It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans demand an end to doomsday myth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So either everyone in the world is confused on this subject or the mayans are for sure we are all mindfarked.

Hmmm I vote we are all mindfarked as we do have visitors who could pick up any major threat and either allow it or stop it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I do find it quite funny that the Mayans have waited until 2012 before really attempting to debunk these myths!

They could have seriously started debunking all this 20 plus years ago. Instead, they have allowed it to be milked to death and then when 2012 comes round...

Oh the Mayan elders have tried to debunk this years ago but nobody wanted to listen to them. I doubt anybody will listen to them now.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Gomez's group issued a statement saying that the new Maya time cycle simply "means there will be big changes on the personal, family and community level, so that there is harmony and balance between mankind and nature."

Though many are supposed to suffer, then perish and die by design. The flesh is fleeting while the Soul is Eternal, unless. One should 'hope' for reincarnation of a being with a second chance. Some souls are extinguished altogether from what "I" understand though I could be wrong for who am I to assume either way?
How many human beings do you 'know' that act more like animals than human of 'all' races?
Too many to count.

The Soul is precious though far too many see the flesh before the Soul.
The Conscience is there for the knowing though most chose to choose the material world and ego.
There is choice, as freewill implies.
Many have gone against their 'will' and so be them.

Regrets?
Could one turn their wheel around?
I suppose it's up to the individual.
Most are subjects, slaves unto the will of another.
They deserve the destiny they serve; no?

I have experienced some in central america that see another as an animal sees food. It's amazing in this day and age though true. I wish well for all though when others act as animals to Take what they can from another with no regard for that 'individual' or any sense of 'justice' or 'rule of law' they are acting as an animal and will be treated as such and deserve their fate. Do you understand? Read the weekly news; then reply. Thanks and God Bless? L8ter.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It is funny how one guy can say he is the spokesman for and entire culture. It is even more funny that the culture is virtually extinct, and has been for hundreds of years.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It is stupidity to think that nowadays Mayans will know something better than their ancestors.

If that's the case, why won't we ask the Egyptians who built the pyramids? I mean... It is a part of the Egyptian culture, am I wrong?

Hey, i'm in Israeli... Maybe I know something about the Illuminati or the upcoming NWO?

Will people mind to please stop associating cultures and people to other cultures and other people from centuries ago to nowadays? I don't see anyone living for hundreds or thousands of years to understand what they really have been through, and especially not our days population in which ignorance is worldly spread, welcomed and advocated like the poison we name food.

I appreciate the ancient cultures way beyond our culture, since we are living in the age of ignorance and all we know is to talk confidently and make others believe the nonsense that we're spreading when we're opening our mouths. The more the knowledge, lesser the ego. The more the ego, lesser the knowledge (Einstein)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
It is funny how one guy can say he is the spokesman for and entire culture. It is even more funny that the culture is virtually extinct, and has been for hundreds of years.

The Mayans are not extinct buddy, it is even more funny that just one person like you says so
. Any video to assure your point of view? The Mayans are very much alive, rest assured.

edit on 26-10-2012 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
There were these same people in this country in central america (Belize) that attempted to defraud me of my house title.....And land title (separate districts) of which I had to hire an ex-supreme court judge (out of the system) to represent myself and prove the facts as they were. It was an amazing experience! An Absolute Culture of Corruption run amuck as pirates to a prey. Pure scumbaggery at it's worst imagination! The criminals expected me to accept their conditons as some were in political positions they did Not deserve. This surprised me as I would assume they were aware of the consequences of their actions. Maybe not, though I believe they were informed. I later discovered there was a LONG line of 'foreign' victims within this district going back 30 years.

I hired a lawyer, as mentioned, a retired supreme court judge (who knew the criminal for who he was and pointed RIGHT in his face for past crimes) to represent myself. It was settled for the present though the future is another unknown although the taxes have been paid on the property for past 7 years. I have ensured the criminals have suffered for their crimes in various ways and many more to follow though I was surprised at the ignorance of it all.

Either way, justice will be served in the end, one Way or another. I suppose this is understood? All scumbags should be Removed from the sytem when found for what they are. Otherwise they are encouraged to do the same to the next victim as my American real estate agent and her husband from Colorado were murdered a few months after the house contract! There is much more though most have been sweeped (not recorded such as various burglaries/thefts) from the public record for 'some' reason. Either way they are punished in the present and in their End. Amazing to experience as one could imagine. Oh, I've only begun to 'explain' the experiences, ignorance and corruption I've had to witness, though I'm hoping or the best for myself, the country and what I plan to offer.....for the future.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

in just over a month, ATSers will be looking to the comet ISON for their doomsday fix

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemoonsine
There were these same people in this country in central america that attempted to defraud me of my house title and land title (separate districts) of which I had to hire an ex-supreme court judge (out of the system) to represent myself and prove the facts as they were. It was an amazing experience! The criminals expected me to accept their conditons as some were in positions they did Not deserve. This surprised me as I would assume they were aware of the consequences of their actions. Maybe not, though I believe they were informed.

I hired a lawyer; a retired supreme court judge to represent myself. It was settled for the present though the future is another unknown although the taxes have been paid on the property for past 7 years The criminals have suffered for their crimes in various ways and many more to follow though I was surprised at the ignorance of it all.

Either way, justice will be served in the end, one Way or another. I suppose this is understood? All scumbags should be Removed from the sytem when found for what they are. Otherwise they are encouraged to do the same to the next victim as my American real estate agent and her husband from Colorado were murdered a few months after the house contract! There is much more though most have been sweeped from the public record for 'some' reason. Either way they are punished in the present and in their End. Amazing to experience as one could imagine.
wtf

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I find the ops post to be suspect. Will the real Myans please stand up?

The Maya people constitute a diverse range of the Native American people of southern Mexico and northern Central America. The overarching term "Maya" is a collective designation to include the peoples of the region who share some degree of cultural and linguistic heritage; however, the term embraces many distinct populations, societies, and ethnic groups, who each have their own particular traditions, cultures, and historical identity.

There are an estimated 7 million Maya living in this area at the start of the 21st century.[1] Ethnic Maya of Guatemala, southern Mexico and the Yucatán Peninsula, Belize, El Salvador, and western Honduras have managed to maintain substantial remnants of their ancient cultural heritage. Some are quite integrated into the majority hispanicized Mestizo cultures of the nations in which they reside, while others continue a more traditional culturally distinct life, often speaking one of the Maya languages as a primary language.

The largest populations of contemporary Maya inhabit Guatemala, Belize, and the western portions of Honduras and El Salvador, as well as large segments of population within the Mexican states of Yucatán, Campeche, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, and Chiapas.
en.wikipedia.org...

So you see.. these people may have no more claim to know anything at all about the ancient Myans than say the group of people calling themselves Myans from Tabasco.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Mayans demand an end to doomsday myth

www.abs-cbnnews.com

Guatemala's Mayan people accused the government and tour groups on Wednesday of perpetuating the myth that their calendar foresees the imminent end of the world for monetary gain.[...]

...Really.

It really depends on your definition of the word "world". the "world" ended for much of the population of this planet on 9/11 and 7/7. Meaning, the changes that those events precipitated have been paradigmatic. Thus the "kosmos" (greek for "world" that means more the cultural milieu than the physical existence) has ended. It also ended when Kennedy was shot. It also ended when Pol Pot was deposed, etc., etc.

The Mayans are not in a position to demand anything. Their remnant was allowed to remain in order to safeguard certain knowledge, and then disseminate it at the appropriate time. Otherwise they would have been completely eradicated. THEY are the pawns of fate, and not the masters of any. Just as I am a pawn of fate in my own way.

Jeez, some people get so fluffed up with themselves. (part of the reason the Mayan culture was demolished was the inordinate hubris).
edit on 26-10-2012 by seamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by smugmushroom
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I don't think anything will happen this year or the next to affirm the "mayan prophecy". However, there are people on far more money and with far more influence that are going nuts right now... the international seed bank has been sealed, there are numerous underground facilities being constructed...the governemtns of this world are going nuts, see the news lol.

Bring it on, so we can laugh, and they can hang their heads in shame for using all our money in a staged world economic disaster.....come on...you know its all staged.

well Fukushima is not staged and neither is the failing economy, or the end product of it anyway. the BP oil spill which continues to pour crude into the gulph is not staged, the plethora of radioactive waste which may rise up again in LA sink hole is not staged, the aging and failing 405 nuclear plants worldwide are not staged, the worldwide food shortage we will be seeing in a couple months is not staged, our heavily failing federal and state governments are not staged, i could go on if you like?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
So many memories though why dwell on the past?
Seems, u h, the right thing to say.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here. To all those people saying this means nothing/the Maya no longer exist can you please point to where the ancient Maya said anything would happen?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Renegade2283

I've done a lot of research on this topic and I've never come across another civilization that places an emphasis on 2012. I've come across plenty of sources claiming such things but none of them have ever been able to back the claims up when questioned. In regards to Hindu specifically, there is a small subset that makes claims regarding 2012. However, this group is Hindu in name only. It emerged in the second half of the 20th century and bears more resemblance to the New Age movement than anything else. None of their claims regarding 2012 are supported by Hindu scripture. In fact they had to create an entirely new Yuga just to get their date to lineup with 2012.

you should check into the Hopi prophecy's then, they speak quite clearly of a time when the twins begin to recede and they refer to the polar ice caps as the twins btw. they say when the twins leave their post is when the beginning into the end of the fourth cycle will take place and we begin to move into the fifth cycle.

i see you post a lot of negative responses to peoples thoughts and theory's but you never seem to see the writing on the wall, that must be difficult for you eh? you can't seem to see the forest for the trees so to speak and i'm not putting you down for it either. on the contrary i feel sad for you in that aspect.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by wildeyedjoker

Don't feel bad. They have coined it for decades because of these rumours, as have many others. That is why i have no sympathy that they are claiming to be offended nowadays. You aren't suddenly offended after milking it for decades are you?

Do some damn research. The mayan ancestors have always denied this bull# myth. It is only because of TV and brain dead westerners that this myth is what it is today.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Never meant to cause.....
Not sure what to say.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

i know many people who are confused about what to expect dec21 i will play some games with them dec21 eh eh

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Now why are they upset . They should be happy to be at the center of attention

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the only people on this site that see the big picture. Every time a false claim gets posted, as long as it tells a good story, it will be believed. This means that these false claims will get passed on, muddying the water, and getting us farther for the Truth. For example, the Hopi have come out and said that most of the prophecies attributed to them are not legitimate. However, this hasn't stopped people from writing entire books on them, people using them as evidence for their own pet theories, and for whatever reason using them as proof for 2012 theories even though no dates are ever mentioned in these "prophecies." This false information has then attributed to the pseudocult that are 2012 believers.

This isn't the only instance of this though. It happens in every conspiracy theory. Let's take ufology as an example. I'm willing to accept UFOs are a legitimate phenomenon but the second the ET hypothesis became accepted without 100% proof was the instant when we lost any chance of actually finding the truth. I am a legitimate truth seeker while it seems like most people on here are simply trying to confirm their own beliefs while ignoring any evidence that points to the contrary.

Now, I don't really want to throw this thread off topic. So if you're interested in my philosophy and approach regarding the topics we discuss on here I'll point you to a thread I made a while back,
Confessions of a "Paid Shill"

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join