It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is punting all of the bad stuff until after the election...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Obama is delaying the bitter and expensive reality of his policies until after you vote. How convenient..

First it was his influence over Lockeheed Martin to delay mass layoffs until after the election. Yes, Lockheed Martin caved in and is delaying the layoff notices until after the election. Obama even offered to cover the expenses attached due to a violation of the WARN ACT.

Lockheed Martin said Monday it will not issue employee layoff notices this year, ending an election-year showdown with the Obama administration.

The company said it based its decision on new guidance issued Friday by the Office of Management and Budget and the Pentagon.

The guidance said the Pentagon did not anticipate killing any contracts on Jan. 2, the day automatic spending cuts are set to begin hitting defense spending. The guidance also said the federal government would cover severance costs that are mandated under a federal layoff notices law.

The decision by Lockheed means tens of thousands won’t get layoff notices days before Election Day, which might have cast a crucial blow against President Obama’s reelection chances.

Republicans argue that last week’s guidance was a politically motivated effort by the administration to protect Obama ahead of the election.

thehill.com...

Oh!! the hypocrisy...

In 2007, Democrats led by Sherrod Brown, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton proposed the Forewarn Act, which would have strengthened the WARN Act by expanding the number of companies under the law’s jurisdiction and requiring 90 days’ notice. The bill didn’t go anywhere. Now, apparently, the president not only opposes the principles underlying legislation he himself supported, he opposes WARN entirely.

What the WARN act is supposed to do

What’s ironic about the politics of sequestration is how the WARN Act came into law. In 1988, a Democratically-controlled Congress passed the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act with veto-proof majorities. It was heralded as a major victory for labor and workers who would now have advanced notice of mass layoffs. The idea was to provide a window for workers and their families to look for new opportunities while taking advantage of state programs while they were still on payroll. By law, firms with at least 100 full-time employees anticipating mass layoffs must provide 60 days’ notice to affected employees (some states require 90 days like California and New York).

www.aei.org...

OK... Now its the EPA's turn to delay very costly (for the taxpayers) new regulations until after the election... The voters will never figure this out right??

New report from the Senate committee on Environment and Public Works

This report enumerates the slew of environmental regulations that the Obama-Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has delayed or punted on before the election while President Obama is trying to earn votes; but the Obama-EPA plans to move full speed ahead to implement this agenda if President Obama wins a second term. As this report reveals, these rules taken together will inevitably result in the elimination of millions of American jobs, drive up the price of gas at the pump even more, impose construction bans on local communities, and essentially shut down American oil, natural gas, and coal production.

Time to bust up the EPA and their unconstitutional authority granted to them by Obama to create their own laws...

"President Obama has spent the past year punting on a slew of job-killing EPA regulations that will destroy millions of American jobs and cause energy prices to skyrocket even more," Senator Inhofe said. "From greenhouse gas regulations to water guidance to the tightening of the ozone standard, the Obama-EPA has delayed the implementation of rule after rule because they don't want all those pink slips and price spikes to hit until after the election. But President Obama's former climate czar Carol Browner was very clear about what's in store for next year: she told several green groups not to worry because President Obama has a big green 'to-do' list for 2013 so they'll get what they want. The radical environmental left may not need to worry but what about hard working Americans who will lose their jobs and be subjected to skyrocketing energy prices thanks to the Obama-EPA?

"This report is a wake-up call on the economic pain that the 'abusive' Obama-EPA plans to inflict next year - it reveals a President who is more concerned about saving his own job than the millions of Americans who are looking for one today."

epw.senate.gov...

The EPA aims to attack everything from Greenhouse gas production to the manufacture of CEMENT!!!

Ozone Rule
Hydraulic Fracturing
Water Guidance
Stormwater Regulation

Cement!!!!

EPA's Cement MACT rule could cause 18 plants to shut down, throwing up to 80,000 people out of work. As more and more cement has to be imported from China, concrete costs for the construction of roads, bridges, and buildings that use cement could increase 22% to 36%. As with Boiler MACT, due to Congressional opposition, EPA is now reconsidering certain aspects of the rule, which will not be seen until after the election.

Farm Dust!!

Tightening the PM10 NAAQS would have widespread implications for rural America, as it could be below the amount of dust created during normal farming operations, and therefore be impossible to meet. If the standard is tightened, the only option for farmers to comply will be to curb everyday farm activities, which could mean cutting down on numbers of livestock or the tilling of fields, or they may have to shrink or even end their businesses altogether.

Obama does not want to talk about the massive costs attached to all of these New EPA regulations for good reason. It would trash his narrative... Don't believe what he tells you...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well at least if we can shut down the EPA we wont have to worry about elections or the Rich or anything for that matter..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Obama has been hiding in a corner with a blanket over his head for a year.

All he's been doing is campaigning.

The average American citizen has been hoodwinked all along.

Obama & Co. is guilty of RICO violations.

These diversions will kill off the middle class if and when brought to reality.

This may be the master Marxist plan.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The disgusting destruction of America will continue if Obama is re-elected.

We get the leadership we deserve. Maybe these ivory tower liberals, the whiny PC crowd, the entitlement weanies will be singing a different tune when they're sharing a bread line with everyone else.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Very interesting, will have to read into it a bit more as i am not overly familiar with these policies.

It seems to me that to avoid the issues mentioned in the OP, only a single term should be permitted for every President, except for in the case of a over whelming majority upon his/her/robots initial election.

Presidentbot 5000 for 2016

edit on 25-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jibeho

We get the leadership we deserve. Maybe these ivory tower liberals, the whiny PC crowd, the entitlement weanies will be singing a different tune when they're sharing a bread line with everyone else.

And that's the truth, that is exactly what is going to happen.

Our government is broken the depth of the situation we the people will be experiencing will boggle the mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sorry, to expand on my proposition a bit more;

It seems to me that to avoid the issues mentioned in the OP, only a single term should be permitted for every President, except for in the case of a over whelming majority upon his/her/robots initial election.

This would prevent Presidents from abusing their powers as commander in chief to sway public opinion by means discribed in the OP.

Pipe dream perhaps, but i am sure if we all could induce changes in US politics, I am sure many of you have some really good suggestions.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Sorry, to expand on my proposition a bit more;

This would prevent Presidents from abusing their powers as commander in chief to sway public opinion by means discribed in the OP.

Pipe dream perhaps, but i am sure if we all could induce changes in US politics, I am sure many of you have some really good suggestions.

Lets not stop there. Term limits for everyone in DC
!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
At least we actually know Obama's plans.
Any one know Romneys?
18 of BUSH'S foreign policy advisors are now with Romney.
Same with his economic advisors.
Obama stopped the giant bleeding hole that was the Bush crisis.
And you guys think putting the same dudes Bush had in charge is helpful?
It's obviously a dislike of Obama personally. No one in their right mind
would vote in the same group that blew up the world only 4 years ago.
That ain't whining or PC. It's truth.
The only whining I hear is the Right.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My only concern is that truly capable and competent politicians will be pushed out of office before they have had a chance to enact changes that will benefit the country, the state, the individual. This is why I added a bit of a disclaimer regarding majority support and perhaps rekindle the concept of true Bipartisanship .

I can just imagine the number of individuals opposed to this idea….No more sneaky back room politics. It would essentially force everything into the open and representatives who truly represent their constituents will be elected. Well that’s the plan anyway

edit on 25-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

We are very familiar with the 60 day WARN notices.
Lockheed ... Boeing .. United Technologies ... etc etc all give them out.
A lot of people I know are in shock that Obama has gone around this law.
Lots of people count on that 60 day layoff notice. LOTS.
It's going to hit hard ... very very hard .... after the election.
Obama will win .. the notices will then go out .. and there will be lots of buyers remorse.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

And... no one should vote for the man who has added $1 trillion to the deficit every year he's been in office. The man who pledged to cut the deficit in half, the man who said we can't just keep borrowing from the China credit card has done just what he said we should not do.

Does Obama even remember these words he stated on the campaign trail. He broke the records for deficits added by a single term president.

Where has THIS Obama gone... The 2008 Obama that everyone put so much hope in...??

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

There is also the Obama campaign outright lying about the coal miners, saying Mitt paid them off.

These guys are worried about their jobs and their ability to provide for their families.

It's a good vid.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not a group the Obama campaign should have messed with!! Hard working and god fearing folks who feel that their future is about to change for the worse. Where they live, coal puts the food on the table. That's all they have.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
All pay for politicians should be contingent on the existence of a budget surplus.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

The disgusting destruction of America?

I graduated from college during Obamas administration.. I have a job that pays the bills.. I had a job interview today for a better job. I live in a nice apartment with my girlfriend and we have no money problems.

Now according to the news my generation is all suffering in the gutter and starving and can't find work... Yet everyone I know from school has gone on to find career work of their own.

When will republicans stop whining and moaning about how Obama is ruining their lives and tale some freaking responsibility for their own failures??

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

That's right, he's done great...

obama's acomplishments, go ahead make my day:
—23 Million Unemployed or Underemployed

—47 Million on Food Stamps

—5.5 Million Homes in Crisis/Foreclosure

—$4500 Drop in Household Income

—$5.5 Trillion of New Debt

—$716 Billion in Medicare Cuts

—$2.6 Trillion for Obamacare

—$1.9 Trillion in New Taxes in Obama’s Budget

—100% Increase in Gas Prices

__Al Quada stronger than ever.

__The middle east on fire.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Good for you! You are part of the 50% of college graduates who have a job and don't live in your parent's basement.
You must have either chosen a solid career path or live in the Greater D.C. area..

What about the Plans that the EPA has that will certainly cripple the nation if they are permitted to fully implement their regulations. EPA answers to no one just like Sebelius in HHS... yet they have the power to solely enact their legislation... Quite out of balance from our system of checks and balances eh?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Hawking

Good for you! You are part of the 50% of college graduates who have a job and don't live in your parent's basement.
You must have either chosen a solid career path or live in the Greater D.C. area..

What about the Plans that the EPA has that will certainly cripple the nation if they are permitted to fully implement their regulations. EPA answers to no one just like Sebelius in HHS... yet they have the power to solely enact their legislation... Quite out of balance from our system of checks and balances eh?

Haha sorry bud I got a degree in English, no solid career path there. And I have lived in Cincinnati, Charlotte and Lubbock since graduating.

It's time we all take responsibility for our personal problems. I hated George w because he's an idiot, but if he were president today I wouldn't blame him for how my life is going. Those are my issues and no one is responsible for them but me.

We can all sit around and blame the president, or congress, or the mayor, or our parents. But at the end of the day you made your own bed, and you're gonna have to sleep in it

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

reply to post by jibeho

The disgusting destruction of America?

I graduated from college during Obamas administration.. I have a job that pays the bills.. I had a job interview today for a better job. I live in a nice apartment with my girlfriend and we have no money problems.

Now according to the news my generation is all suffering in the gutter and starving and can't find work... Yet everyone I know from school has gone on to find career work of their own.

When will republicans stop whining and moaning about how Obama is ruining their lives and tale some freaking responsibility for their own failures??

When THESE people find a job!:

a/o 10/5/12
The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was little changed at 4.8 million and accounted for 40.1 percent of the unemployed.

And when these people find sustainable employment!:

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) rose from 8.0 million in August to 8.6 million in September. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join