It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Molly Dolly (November 2001-October 24, 2012).

page: 1

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

My heart is broken. This is my Little Molly Dolly. She passed away at 8:38 AM yesterday morning in one of her little beds I kept around the house. I just want the world to know she was so precious.

OUR FIRST MEETING.

it was a freezing cold and rainy November day. I was at my mother's house visiting her. My mother walked in with a little long haired chihuahua in her arms. Before turning around to see her, my mother asked her if I wanted a pet. Being that I lost my childhood cat of 17 years six months prior I told her 'absolutely not.' But once I looked up, I saw little Molly in her arms. She had been abandoned and my mother and step father found her outside huddling in the rain and saved her. The first second I saw her, my heart said, 'That's my baby!' And I took her as my own.

SO MANY GOOD MEMORIES.

She was the sweetest little baby. Molly was not the type to catch frisbees in the park or jump all over people. She was a little baby who just wanted to be in her mommy's lap. The reason I kept little beds all over the house is because wherever I was, that was the room she wanted to be. She liked to bask in the sun in front of windows so I would place little mini beds for her there.

She was mine before I even got married or had children. It was just her and me as a companionship team. She went with me on dates- I didn't care if the guys thought I was a weirdo. I'd sneak her into restaurants and if we got busted, we'd both leave instead of me just taking her out to the car. She went to church with me and everyone knew better than to say she couldn't come in. She had her little puppy outfits and her little treats she lived for.

One night in the middle of the night, she started humping my arm. It surprised me because I thought only males did that. I called my mother to make sure Molly was indeed a female dog. It was so funny! She did this cute little thing where she would jump around and stand on her little hind legs and beg for treats. It was the cutest thing and would make the whole room laugh.

My husband always laughed that if it came down between him and Molly that he would be the one who had to go. He'd come to bed sometimes only to find Molly under the covers in his spot. I loved listening to her little toe nails skittle around on the floors and how'd she'd push the doors open if she wanted into a room. She owned the house!

She would greet me at the door every day, lick my fingers every night before bed, and if I sat still for more than a minute, here'd she come to sit in my lap. Then she'd roll onto her back and look at me like, 'Rub my tummy, Mommy!'

SUMMER 2012.

The first sign her health was declining was when I took her out for a walk in June at the coast. Instead of running around like she always did and making me catch up, she just sat on the pavement without budging. She looked up as if to say, 'I'm sorry mommy but not this time. I just can't.' So I carried her on what would be our last walk.

Then the coughing started in July. I took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and pneumonia. But it wasn't a death sentence, I was told. She went on her medication and had to go on a strict diet. To be honest, we didn't always keep it 100% and I knew she liked her puppy stick treats every now and then- even if they were only used to conceal her pills so she would eat them.

THE LAST FEW DAYS.

A few days ago she stopped eating and wouldn't get out of bed. She would only get out to pee- she couldn't even pass a bowel movement or eat so I had to try to bring her some food she'd never touch. I made her a vet appointment for what would have been yesterday morning at 8:45 AM. There is a passage in the Bible that states God will remove His creature's food when it's their time. Food provides us with nutrients that can only prolong the suffering so God will remove our desire for subsistence to help our passing and end our pain. This was weighing on my heart until the night before last...

For the first time in days she was out of bed. She was following me around like a shadow in the kitchen-full of energy- while I was cooking dinner. That baby scarfed down a meal like I had never seen her eat before. I was so happy thinking the worst was over and it must have just been a little tummy bug. The next morning, she was all over the place with energy. I got home from taking my son to school and she was scratching at the door- she hadn't wanted to go outside in days so I thought this was another good sign she was well. Even my husband noticed how great of a turnaround she had.

I still wanted to take her to the vet, though, for her appointment just to be safe and get her meds refilled. She was in her bed my by computer and I pet her head. I left to go get her little baby blanket to wrap her in for her trip to the vet and said, 'Come on Baby! Time to take you to the doc!' And that is when I saw her in her little bed. She was gone.

Her little body was lifeless. Her little soul had been there just minutes before. I kept her in her blanket for a couple of hours saying my goodbyes. My husband called the vet and told them she passed right as we were supposed to have been leaving for the vet. We think she had a heart attack in her little bed.

I can't bare the thought of burying her in some dirty dark hole so we opted to have her cremated and the ashes returned to us. I just miss her so much. I want to feel her tiny little body against my chest again.

Ya'll might not have known her but she was the best dog. Her name is Molly but we call her Molly Dolly because she is like a little baby doll. We had been together through EVERYTHING! She was in my life longer than my husband and child. Even though the pain is breaking my heart, I remember the way she looked, cold and shivering when we first met. After that, she never had anything but good food, a warm bed, and a mom that would never abandon her.

We were attracted to each other like magnets! Chihuahuas are one-owner dogs and that is exactly what she was. I just wanted the world to know about Molly. She was one of a kind and there will never be another. I'd say she is finally resting in peace but I think that is the last thing she's doing. She's definitely at peace but I know she's running around in heaven playing, jumping, and having fun!

God bless you, Little Molly Dolly. Mama loves you and you created a space in my heart that will only belong to you. I will see you again one day. Just bask in the sun and chew on those bones until I get there.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss.

One of the hardest things in life to go through, yet the journey before the end is so rewarding.
Sounds like you couldn't have given her a better life.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Very sorry to hear. Reminds me of my Pom/Chi girl. Family and I have a found agreement on losses that we have went through in our lives. It goes something similar to " Sometimes the ill appear to be all healed but still end up passing away." Perhaps... maybe their spirit shows a last spark of energy before they go to rest. As to say "Thank you for all you have done to brighten my time in this realm."

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thank you so much for that. I remember thinking things were looking up since she had been so bouncy the night before and the morning of. I am utterly wracked with guilt and regret. The vet was going to try to extend their hours the night before but since she was doing so well and I had class that night, they were going to squeeze her in first thing in the morning. I should have said to hell with school I can go tonight. I have so much regret. We would have been at the vet in just seven more minutes the morning of her passing. I was gathering her things to go and it was just five minutes away. I feel like I let her down and it is tearing me apart.

My mother said it was her way and God's way of taking her before she could have received any more treatment and prolonged whatever suffering she had been feeling. It's like she was taken before she was given medicine to just keep her lingering. I'm just so angry I did it get there fast enough. If we had just had 7 more minutes. The house is so empty. I keep hearing her little sounds but I know they're in my head.

I swear I can hear her chewing her dog bones under the bed where she keeps her stash. Or tapping the footboards of the bed rails- that was her signal she wanted to come up in bed. She was so little she had to stand on her hind legs just to press her paws on the boards. I keep hearing little chewing sounds and toenail tapping. I feel like I'm going crazy. I woke up and put my hand down by my side of the bed where her main bed is. She always gave me a morning lick and got her morning pat but there was nothing when I put my hand there this morning.

I know this is awkward and I am so sorry. I hope those who have experienced a bond of love between them and a pet will know.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss. Anyone who's had a cherished pet can identify with your grief. I've gone through that a couple of times with dogs, myself and it almost surprises me how much it affects me when it happens. Truly an emotionally devastating thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So sorry you lost a good friend Ash. Don't beat yourself up about what you could have or should have done differently. As long as you feel she had a wonderful happy life with you that's all that matters. Makes us wish pets lived longer lives.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thank you guys so much- really.

And I hope my experience can help others out there. I had never heard of the last burst of energy before death before Molly. My husband also told me that was pretty common and a post above mentions it.

I did a search and sure enough it is pretty standard for both pets and humans:

I have been told by a nurse that this is not uncommon - a fair amount of dying people get a final burst of energy before death.

answers.yahoo.com...

Some very sick cats may suddenly appear to get better just before they crash. Your pet may suddenly start eating, become more friendly or have a burst of energy, only to go downhill soon after. Read more: How to tell if your cat is near death | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

www.ehow.com...

That is about cats but I'm sure it applies to dogs.

I just hope that info helps someone. I wish I had known she was showing the final stages.

If your pet declines food, stays in bed, retreats from affection, then has a final brush of fresh energy and appetite, please be aware it could be misleading. I was so happy in my heart yesterday morning thinking Molly was coming out of her funk when she was like a puppy again. Just keep an eye on them if they go through this.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

She was a good dog.

Beautiful story.

(kinda teary, keepin' it brief)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh Ashley.. Im so sorry to hear this.
Hang in there and also, be happy she passed in a place she loved with people who loved her.. and in peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So sad for your loss. Made me cry reading about her. She sounds like a special pup. She went fast, you did not have to watch her diminish over time, she probably perked up as her good bye gift so you could remember all the good times before she left you.
To have the love and devotion of an animal like that is a wonderful thing. (hug)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
That made me tear up. I am so sorry for your loss Ashley. I have lost many precious pets through the years and know exactly how you feel. Big hug! I know she is happy in heaven and you'll meet again.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ashley, I am so sad to hear of your loss. I have a dog very similar to Molly. He follows me everywhere and always sits in my lap, and snuggles close to me in bed. When it is his time to pass I know I will be a complete mess. He brings me more love and joy than I can ever express, as I am sure your Molly brought to you. She was so lucky to have you as her human. Thank you for sharing Molly with us here on ATS and honoring her beautiful spirit. All the best to you in your recovery.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by waldorf79

God bless you. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you are comforted.

I don't care about stars and flags. Those can respectfully be placed where the sun doesn't shine. I don't care about condolences and sympathy- they can't bring her back. I just wanted to tell the story and let the community I am apart of know that once upon a time there was a little tiny dog named Molly and she had a mommy who loved her so and that she will never be forgotten. I cannot expect strangers to care or understand- and that is fine. It was our bond- nobody else's. I do hope that some of my mistakes will help others learn, though.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss, however not all good things last and I see that you do indeed count yourself and molly blessed for the time you got to spend together, and I'm sure she does too.

Rest in peace Molly.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

She is gorgeous and will always be gorgeous in your memories. I know the heartache you are suffering. It is woeful and unfortunately a part of the deal for loving these bundles of fur.

As for the burst of energy - she knew you would be heartbroken and she pulled it out for you! She wanted you to have a beautiful and lasting memory of her. She did not want you to remember her last days as weak and in failing health. She loved you sooooooo much.

The grief will be very painful for awhile and then it won't be so bad and then down the line out of the blue you will howl because it is all painful again. Just know that you gave a little abandoned bundle of fur - everything and in return Molly gave you a beautiful last day together. She died in her bed - loved and warm and as far from her wretched beginning as was possible.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thank you to every single one of you who took the time out of your busy days to post. Each and every one of you who posted here or sent me PM's are so precious to me to show compassion for a pet you never knew. You are all very good people and I hope that every one of you is blessed in some way.

If you look through my posting history you will see that I'm not one to make threads about my personal life. I might drop little stories or anecdotes in threads from time to time but it's not my style to make threads asking for relationship advice, to rant about my parents, to talk about a fight I had with a friend, etc. That's my private world.

But for Molly, I just wanted to make a tribute to her. Amid all the hustle and bustle that is life... with a world full of people going to and fro... back and forth with their hectic schedules... trying to juggle work, school, family, hobbies, errands, leisure, and bills that in all that mix, there once was a little dog who lived in a little town in a little house with a little mommy and part of a little family. She was never in a dog show or commercials or magazines. She was never in the newspaper of a heroic creature who dragged a person out of a burning building or drowning sea. But she was a baby who was loved.

God bless you guys so much. I hope you can feel my hugs from here.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you honey. She's very special and will always always be with you...don't doubt that. I know how it feels...I lost Murphy in April in almost identical circumstances, off his food and then ok for a few days. Sometimes there is absolutely nothing we can do...it's just their time and we have to make it easy for them. Be kind to yourself, and know you were exactly the right human for her to spend her time here with.

Much love

Cait xxx

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It has been one year this morning since Molly passed away and went to Heaven. I won't bug everyone by bumping this every year but she has been on my mind and it has been emotional. I wanted to pay tribute to her on the anniversary of her passing.

We had her cremated last year when she passed on so she could be with me instead of buried in the backyard. Her ashes are in a sealed box that my mother decorated for me:

It hurts even a year later (and it always will). But I do understand life goes on and other animals need love, too. So I bought my 'Doogles' last year after Molly passed on. As of Friday, we will have been together one year!

I love all my babies, past and present.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Awe she sounds like she was a very awesome dog. I have known a couple chihuahua's and they were pretty chill and definitely little balls of energy! My friend has one and that little thing has a big dog personality but is so sweet.

I don't know how i missed this last year. So sorry about her passing.

I like her little memorial your mom had decorated. My friend did the same for her cat.

Your new little babies are too cute!!

top topics

join