It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FukuGate: We've been conned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I have only one word to sum up what I have just experienced ... and that is "DEEPLY!"

This thread is deeply informative!

This thread is deeply overwhelming!

This thread is deeply oustanding!

This thread is deeply disturbing!

This thread is deeply distressing!

Personal Disclosure: I feel deeply motivated to
the behind all this BS ...
... and we are in deep

edit on 26-10-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to expand and clarify on my personal disclosure. changed emoticons and some text.

edit on 26-10-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix bbcode

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Fortunately people who can think for themselves did not need the Government or a blow hard self important prepaid scientist to know Fukushima was a life changing event for the whole planet. Get a Geiger counter and start checking the food you buy. Take daily samples.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WHYFIGHT

I have one and I checked the levels in the city of Fukushima, nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Like Chernobyl, Fukushima could well become a dead zone, where no one will ever be able to return.”

People go to Chernobyl all the time and it is teeming with wildlife, just saying.

So is there any direct confirmation of dangerous levels of radiation from around the world, like vids with people holding geiger counters that clearly show dangerous levels?

Those simulation maps don't do much for me tbh. and I find it hard to believe it is as bad as your OP suggests with the overly dramatic qoutes and the way it transformed into a hysterical anti -everything that is nuclear- rant.

Not that I am a supporter of nuclear energy, but this seems a bit like fearmongering.

According to information gathered from hundreds of pages worth of private NRC emails, conference calls and secret meetings, key players in the Fukushima whitewashing campaign, including the NRC's David McIntyre and Elliot Brenner, were hard at work in the days following the disaster distracting public attention away from it. David McIntyre also works in the NRC on public affairs, and spent much of his time creating carefully crafted e-mails that constantly downplayed the disaster, and any relationship that might be made to the safety status of US nuclear stations.”

Where are your sources, you just linked to another thread you wrote, based on pure speculation.

In fact you link back to more fearmongering threads you wrote.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WoodSpirit

Thank you, this stuff really worries me. I'm surprised I haven't gotten a response to my earlier post. I don't really need any more fear and my life, so I am hoping this is just sensationalism. Because I think I would be pretty severely affected if those maps are accurate.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHYFIGHT
Fortunately people who can think for themselves did not need the Government or a blow hard self important prepaid scientist to know Fukushima was a life changing event for the whole planet. Get a Geiger counter and start checking the food you buy. Take daily samples.

Since you are obviously one of these people thinking for himself, can you make a vid in which you are doing this, proving once and for all the dangerous levels of radiation we are subjected to on a daily basis because of Fukushima?

This must be very easy to do for you if your money is where your mouth is.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Obviously they can't do that. If they did the fear mongering would need to stop lol

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I would keep an eye open but not worry too much about it.

If levels were really that high you would've noticed a change in the way that the government conducts itself and more people would speak up. There is just no way that they are keeping something a secret that any citizen with a geiger counter can establish, imo.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
and of course ....again....obama gets the blame. let's not blame GE that makes the reactors, let's not blame the japanese company TEPCO for not spending profits to keep those plants safe. let's not blame the japanese government for lax regulations...REGULATIONS BAD.....let's blame obama

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is such a non-issue for anyone but the most vulnerable outside of Japan. Stress is good for people up to a point. Increased radiation means increased adaptation for everyone else in the world.

The OP is a hardcore fear-mongering piece. The administration did well to hide this from the ignorant public. It would cause more suffering than the minute doses of radiation added to the large doses we're naturally getting since the day we were born.

edit on 26-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WoodSpirit
reply to post by Renegade2283

I would keep an eye open but not worry too much about it.

If levels were really that high you would've noticed a change in the way that the government conducts itself and more people would speak up. There is just no way that they are keeping something a secret that any citizen with a geiger counter can establish, imo.

exactly, which is why i bought one quite while ago and continue to this day to get 6-8 times background levels in rain swipes. being non informed by choice is not really good scientific practice, just sayin.

Fukushima is going to hurt us in a huge way mainly because we have no way to stop it, there exists no known tech to stop it, nothing at all. whether you believe it or not is irrelevant, it's there, it's real and it's going to get a lot worse and no amount of denial will make it go away.

i'm not a dooms day guy, not a fear monger, hell i don't even fear Fukushima, but i do fear for those who have no clue what's going on around them, deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Have you documented your findings, in other words, did you make a video of it in order to prove your claims, instead of expecting people to take your word for it?

If you didn't, why not?

And how many times the background level is considered dangerous?

Here's a link to a graph that shows the difference in radiation levels depending on altitude,

hps.org...

They are 6 times higher at a 4 km altitude compared to ground level. I can imagine that rain washes down particles from that altitude raising ground level radiation. This still doesn't mean it is of a dangerous level.

But I'm no expert. Also,

Some of the highest levels of natural background radiation recorded in the world are from areas around Ramsar, particularly at Talesh-Mahalleh which is a very high background radiation area (VHBRA) having an effective dose equivalent several times in excess of ICRP-recommended radiation dose limits for radiation workers AND UP TO 200 TIMES GREATER than normal background levels. Annual exposures of people living in Ramsar range from 1 to 26 rem, which is 10 to 260 mSv (compared with 0.06 mSv of a chest radiograph or up to 20 mSv of a CT scan).[15][16] Most of the radiation in the area is due to dissolved radium-226 in water of hot springs along with smaller amounts of uranium and thorium due to travertine deposits. There are more than nine hot springs in the area with different concentrations of radioisotopes, and these are used as spas by locals and tourists.[17] This high level of radiation does not seem to have caused ill effects on the residents of the area and even possibly has made them slightly more radioresistant, which is puzzling and has been called "radiation paradox". It has also been reported that residents have healthier and longer lives.[16]

en.wikipedia.org...

People there are exposed to 200 times the background level and seem unaffected, even seem to live better, as opposed to the meager 6 times the level you base your fears on..........

Deny what again?
edit on 26-10-2012 by WoodSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

conned about everything

chernobyl was not the only or worst Russian nuclear disaster

lung cancer isnt from smoking its from nuke tests and leaks

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hdonn

lung cancer isnt from smoking its from nuke tests and leaks

Really? Yet smokers are the ones that usually get it.

I hope you were kidding there.....

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

At first glance, I was like ' geez, what a grandios presentation with all these graphics...' THEN... it got all informative, and cited n stuff.

S&F

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Holy super long OP, batman!

Nicely done, though.

I have been following the nuclear situation at Fukushima since day one, I even wrote a ten page paper with a six page long works cited for my comp class this spring. I might post it as a thread here sometime.

Anyway..

My first question was who on earth thinks building a nuclear plant in a very seismically active area is a good idea?? These are nuclear scientists, right? Have they no common sense?

Who builds such a facility with no concrete plans on disposal of waste? The lack of a plan on this matter is the reason that there is such an incredible amount of spent rods on site at Fukushima. Again, common sense?

Who decided that a design that has the fuel pools suspended at the top of the buildings was a good idea? Common sense?

The whole plan was Fundamentally flawed from its inception.

We need to move away from nuclear energy because the dangers, in my opinion, far outweigh the benefits.

Eta: I should add that the benefits outweigh the risks because the regulatory authorities, the power companies and governments can't be trusted enough to keep everyone safe.
edit on 26-10-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

here you go, do some research and get back to me on any issues you may be confused about.

pissinontheroses.blogspot.com...

fukushima-diary.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... this page alone should fill you in on quite a bit of real data.

i don't record my rain swipes on video because i have no need to do that and if you research my posts on this forum you should come to realize, i'm not known for being a liar.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm on the mobile iit's frustrating to post links from here, but let me just say anyone concerned with lung cancer should be drinking green tea and popping ascorbic acid daily. Do some research on google scholar if you don't believe me. Smokers who pop vit-c are nearly 15 times less likely to get lung cancer than smokers who don't.

So tye wise have the less likelyhood of dying out, whioe the most vulnerable and follish will. . .and what?!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

i don't record my rain swipes on video because i have no need to do that and if you research my posts on this forum you should come to realize, i'm not known for being a liar.

I asked you to back up your claims with proof, i didn't suggest you were a liar. If your findings are to mean anything you'd better support them with proof.

I don't know if you saw I edited my post, but I have shown that people get subjected to 200 times the background radiation level every day of their life, and they experience no problems.

How is your 6-8 times background radiation level of any significance or danger?

It isn't, it's just more ignorance based fearmongering.

Some of the highest levels of natural background radiation recorded in the world are from areas around Ramsar, particularly at Talesh-Mahalleh which is a very high background radiation area (VHBRA) having an effective dose equivalent several times in excess of ICRP-recommended radiation dose limits for radiation workers AND UP TO 200 TIMES GREATER than normal background levels.

The level you picked up is also many many times lower than ICRP-recommended radiation dose limits for radiation workers, so what do you base your fears on?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It's pointless to try to argument here, let them live in fear for the rest of their lives.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join