It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ebook readers "swiftly" replacing books..are we setting ourselves up for failure! (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

What they don't tell you is what they can do with it. Books on millions of digital readers can be "revised" or deleted in an instant. Rights to music and movies you've purchased can be revoked at any time. TV and radio broadcasts can now be edited in near real time. History can be rewritten in a moment. The list could go on and on...

Every point you make is completely Valid and a worry of mine as well! I guess the Idea of completely losing it all scares me the most.. ('
')

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It worries me too.

I have an e-reader. I can carry almost 1500 books with me, but it's strictly for travel. I like having a library and physical copies at home, because there's nothing better than the feel of a book in the hands, the smell of the paper and the letter-pressed professional typography pleasing my eyes. You just can't get those on an e-reader.

There's something perfect about a book that no digitization can achieve.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I always have and always will have real books. Most of my books are second hand now because of the high cost, but I can read even more now.
There is nothing like losing yourself between the pages of a real book and a good story.

<< 1   >>

join