It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How then should we live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Some time ago I wrote a post about my feelings towards the sentiment against "sheeple" that are espoused by, among other people, the sort of folks who write on this blog. You can read it on the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please do read it if you havent to get a sense of where I'm coming from.

Now it is somewhat linked to what I'm writing about now. This is not a tirade against ant-sheeples (for now) but merely a question I'm requesting you to participate in.

if you are among the people who despise the modern "western" civilian (or "sheeple") what exactly is it you would rather them...us...doing.Tto quote Francis Schaeffer: "how then should we live?".

because this is something I never quite FULLY understood. you like to bitch about everything about modern society, about the sheeple and their likes. But what is it exactly do you want in place? Its a little vague, because you use terms like "waking up" but what does waking up really MEAN. From what I gather, it seems as if "waking up" vs "seeple" is not simply about knowing or believing certain things but somehow about a different way of life entirely, a way of thinking. Thats what I'm assuming. And I want you to be a bit more clear on that. enough of this "wake up" nonsense. I despise phrases such as "wake up, grow up, smarten up" because among other things, they demand change without being specific. Like that video with Gerald Celente for example (www.youtube.com...), he brings up this horrorshow and then brings up the natural question of "what should we do", which IMHO is the only real purpose of brining up any horrible truth. He then snaps at people to Grow Up and mocks peoples attempt to change anything! I thought he was being a real asshole there. If your gonna be so passionate about something and so angry at people, dont mock their attempts to solve the problem thats bothering you unless you got a better CONCRETE solution! What do you MEAN by "wake/Grow up"

So the disscussion topic: What exactly would you want us, the sheeple, the "consumer zombies" whatever to do or stop doing to earn your respect? Discuss the changes on an individual level (what kind of behaviors you would rather see, what kind of thinking, what they should give up), and the the societal level (what sort of society would you want in place of the current one).

But dont expect me to agree with you. I just humbly seek an understanding of exactly what is your problem with us. I ask for information, not advice.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well nothing is going to change until a majority of the people are aware of how broken and corrupt the system is. Until they realise neither the republicans nor the democrats have their best interests at heart.

All anyone can really do is try to inform people in a way that gets them to begins questioning things. You don't have to lay it all on them at once, you just need to find that one thing that strikes home to that one person. Once you have them thinking for themselves they will do the rest on their own.

I think that is all any one person can do. It takes time, years in some cases. But it works. A large portion of people I grew up with are beginning to see that everything is not as it seems. For some it was the big banks, others it was Monsanto or 9/11. It just takes one, and then they are doing the same thing, then the others. I'm seeing it happen right now.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It wont change. The people who are 'awake' are just the first on the depopulation list.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
bump?

top topics

join