It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of Antiques

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Have had two dreams related to antiques and two nights in a row.
In first dream, im at home and my living room is very spacious and not filled with lots of furniture and it has large windows. I get this big antique chair delivered for me, i have a feeling that i have bought this chair myself.
Chair looks like this empire style desk chair just a bit wider.

I look at, touch it and im happy its in my livingroom.

In my next dream, im in Antique shop which also have a cafe, its very messy place and not very organized. There is a middle aged man in front of antique desk and doing some paper work and he looks a bit tired and frustrated. There is an old lady in other side of the shop trying to organize the cakes in shelf and making coffee, she is also confused to not able to make the shop the way she is pleased. She asks my help, im a customer, what to do. So i tell her to have couple extra shelfs and those appear there, then i helped her to put some of the cakes there even i felt that im in hurry to somewhere else. After we got this old ladys cafe to look better she guided me to this man who was sitting in front of his desk. He shaked my hand and said thank you and was very reliefed like i had solved a big problem they were having.

What are your thoughts about this, what might this mean ?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

The antiques mean something from your past.

The chair looks like one you would sit in while visiting an attorney.

You helped the lady organize her store because you feel your own life needs adjusting.

Any old legal matters that might resurface for you?

edit on 25-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Where are your Grandparents - Notice too how the photo you chose has something to do with the dream.....its perfect in every way, (absent persons) which may have been the outcome you were seeking in the dream - for your own life i.e.

Remember too that oftentimes our actions (thoughts and deeds) following the dream are as important to an interpretation as the dream itself in that they relate to the dream in an interactive way.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

There is no legal matters as i could think of, i have been nice all my life
I have no debt and never had and either have hubby. In last 2 years some of hubbys older relatives has passed away tho and one great great uncle of mine too couple months ago, i am one of the estate tho.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

My grandparents have passed away for over 10 years now. I wonderr why i did not tried the chair i just was happy its there, i touched it like it was a treasure.
edit on 25-10-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka

My grandparents have passed away for over 10 years now.

OK, but they are apparently in the dream as "symbolic" operators.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Now that i think i wonder is it somehow relevant, my grandfather was a judge. Also the feeling i chose to help these people even i have a feeling i should be somewhere else and being in hurry.
edit on 25-10-2012 by dollukka because: adding

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka

Now that i think i wonder is it somehow relevant, my grandfather was a judge. Also the feeling i chose to help these people even i have a feeling i should be somewhere else and being in hurry.
edit on 25-10-2012 by dollukka because: adding

YES - and the most important symbol of a judge is?.....................the chair - now an empty chair that is in some way "sacred" or untouchable (unsitable).

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Maybe the dreams are telling you to invest in a few quality antique pieces, or maybe even to investigate the antiques business. Possibly even to look into your family's history.

I love antiques and have many pieces, a few from the early to mid 1800s. I have one piece from my great, great grandparents, a handful from my great grandparents, and several from my grandparents. I am fortunate in that I am the only one in the family that appreciates such treasures so I have inherited them (other family members didn't want any so gave theirs to me) and am looking forward to the time I can start passing pieces on to my own children. As they are only in their 20s now they aren't quite ready for the responsibility yet.

edit on 25-10-2012 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I have quite a lot antiques i also have inherited, most of them are from my grandparents. I don´t really collect antiques but i want to keep those as those are part of my family history.
If this dream has some sort of message, i have a feeling i should do something but have no idea what.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Ok, here's my take:

Something doesn't "sit right with you" --an incongruence between something you 'knew' to be true, pit against some new information. So you got a new chair. You had to 'add' a new concept and you like the results. It may be an old notion, but it sits well with you in your room (mind.)

Then you go to the 'antique store' of past memories, beliefs, stored concepts, and attempt to organize them into an orderly display, which is one thing our minds do when we sleep-- organize everything that we've come to know, for easier recall and so that it all fits together in a way that makes sense and doesn't conflict.

The old man and old lady are symbolic of long held beliefs within, the part of you that you entrust to be keepers/caretakers of your precious storage of life lessons. You show up to help organize, because you know what needs to be shelved and how things could be compartmentalized together in order to live your life with more satisfaction.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Very astute observations - couldn't have said it better............

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
...And if the theme of 'antiques' being tied to your grandparents resonates with you, it could very well be that some things that they once said you tossed aside, but now you're willing to give them a 'seat' in your consciousness. And you've even shown up at the antiques store of your memories to dust them off and put them on display.

What I've found with cryptic dreams that 'haunt' you is... they will burden you until the message becomes clear. Then it will be like... OF COURSE!!! That's what that dream meant! Then it will be like a friend and not a mystery anymore. Thing is, only you are able to discern if what anybody says is the accurate interpretation.

It's happened to me before. A dream from age 6 stayed with me as a curiosity, until in my 20's it became crystal clear what it meant. All I can say is, you will know.. when you know. There will be no doubt, and you will be amazed at your mind's creative use of symbolism!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Thank you, i need to think about meaning this dream. I hope it will be clear to me in some point.

top topics

join