It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Obama Says He Wants Wind Turbines 'Manufactured Here in China'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I think one of the last people on earth I would want to have as president is Mitt Romney because he represents two things that I dislike in a America:

!. A person that has way too much money, actually an abusive amount of money. There should be extreme safeguards to our economy that never allows anybody to get that rich. It is a system that DRIANS the wealth to get down to the rest of us.

2. Romney's religion is TRULY built on FRAUD. The book of mormon is phony, this is one of the most important pieces of information that should be sent out to mass media that has ever been sent out. It is a book that is built on deception of the blackest kind. Why, because Romney is noted for being a "mormon". And the book of mormon was concocted by Joseph Smith along with Oliver Cowdery and Sidney Rigdon.. All three got together to put one incredible whopper of a lie onto their people.

Joseph Smith was arrested for "glass looking", which is a name for trying to find gold when there is none. This happened even before the book of mormon came out to the public., A book I highly recommend reading is Grant Palmer's "Insiders View of Mormon Origins". Grant Palmer was one of the greatest LDS people that have ever been in that church.

Plus, Solomon Spalding and how his book was lifted and his stories placed in that book.
Also "View of the Hebrews" by Ethan Smith.

The book of mormon is about a people (Hebrew) left Jerusalem anciently and came into the americas. Joseph Smith even stated that the hebrew people filled the american continent. Simon Southerton who used to be a bishop for the LDS church and a very devout member, was excommunicated for telling the truth about DNA and how their is no DNA of ancient origins in the Americas thats is of Hebrew origins, they are asian. Simon Southerton's book is called "In Search for a Lost Tribe". He is a plant biologist.

Plus, no artifacts are found from the book of mormon stories (whoopers).

So if Romney is so smart, why isn't he smart enough to understand that the book of mormon is the phoniest book that has ever been put out upon the earth ?????

And being a president of the United States, YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHEN YOUR BEING DUPED OR NOT OR ELSE YOUR COUNTRY COULD BE AT RISK OF LOSING IT'S EXISTENCE !

His stance on women and the way his religion taught him is one of the darkest elements that I truly don't think people that will be voting understand. You have to understand that Romney truly believes the book of mormon is true, The early LDS women suffered like the women in the Taliban suffer, such as Brigham Young's wives who were ALL lead to believe the book of mormon was true, they didn't know a thing about DNA ! Nor the importance of artifacts from the book of mormon time period,.

Romney in his last debate clearly displayed a lack of competency for the office of president of the United States. And the polls show it. He didn't even come close to winning that debate nor the one before it.
He allegiance with china and his lust for his own pocket book obviously shows that his heart is for his loot and should be given the boot away from being president.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
All I know is Romney never got a peek at 4 years ago, and now because of Obama's term he looks like cotton candy rainbows unicorns and apple pie all rolled into one.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by NavyDoc

That is reaching. After four years of Presidency and months of campaigning and now doing three states a day, there is going to be a slip up.

What is a reach? I said that it was a slip and continued on to say that it did not matter really as the green initiative has been a waste of taxpayer funds thus far. What people fail to realize, is that government cannot create demand where it does not exist, thus the failure of many of the green energy initiatives funded by the federal government.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The line was obviously an error.

All the millions Romney made from investing in China weren't.

If you're going to attack Obama for saying "China"; to make China a dirty word, then you better attack Romney next for investing in China and getting millions in positive returns from China.

What's good for the goose and all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Really? Do we really believe China has control of the US?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I actually read the Obama quote very differently, To me he was saying he wants the wind turbines manufactured in America and sold to China - that makes more sense when looking at his next sentence and if that is what he meant, then surely only the most rampant Obama hater would be able to say that would be a bad thing.... oh, sorry, forgot where I was for a moment.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Barry Barry interesting
Possible shift to China by 'Jeep'. So it just might be a tradeoff? Wind turbines for Jeeps?

Well it appears that the taxpayer bailed-out Chrysler is looking back and now considering cutting costs by shifting production of all Jeeps to China, which has a strong desire for Jeeps.
In a Bloomberg interview, Jeep's president said the automaker plans to restore Jeep production in China, suspended in 2009, and is considering making all Jeeps in China. "Fiat SpA, majority owner of Chrysler Group LLC, plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers' operations in the region," reported the business wire service.

LINK

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Considering they are our debtor... yes

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Okay I'm going to stop you right here, the president has no control over gas prices. You call people "sheeple" then go on to tout about Obama's failure to keep the price of oil down; how ironic.

Tell me, is Obama the head of Exxon or any other major oil company?

No?

Correct!

Okay, so since he is not in charge of any major oil company, how can he impact the price of oil? Oh right, he can't. This is why we need to invest in alternative energy sources.

edit on 25-10-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: Typo

The only thing that governments can control in the gas price is the amount of federal tax that is included in the price of gas.

Is there anything then that a president could do to affect domestic gas prices in the short term? Yes, there are a few options, but there are consequences to all. A president might convince Congress to lower or eliminate federal gasoline taxes, but that would result in a revenue shortfall that would need to be made up. It would also likely result in some increased demand, eliminating part of the benefit of the tax cut.

The federal gasoline tax is only 18.4 cents per gallon, and one might imagine that if it was totally eliminated that prices might ease somewhat initially, but that might in turn increase demand so that consumers would not see the entire 18.4 cent per gallon benefit.

The government could also subsidize the price of gasoline as is done in Venezuela, where the cost is only a dime or so a gallon. This is also the case in some other oil-producing countries like Saudi Arabia. (Wikipedia has an entry on typical gasoline prices around the world). But these are countries that make a lot of money from oil exports.

These countries also consume far less gasoline than does the United States. So if the U.S. embarked upon a program of subsidizing gasoline consumption, the costs would be mind-boggling. Further, I would argue that it makes very little sense to subsidize consumption of a depleting resource.

The most sensible thing that governments can do is to encourage a move away from gasoline dependence. In that case, even if prices continue to rise, the economy won’t be as susceptible to the price shock. And isn't this what Obama wants to focus on? New technologies and energy resources???

Anyways, sometimes there is a mix up of words when you deliver speeches everyday and you have billions of ideas and other things on your mind. I don't think Obama meant to say to have turbines manufactured in China...I think he meant to say the turbine parts will be made in China but the turbines will be assembled in the US.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I just wish Romney would stop smacking his lips like he's toothless every time he finishes a sentence. He reminds me of a giant lizard

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah and the US has 57 states.....

These guys have a million thoughts racing through their minds an occasionly they will get ahead of themselves and mis speak. The people here condemning them for that probably wouldn't be able to complete a full sentence in the same situation.

Idiots always have lots of company which this thread proves.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I thought we had free speech here in America. What I dont like about ATS is that if they decide something is inappriate or not long enough which I find pretty silly, they delete, and take points away. I didn't even know that you got points! This really not a free speech forum because of that. Is this what we are coming to in America?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Who decides what is political trolling and if it is productive. Let the words stand for what they are. Where is the free speech here in America. We have to be so politically correct all the time in our lives where is the place that you can sound off and speak your mind? This is the one thing that bothers me at ATS. And then they take away points if they don't like what you say. I didn't even know that you got points. lol

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

He mopped up mittens, LMMFAO he was full of BS while saying nothing of substance. His record speaks for him and itself, pathetic.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

HMMMM, sorry but incorrect we can control gas prices if we, drill more and build new refineries. That will put more fuel in the market thus lower the price.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If he is campaigning in the 57th state where are states numbers 51-56? Can you name them ? What are their capitols and what year did they join the nation?
First answer that then well talk about your thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Considering they are our debtor... yes

Really?

Do you have a VISA card or MASTERCARD ? Are you under their control? What about the bank that holds the mortgage on your house ? Are you under their control too?
edit on 26-10-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Or make that pathetic feminine face that he makes. You know kind of caring kind of pathetic.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by iwilliam

I agree with the freudian slip comment.

Speaking of Freud...

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

except in the hands of bill clinton

You're thinking of Monica...

And no, this isn't "political trolling" I'm with Mr. Freudian.

This is one of those cases where reverse speech isn't even necessary because what he was really thinking, "accidentally" came right out of his mouth.

that is the only FAIL here.....

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Okay I'm going to stop you right here, the president has no control over gas prices. You call people "sheeple" then go on to tout about Obama's failure to keep the price of oil down; how ironic.

Tell me, is Obama the head of Exxon or any other major oil company?

No?

Correct!

Okay, so since he is not in charge of any major oil company, how can he impact the price of oil? Oh right, he can't. This is why we need to invest in alternative energy sources.

edit on 25-10-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: Typo

The president can influence oil prices by his policies, for instance and more importantly, Big Oil loves this guy because he wants gas prices to go over $5 a gallon. Obama thought that by driving the prices way up this would stop people from driving, helping the environment, but that didn't happen. Everyone is still driving and its crushing the average Joe because he has to spend $2 more a gallon than he was four years ago. In both of my small businesses, a weekly newspaper (delivery of papers, traveling to report and take pictures of events) and on the weekends selling tee shirts and hoodies at craft shows, I'm spending on average $200 a week more on gas than I should be if prices were what they were four years ago at $1.82 per gallon. That's over $10,000 a year less in my pocket. The only people getting rich under Obama's high gas prices are Big Oil.

Big Oil is getting very rich under Obama and proof of this is the fact that gas prices just dropped 40 cents a gallon in my town in four days. This just prior to the election. Big Oil is now afraid that Obama may lose and they don't want that!

This is my first post by the way. Hello ATS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join