It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans demand an end to doomsday myth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

got any proof that "the Hopi" have come out to say that? btw i have Hopi friends and they are a very closed society so i'm eager to get some names on this?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

The source was a press release posted on the Hopi Nation website. Unfortunately the page has been taken down. You can still get to it through the Internet Wayback Machine but for whatever reason ATS doesn't let you post links to sites from there. So I'll have to give you some instructions.

1. Go to Internet Archive
2. Under the Wayback Machine enter the URL: www.hopi.nsn.us...
3. Click Take Me Back
4. Choose the February 4, 2004 backup.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The source was a press release posted on the Hopi Nation website. Unfortunately the page has been taken down. You can still get to it through the Internet Wayback Machine but for whatever reason ATS doesn't let you post links to sites from there. So I'll have to give you some instructions.

3. Click Take Me Back

Hi Xcalibur254,

I've previously had the same (frustrating) problem when trying to post a link on ATS to material which is now only available via the Wayback Machine website.

One partial solution or work-around is to use a quick and easy tool (such as Microsoft's free Snipping Tool for Windows) to capture some of the relevant webpage and then post the image, e.g.:

edit on 26-10-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

3. Click Take Me Back

link doesn't work for me, but something you should know about our reservation life is that we have corruption as well and it's become a great divide between traditional native people and non traditional native people, when it comes to tribal government. perhaps your information is derived from non traditional tribal members.

the last elder Hopi spiritual leader was Chief Dan Evemhema who passed in 1999 and his message to mankind mirror's those of Hopi elders for thousands of years.

here is an excerpt or you can read it here. hopi.cmsimple.sk...:Sacred_Tablets:Stone_Tablet_%232

So many people have come to Hopi Land to meet with us. Some of you we have met on your lands. Many times people have asked how they can help us. Now I hope and pray that your help will come. If you have a way to spread the truth, through the newspapers, radio, books, thought-meeting with powerful people, tell the truth! Tell them what you know to be true. Tell them what you have seen here; what you have heard us say; what you have seen with your own eyes. In this way, if we do fall, let it be said that we tried, right up to the end, to hold fast to the path of peace as we were originally instructed to do by the Great Spirit.

Should you really succeed, we will all realize our mistakes of the past and immediately return to the true path-living in harmony as brothers and sisters, sharing our Mother, the earth, with all other living creatures. In this way we could bring about a new world. A world which would be led by the Great Spirit and our Mother will provide plenty and happiness for all.

God bless you, each one of you and know our prayers for peace meet yours as the sun rises and sets. May the Great Spirit guide you safely into the path of love, peace freedom and God on this Earth Mother. May the holy ancestors of love and light keep you safe in your land and homes.

Pray for God to give you something important to do in this great work which lies ahead of us all to bring peace on earth. We the Hopi still hold the sacred stone tablets and now await the coming of our True White Brother and others seriously ready to work for the Creator's peace on earth.

Be well, my children, and think good thoughts of peace and togetherness - peace for all life on earth, and peace with one another in our homes, families and countries. We are not so different in our Creator's eyes. The same great Father Sun shines his love on each of us daily just as Mother Earth prepares the substance for our table, do they not? We are ONE after all.

To a great and kind man.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Enjoy trying to keep resources at a stable level when society ends.....starving will be fun
edit on 26-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
As to the more conservative, responses, I agree they're from the government native counsels, the ones that play favorites on which children who are 1/4 and legally entitled to their status, are blocked, especially if they're from a lineage that goes before the government management of their nations, but from a long lineage unbroken for over 10 000 years. We just managed to get my first two sons their status, as young adults, but their nation/people haven't accepted them so they are simply status. My native friend, my best friend, is furious and says they have no honor and if it was her, she would send a letter to each of them telling them what their lineage, their children, their future is all about and what honor is. She managed to get her grandson his status on 1/8, bringing forth the religious issues, whereby her people, the Kispiox nation, believed in reincarnation and placed hands upon the child and said who it was coming back. And so she said, in her letters to the government, "How dare you tell me my grandson does not belong to his people, and cited who they accepted already as." They stamped that one through quickly, alot faster than its taking us to get the so called legal status for the 2.

The government native counsels are corrupt, and they do not represent end time myths and beliefs, which are indeed prevalent.

My friend also told me that natives have been collecting seeds for a long time now. In fact she is the one who brings up 2012 and various prophecies, and speaks of cloud ships, and called me up to witness a craft long before I was awake and woken up by them.

She also had something to say when I phoned and told her the strange experiences I had meditating outside day after day and using a book, and looking into the sun glow, the light around the sun, where things could be seen that could not be seen just past the lit area around the sun. And I shared the cottonwood trees, white fluff. It should have blown with the wind, instead, it would hover in front of my face, turn around and zip back to the tree, or turn against the wind, like little crafts, and fly over the roof, then turn around and go back to the tree.

She told me that the cottonwoods had already ascended, and that this was known by the natives.

By the way, the natives are some of the most psychic people on earth.

Do you really think they're down to earth with their beliefs? Not in the least. They're sensitives.

edit on 26-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Enjoy trying to keep resources at a stable level when society ends.....starving will be fun
edit on 26-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

Ends? Its not going to this cycle. They're not getting their NWO this time. We're completely surrounded by the cosmos, and there are some very big legalistic issues in how they've mismanaged this last cycle and planet. I'm I for one am extremely happy about this.

Hold and yearn for the eutopia, paradise, The Equality, we wish for, with technology. Technology is progression, and not our enemy, but it needs to be Clean. Oh, the clean upgrade was given to the so called managers or board of directors for the school, they stole it from the students. Its another legal issue, and what has been done is a giant sting operation, or entrapment.

Earth is going to advance to a level 1 civilization this time, but not without possible tests.

I had a meeting under a meteor shower several Augusts ago, was most odd. But, its in our hands. What is allowed, and what can happen, will only occur, the permissions to the negative power abusers side, would only happen when people are content with themselves, pat themselves on the shoulder, buy the dogma of their economic/political beliefs and ignore the needs of others, the homeless, the starving and sit down and bite hard on the mousetrap and watch their big screen tvs and endless selfish toys at being bought off as "willing" I gather, slaves.

I was shown its up to us. That this very picture I was given, pretty much determines what will be allowed, because souls count the most, and they want everyone to wake up.

As for resources and sustainability. I was shown that my plans were important, should anything happen. Being ready to get people together, share tools, put up shelters, from yurts, to cob homes, and develop energy from solar, wind, to water turbines, to free energy for fun and giggles when you need something to do with the youth. That greenhouses, aquaponics, etc were going to be important.

And its not what you have now that counts, it never matters what your circumstances. They don't value anything here and have far more contact with the poor than with the rich.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

Built out of recycled things and insulated with tires, producing its own energy and electricity, recycling water, requiring no heating or cooling, growing food year round.

WHY IS ANYONE NOT SELF SUFFICIENT IF NOT FOR GREED?

NO HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO STOP ANYONE FROM HAVING LAND. IT SHOULDN'T COST MONEY. IT'S SLAVERY AND ILLEGAL TO SELL IT.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The end of days...is the beginning of days.
Our reality is in belief - so we believe what we want.
Time reveals all Truth~

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I find this title to be slightly misleading. They aren't demanding the end of the myth, they're demanding the end of monetary gain at their historical expense.

They don't care if people believe in it, they care that people are making money off of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I like taking a shower in the rain during a thunderstorm outside on the back deck. It feels so good afterwards. I never tried a meteor shower,

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Since when did we listen to the Mayans? We are watching their Calendar but I don't recall taking a whole lot of advice. They really are in no position to be bossing people around or demanding anything. Didn't they have human sacrifices to appease their Gods? Are they not the inspiration behind breaking the chest wall and pulling out a man or woman's still beating heart? These people were barbarians. Nobody needs to do anything they say to do including "end this doomsday myth." It's laughable.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I find the ops post to be suspect. Will the real Myans please stand up?

The Maya people constitute a diverse range of the Native American people of southern Mexico and northern Central America. The overarching term "Maya" is a collective designation to include the peoples of the region who share some degree of cultural and linguistic heritage; however, the term embraces many distinct populations, societies, and ethnic groups, who each have their own particular traditions, cultures, and historical identity.

There are an estimated 7 million Maya living in this area at the start of the 21st century.[1] Ethnic Maya of Guatemala, southern Mexico and the Yucatán Peninsula, Belize, El Salvador, and western Honduras have managed to maintain substantial remnants of their ancient cultural heritage. Some are quite integrated into the majority hispanicized Mestizo cultures of the nations in which they reside, while others continue a more traditional culturally distinct life, often speaking one of the Maya languages as a primary language.

The largest populations of contemporary Maya inhabit Guatemala, Belize, and the western portions of Honduras and El Salvador, as well as large segments of population within the Mexican states of Yucatán, Campeche, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, and Chiapas.
en.wikipedia.org...

So you see.. these people may have no more claim to know anything at all about the ancient Myans than say the group of people calling themselves Myans from Tabasco.

indeed, unless this "spokesman" is an acknowledged "Keeper of Days"
he wouldn't know what he is talking about

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

i think you may be confusing them with the aztecs

however while it was originally thought they didn't
it's been shown that they did

while i'm not going to justify such things
i would like to point out that the mayans, aztecs and similar societies as part of their religious devotions
would prick their fingers with stingray stingers or run a cord with thorns in it through a hole cut into their tongues
this blood would be collected on rolls of bark paper and offered in sacrifice

high or low blood was offered and sacrifices made even by the gods themselves

not many xtians would take it that far nowadays [Filipino crucifixions aside]
though historically there were the flagellants and other bizarre forms of self-torture and self mutilation including auto-castration. truth is much of the hate and violence directed against the meso-american religions by the conquistadors and the RCC was due to the curious fact that many beliefs and rituals of these had a very strange and ultimately more open and honest similarity to xtianity than xtianity will ever admit.

the names escape me at the mo' but i recall reading of an event in which upon observing a rite in which an image of a god ,made of bread w/ entheogenic mushrooms, was crucified[ OOOHHH YYEEESSS.] at the height of the ceremony the god is torn down from the cross
and eaten.
whereupon the catholic priests gathered there immediately claimed that the devil had gotten there before them and planted a "perverted form of Xtianity" to lead the natives into error, and then a massacre against the celebrants was carried out.

a likely story ,
which should be called out as the standardized BS it is.

truth is all the blood/sacrificial lamb/sacrificed god stories including xtianity go back to the paleolithic
which is why they appear even in the new world

as for human sacrifices that still goes on nowadays
we have our "florid wars" just like the meso-americans did

and the worship of mammon and moloch is still ongoing with the sacrifice of children and even unborn generations
in the name of Consumerism and and the "american standard of living" [4-5% of the total world population, consuming [and wasting] 33+% of the worlds resources] and not just the dead babies killed by bombs, drones, phosphorus, and DU
but the children of americans as well having been sold into debt slavery by their mindless consuming parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents.

but hey some folk like believing they are superior or the beneficiaries of the pinnacle of human existence.
more fools they.
edit on 26-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Funnily enough it wasn't the Mayans who built that civilization and nor is the so called ''prophecy'' theirs.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If demanding something is all it takes....gee why didn't I think of that? Saw the article before you posted it and thought this will just make it worse.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Incan, Aztec, Mayan, Indian and Mexican all seem to share this lineage...don't they?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So, the Long Count gets blatantly misinterpreted and appropriated by ignorant Western (mostly American) New Agers seeking an exotic, spiritual thrill ride, and is then used to perpetuate a Frankensteinian New Age religion (composed of bits and bobs of various unrelated indigenous religions, mostly from South/Central America, Asia and Africa), all the while relegating Mayans and the other indigenous groups the New Agers draw their 'inspiration' to 'magical Negro' (I know they're not black; it's a storytelling device) status.

Then, when some of the remaining Mayans decide to speak out against this gross misinterpretation of an ancient calendar, they're attacked by their New Age fan club (not to mention the racists who hate them just for being brown) for 'not knowing what they're talking about,' because apparently Western New Agers are a bigger authority on Mayan history and culture then, well, the Mayans.

All I'm drawing from this is that I can't wait for January 1st 2013 (after the mass suicides, of course) so we can put this bullspit behind us and the New Agers can start picking out the next ancient indigenous people to co-opt.

Basically, if life was a Propagandhi album, we'd be living in 'Duplicate Keys Icaro' right about now.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There's nothing especially significant about the 2012 myth. Just another in an long series of failed End Of The World predictions albeit better marketed than most.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Everyone naysaying these Mayans are putting their trust into who? Some white guy who has a death wish?

A question to all those who believe these modern day Mayans know nothing. Why do you think you know better than they do? I dont trust any of ya.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I honestly don't think I've ever met anyone who thought it was the end of the world. It was always understood to be a time cycle and only the end of an era. This is common knowledge to anyone who has done some kind of "research" into it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join