It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist that discovered GMO health hazards immediately fired, team dismantled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

www.naturalnews.com

Though it barely received any media attention at the time, a renowned British biochemist who back in 1998 exposed the shocking truth about how genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) cause organ damage, reproductive failure, digestive dysfunction, impaired immunity, and cancer, among many other conditions, was immediately fired from his job, and the team of researchers who assisted him dismissed from their post within 24 hours from the time when the findings went public.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The amount of independent research into the dangers of GMO is quite staggering and this story shows how strong the corporations behind mainstream science are in being able to remove any voice that my challendge the use of GMO.

I read not too long ago that 80% of processed foods in America contain GMO ingredients, so people just have to hope that all this independent research into GMO are false otherwise the US is potentially facing a medical time bomb.

Arpad Pusztai, who is considered to be one of the world's most respected and well-learned biochemists, had for three years led a team of researchers from Scotland's prestigious Rowett Research Institute (RRI) in studying the health effects of a novel GM potato with built-in Bt toxin. Much to the surprise of many, the team discovered that, contrary to industry rhetoric, Bt potato was responsible for causing severe health damage in test rats, a fact that was quickly relayed to the media out of concern for public health.

But rather than be praised for their honest assessment into this genetically-tampered potato, Pusztai and his colleagues were chastised by industry-backed government authorities, including British Prime Minister Tony Blair, whose office was discovered to have secretly contacted RRI just hours after Pusztai and his team announced the results of their study on television. For speaking the truth, Pusztai was immediately fired from his position, and his team dismissed from their positions at the school.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
no matter how much proof there is about the dangers of gmos, they will never admit it or outlaw them. I am little shocked that this man did not suffer from a food borne illness that could have been blamed on natural un-treated food.thus promoting the use of gmos, to help keep us safe from nature.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

How the hell is this "Breaking News"?
The research was done in 1998, published in 1999 and he was sacked in that year.
It was widely reported at the time, big news and there is even a wikipedia page on the whole thing.

Or is this just the first time that you've personally heard of the single most famous GMO researcher of all time, and didnt bother to do any research whatsoever, not even so much as a google search, before leaping in to create a new thread?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
From what I can find his contract was not renewed. Not fired depends on how you look at it

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thanks for this, never knew about it. Read on wiki, he was fired for "misconduct", but really they'll use any reason to shut you up. Big Corporations = Evil.

One of the reasons I never buy anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup, Aspartame or Phenylalanine, and never anything Light or Diet.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
what the hell? lol the link is already a biased site.

His contract was not renewed in 1998...it could be many reasons, maybe he was not producing good results, his contractors didn't have money to spend on this and focus on something else.

and you could never prove GMO will cause cancer.

After that he went on to get 2 award/prizes for his work. do some research. properly.

And i feel bad for all those that jumped on the bandwagon, "burn the science! for they are evil!"

edit on 10/25/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Well your view is what the American population is relying on.

Let's hope this whole 'GMO is dangerous' is just a wild conspiracy theory and a load of bollocks because one thing is a fact, 80% of American processed foods contains GMO ingredients.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
we here in california have a ballot iniatitive that requires all GMO foods be labeled as such....i've heard that 34 million dollars has been pumped into ads trying to stop it from passing....just from wanting to know that it is a
GMO food product. think they have something to hide?.....34 million dollars says that they do.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Then you could say that >insert anything here< is health hazard!

There has not been a full blown(not private or biased) study to say that it does cause serious problems. and There has not been any long term study.

How do you know the air you breathe is not causing any problems?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

There has not been a full blown(not private or biased) study to say that it does cause serious problems. and There has not been any long term study.

Well as I said, hopefully you are right.

Hopefully GMO are safe as you say because millions, well hundreds of millions have been eating them in America where they are present in the majority of processed foods and not labelled as being GMO.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

lol
it's not about "burn the science"
extremist much?
it's about "burn the corporate "science" and the pseudo-scientists who whore their "intellect" for money"

but hey keep eating that GMO swill along with a big refreshing glass of koolaid.
i guarantee you'll lose the ability to lucid dream, if you already haven't

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

HELLLLLOOOOO!!!! what exactly do you think you are reading about?
or are you just shooting from the hip?

As reported recently in Egypt Independent, similar research by Hussein Kaoud from Cairo University's Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene also made some fascinating, though politically incorrect, discoveries about the effects of GMOs on the body. After feeding nine groups of rats varying combinations of GM soy, corn, wheat, and canola, Kaoud and his team observed that these genetic poisons clearly obstructed the normal function of the animals, affirming Pusztai's research.

"I recorded the alteration of different organs, shrinkage of kidneys, change in the liver and spleen, appearance of malignant parts in the tissues, (and) kidney failure and hemorrhages in the intestine," said Kaoud about the effects of GMOs as observed in the test rats. "The brain functions were touched as well, and the rats' learning and memory abilities were seriously altered."

In Kaoud's case, his groundbreaking findings will soon be published in the respected journals Neurotoxicology and Ecotoxicology. But it remains to be seen whether or not the scientific community at large, which is heavily influenced by biotechnology interests, and the political structures that control it will accept the results as valid, or pull a similar character assassination on Kaoud and his team as punishment for defying the status quo.

What all this clearly illustrates, of course, is that modern science can hardly be considered the independent, truth-seeking, "gold standard" of interpreting and understanding reality that many people mistakenly think it is. The truth about GMOs, as uncovered by mounds of independent research, is that they are inadequately safety tested, at best, and deadly at worst. But this fact remains shrouded in deception, thanks to the corporatized, pro-GMO culture of mainstream science.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 25-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: L
L

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
my motto [concerning foodstuffs] has been ... if it comes in a package, it's not good for you.
but now with GMO fruits, veggies, and soon, animals, it doesn't seem safe to eat at all!

to deal with this issue i have begun to use the following strategy... eat less!
2 small meals a day is enough to sustain a person, you might even live longer and reduce your exposure to this crap!
edit on 25-10-2012 by tinhattribunal because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure you can say that all genetically modified food is bad. I remember reading somewhere that organic farmers spray a bacteria on their crops that produces a by-product that is beneficial in some way to the crops.

I'm sorry about the lack of specifics, but I think I'd rather eat the food that produces its own by-product after being modified than one that you have to spray bacteria on.

I would think that as long as the modification doesn't produce a chemical that is harmful to people, then it would be OK to eat. After all, the actual "plant" gets broken down into its constituent parts by your digestive tract. The actual DNA gets denatured. It shouldn't really matter what it's coding for.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Do you know why the Pentagon's Military Retirement Trust Fund has enough money in it to pay the nations retired military for 10+ years right now?? Without 1 penny of Federal Appropriations?

When Ronald Reagan became President the country was broke so he set up all these Trust Funds for the Federal Agencies and put a little money in them. He told them to go out and invest it so they had something to operate off of.

GMO is one of them. You can't stop GMO because guess who's the profiting share holder? Those Federal Agency Trust Funds.

Since they couldn't tax the people any more to keep it all going they decided to KILL the people to get the money.

If you challenged their money making tactics now they say "you are thinking backwards". They have no qualms with killing the public to keep it going.

Obama's given +8 million foreigners new US citizenship the last few years. There's always going to be a pool of new suckers to bring in to keep it all going.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Pure coincidence.

Nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

join