research you may find that lung cancer, as a result of radioactive fallout, is very minimal.

That poster never suggested that lung cancer is a result of radioactive fallout, another poster did.

I'll await your reply to my posts where I debunk the notion that the results of your geiger counter research are indicative of a health threat.

the mere fact that you don't feel like doing any research on your own tells me you don't really care about the issue as much as you care about ridiculing people and that is sad.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WoodSpirit

Like you said... you are no expert. Give this at least a partial read if you would. The part about the particle of plutonium in living tissue should help you to understand radioactive contamination a little better.

www.animatedsoftware.com...

Yes, we all receive radiation during our lifetime. From the ground, the sun, the cosmos, mans ineptness, whatever. Xray, gamma rays, cosmic rays, whatever.

The difference between all that "background" and what we are experiencing from Fukushima is that the "radiation" from Fuku is actually radioactive contamination. That is, sources of "radiation" that if inhaled or ingested become lodged in our bodies and continuously irradiate nearby cells with "ionizing" radiation.

Whereas external radiation like x-rays pass thru us from an "outside our body source", these radioactive nuclides inside our bones and connective tissue are like swallowing a small X-ray machine that you can't turn off. In the case of PU-239, that will take at least 24,000 years and that is just a "half life" of that particular isotope.

If you have read this far, you have learned something about the complexity of radioactive contamination. A wee bit. Learn a little more from those who know before declaring an all clear.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

the mere fact that you don't feel like doing any research on your own tells me you don't really care about the issue as much as you care about ridiculing people and that is sad.

Excuse me, but at least I did look for data and provided the links, showing that your claim that you measured 6-8 times background radiation is indicative of a health risk, is bogus, no matter how you look at it.

Choose to ignore it if you want.

What the hell do you mean ridiculing people. I am not the one on the high horse claiming he did "research" where others suppossedly didn't.

I'll be back later answering other comments directed at me.

Oh, and jeah, I obviously hate nature and mother Earth.

edit on 26-10-2012 by WoodSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hidden dangers are never that scary - if you could see and smell radiation it would be a different story.
Amazing detail in the post and lots of rabbit holes to explore. It would be useful to read the FOI responses directly if anyone has the link.

As for nuclear energy I can't fathom why anyone with any sense would build something so globally dangerous with total disregard for the potential of natural or manmade disaster.

One day a solar flare will stun the world's electricity and all these plants will go into meltdown - you know how it goes, Chernobyl, Fukushima, third strike and you're out.

How many warnings across the bow do we need before we safely shut these things down.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Everybody, please listen to me: start taking iodine and calcium supplements. They will go a long way to protecting you from the harmful affects of nuclear radiation.

It won't end with Fukushima.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Excuse me, but at least I did look for data and provided the links, showing that your claim that you measured 6-8 times background radiation is indicative of a health risk, is bogus, no matter how you look at it.

Choose to ignore it if you want.

What the hell do you mean ridiculing people. I am not the one on the high horse claiming he did "research" where others suppossedly didn't.

I'll be back later answering other comments directed at me.

Oh, and jeah, I obviously hate nature and mother Earth.

edit on 26-10-2012 by WoodSpirit because: (no reason given)

what i know is that you have no idea what you're talking about, it's painfully obvious, you are rude, your attitude is terrible, you're hypocrisy is astonishing and you joined yesterday.

i'll just go ahead and place you on the ignore list since i would do better that way.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think you're neglecting to mention the radiation from all the bomb testing done since the 1940's.

I wonder why you would do that? ?

You know what, screw it. I'm going to keep on.

Are you aware that plutonium and uranium are natural elements that are mined?? That often time in surrounding areas background radiation is higher than is around Fukushima, and that there are cities around...and people survive.

People are arguing on this thread from a state of ignorance. They're taking in fear-mongering, and spouting out that people who don't agree with them are ignorant. They're not giving credible information, and it's pathetic.
edit on 26-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of projection in that last post. You seem to be tye one who is clueless.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The beauty of this topic is that regardless of personal opinions, research or beliefs, a disaster like no other happened, no one cared, we chose to ignore it and exist in our bubble of bliss.

Its really very simple, wait a few years, 5 at the most, and then return to this thread, we will all see things very differently, the system cannot accept failure, for if it did, then it would mean that other parts of its inherent structures of perceived safety and control were not so safe or so controlled.

We exist by faith in what we have built, the ancient romans or aztecs, or egyptians believed thing would never change and that they would rule and thrive for millions of years, now all we have as a testament of that way of thinking are some very beautiful ruins and archeological sites.

What will the future mutant dwellers of planet earth think about us? how far we have gone, how little we choose to accept.
Yeah, the media does not have an agenda right? they just want the best for everybody within certain boundaries. Sadly it seems that if we were left on our own devices, the mindless drones being the majority would make the stone age seem like the advanced future, we are so disconnected, naive and out of touch with "reality" that we would not last much.

Wait for it, and remember where things began, do not be surprised the young and old develop cancer more frequently than ever before, tendencies show it so, google is your friend, connect the dots, but hey, it ok if no one wants to, we have eternity before us, we will live forever, modern society will endure, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thank you for your detailed response. I think you are closer to the mark than most,
but I still cannot shake the feelings expressed in my first post, especially in light of
all the things we see going on now in the world around us.
It is difficult to distill the truth from the BS, but any way you cut it, something extremely
dark is going on, especially concerning chemtrails. IMO.

The last link you provided in your response to me doesn't work btw.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

1. I use a TLD dosimeter in my work and travel between the upper Midwest and South Texas.
I have yet to see ANY exposure worth noting, much less being afraid of and fearmongering over.

2. This opening post is GREAT propaganda for the fossil fuel indistry. I have forwarded it to my friends at Pickens, Valero, CPS and TPL. They love it!

3. If you take each element of the OP on its own merit, there is very little left of any scientific credibility. Maybe we should just go back to burning wood and dung?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
The beauty of this topic is that regardless of personal opinions, research or beliefs, a disaster like no other happened, no one cared, we chose to ignore it and exist in our bubble of bliss.

This is a lie. Do you care? Do you believe you're the only one who cares? You have lied. Like no other? How about Chernobyl? At what point is it similar or different in your mind?

Its really very simple, wait a few years, 5 at the most, and then return to this thread, we will all see things very differently, the system cannot accept failure, for if it did, then it would mean that other parts of its inherent structures of perceived safety and control were not so safe or so controlled.

I will have moved on with my life, have a family, and not waste my time on sites that are supposed to "deny ignorance" while promoting it.

We exist by faith in what we have built, the ancient romans or aztecs, or egyptians believed thing would never change and that they would rule and thrive for millions of years, now all we have as a testament of that way of thinking are some very beautiful ruins and archeological sites.

What will the future mutant dwellers of planet earth think about us? how far we have gone, how little we choose to accept.

I got news for you. We're all the result of a LOT of mutations. There's more humans alive at this moment than any other time in history. If this is truly a megapolcalypse as many (erroneously) believe, it means the majority die out, and we branch off into a few new adapted subspecies.

Yeah, the media does not have an agenda right? they just want the best for everybody within certain boundaries. Sadly it seems that if we were left on our own devices, the mindless drones being the majority would make the stone age seem like the advanced future, we are so disconnected, naive and out of touch with "reality" that we would not last much.

The media is there to make the monies for special interests who invest in them. The only other aspect is blackouts issued by governments for the people's own good. People are foolish, and ignorant. It's best.

Wait for it, and remember where things began, do not be surprised the young and old develop cancer more frequently than ever before, tendencies show it so, google is your friend, connect the dots, but hey, it ok if no one wants to, we have eternity before us, we will live forever, modern society will endure, right?

No thanks. I'm going to climb the socioeconomic ladder, reach each milestone for life extension technologies as they come out, and explore the galaxy next century. You can remain in your naive bubble.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Is this the real reason for Obama care now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join