It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama is losing it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
reply to post by beezzer

Welcome again to sound-bite nation, ladies and gentlemen. Where even the smallest of off-the-cuff remarks get blown way out of proportion. It's happening on both sides and it's nauseating.

If it were an equal adherence or abhorence I might agree.

But it's not "sound-bite" nation, it's "Gotcha-world"!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

Rolling Stone is known for purchasing stories from reporters who do lie and fabricate many of their (so-called) facts.

I'm just saying.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Rolling Stone is known for purchasing stories from reporters who do lie and fabricate many of their (so-called) facts.

I'm just saying.

Multiple sources are now reporting it.

It'll be an interesting question to the adminstration.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Did anyone get the context

Naw... That's too complicated

Obama was referring to children who are really good at detecting fake people and BS artists.

Romney falling into that column.

Romney is literally a real life Gordon Gecko, yet NASCAR nation is unable to think critically
besides going to Walmart to buy more processed food to poison their church home with.

Thank good for children

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

I bet there's more kids that know Obama is a bigger BeeEss'er than Romney !!

I bet more voters know it too by now.

My kids know Obama is ALL BeeEss.

I wonder what Obama's kids think ?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Obama is just trying to earn some street cred with his shrinking base of younger voters... He'll say anything to any crowd if he thinks it will help him. Sadly, the Majority of those in this country do not agree with Obama's latest creative usage of the English Language. "Romnesia" was a low moment and this latest just took things to a new low....

Desperate Obama is showing his true colors. Off the cuff and unpresidential comments coupled with a $15 million dollar loan for his Campaign from BofA means he's in trouble. Funny, how the Fed is now suing B of A... Wow what a bizarre circle... The end is near!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I believe we got the context quite well thank you. The president called Romney a name in a round about way. What is he in the second grade? Facts won't do so he resorts to name calling, again in a round about way? I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot and this was Romney making these comments, would you still be here saying what you are saying or would you be denouncing Romney for it?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Romney is literally a real life Gordon Gecko, yet NASCAR nation is unable to think critically
besides going to Walmart to buy more processed food to poison their church home with.

Interesting statement and assessment of the American population... I'd bet the election that these people know more about how a budget works than your man Obama does. Funny, how the Obamatrons think they are smarter than the average Americans... and yet they support adding $1triillion to the deficit every year that Obama is in office and every year after should he win this election.... Plus interest...
How's that credit card bill treating you?

ETA

Question for you Lionel... You've been crashing threads around here since you joined up yet you have yet to create only 1 thread of your own. I'd love to see start your own threads to honestly share your own opinion and to make an actual contribution to ATS...
edit on 25-10-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh Snap what do you usually call "a very practiced liar"?
Now be honest we have in this country a standard euphemism for those that constantly lie & dissemble.

Thomas J. Curry: Romney as governor: a very practiced liar

Having worked directly with Romney during his term as Massachusetts governor, I can tell you that there is nothing authentic or genuine about him......

He's an ideological chameleon who will say anything to get your support and then do whatever he wants to favor the rich and privileged; he's a caricature of the stereotyped Republican Party. He lies frequently and convincingly, and has elastic principles, if any at all. He's fundamentally dishonest, while presenting an image of goodness and light.

blogs.providencejournal.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

Funny how that article makes not mention whatsoever regarding Curry's CURRENT JOB or other past jobs. The two descriptions don't match.

Last week, Thomas J. Curry was sworn in as the 30th Comptroller of the Currency. The OCC has supervisory authority over more than 2,000 national banks and federal savings associations and 50 federal branches and agencies of foreign banks in the United States.

Curry previously served as a Director of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) since 2004. Curry served as the Commissioner of the Massachusetts Division of Banks from 1990 to 1991 and from 1995 to 2003. In 2000, Curry served as the Chairman of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS), and served two terms on the State Liaison Committee of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC).

Curry was confirmed as Comptroller by the Senate in March, almost nine months after President Obama nominated him to replace former comptroller John Dugan, whose term expired August 2010.

Is this the same guy with connections to Obama...??

lawprofessors.typepad.com...

Why would this guy given his current position write such an opinion??

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It would seem that both Rabid Right Romney and Mitt the Moderate are indeed full of Bovine excrement.

Mitt Romney refused to answer reporters' questions on Thursday about his support for Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock, who has become the latest Republican to find himself in hot water over comments about rape and abortion.

Mitt Romney Refuses To Answer Questions About Richard Mourdock At Campaign Stop In Cincinnati

Can't even give a straight answer. Poor Mittens.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

You skipped this part

Romney's campaign has said the former Massachusetts governor disagrees with Mourdock's comments, but has not withdrawn the endorsement or asked that the ad stop running.

The endorsement came before the comment by Mourdock and Mourdock's comment was taken way out of context and beyond. Which is quite typical only when comments are made by a Republican....

Anyway, what does that have do with the fact that Obama is losing it and is desperate??

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

lol beez
you want to sit down for this

it's probably a media distraction for the latest executive order

Another Obama Executive Order Allows Seizure of Americans’ Bank Accounts

The latest executive order(EO) emanating from the White House October 9 now claims the power to freeze all bank accounts and stop any related financial transactions that a “sanctioned person” may own or try to perform — all in the name of “Iran Sanctions.”

Titled an “Executive Order from the President regarding Authorizing the Implementation of Certain Sanctions…” the order says that if an individual is declared by the president, the secretary of state, or the secretary of the treasury to be a “sanctioned person,” he (or she) will be unable to obtain access to his accounts, will be unable to process any loans (or make them), or move them to any other financial institution inside or outside the United States. In other words, his financial resources will have successfully been completely frozen. The EO expands its authority by making him unable to use any third party such as “a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, subgroup or other organization” that might wish to help him or allow him to obtain access to his funds.

And if the individual so “sanctioned” decides that the ruling is unfair, he isn't allowed to sue. In two words, the individual has successfully been robbed blind.

But it’s all very legal. The EO says the president has his “vested authority” to issue it, and then references endless previous EOs, including one dating back to 1995 which declared a “state of emergency” (which hasn’t been lifted): Executive Order 12957
Read more: thenewamerican.com...

time to make a bank run before it's to late folks

oh sorry peeps the article is from the 12th
but as i found out today [and not here] it's news to me

sorry beez carry on

edit on 25-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Yet another piece of news that doesn't matter. You just stay in your little rabbit hole - won't you be surprised when you finally stick your head out on Nov 7th.

Tell me about it. I thought "bullsh%tter" is pretty tactful way to go consider Romenys ever-changing policies.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I'm just saying.

Really? Name one.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Welcome again to sound-bite nation, ladies and gentlemen. Where even the smallest of off-the-cuff remarks get blown way out of proportion. It's happening on both sides and it's nauseating.

If it were an equal adherence or abhorence I might agree.

But it's not "sound-bite" nation, it's "Gotcha-world"!

Yeah... poor Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin being asked all those "gotcha questions" like "WTF are you talking about?"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Funny how you mention Sarah Palin. Back then, the MSM thought it was breaking news to report on the fact that she bought a used tanning bed to help fight off the long winter blues in Alaska. They spewed filth regarding her children etc etc... But any and everything is off limits regarding O.... It was then and still is now.

Sorry the vetting process is so difficult for the left to handle now because it wasn't done back in 2008.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by milominderbinder

Funny how you mention Sarah Palin. Back then, the MSM thought it was breaking news to report on the fact that she bought a used tanning bed to help fight off the long winter blues in Alaska. They spewed filth regarding her children etc etc... But any and everything is off limits regarding O.... It was then and still is now.

Sorry the vetting process is so difficult for the left to handle now because it wasn't done back in 2008.

Really? How about continuing to demand the guy's birth certificate years after he's already shown it to you? How about the endless allegations that Obama is a Muslim terrorist or whatever?

Sarah Palin got picked on because she doesn't know sh^t about ANYTHING. She thought Africa was a country, didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was, AND COULDN'T EVEN EXPLAIN WHAT THE VP'S JOB DESCRIPTION WAS!!!

It's just a wee bit different, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This man (Obama) is a slimeball. He's a manipulative liar, conman, and power-mad egomaniac. They have a term for people like him: Malignant Narcissist.

Go ahead. Google "Malignant Narcissism" and look for others with that trait.

Am I bad for taking more than a little pleasure from watching this worm squirm?

Tough. He deserves whatever he gets, and then some I'm sure.

EDIT: To quote my neighbor Marshall Mathers (Eminem to most)...

"Superman ain't savin' sh%#, girl you can jump on Romney's (RADIO EDIT)"
edit on 10/25/2012 by TTAA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It’s almost as bad as putting your dog on the roof of your car. Almost but not quite.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join