It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans demand an end to doomsday myth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
While Mayans are correct to say nothing will happen, the controllers will use this date for an entirely different purpose and we are NOT GOING TO LIKE IT!
The propaganda about 12/21/12 is just that; PROPAGANDA with an agenda!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Damn these Mayan people!
They need better management.
What they should be saying is: If you want to survive the impending doom.
Please send a check or money order to ....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cultureboxes

oh look..another one...

off you go..

thanks for stopping by

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
On December 22nd this year, they'll get their "demand". Until then, they should enjoy having people discuss their insignificant backward culture.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Relax.
All my life people that I've trusted have lied to me.
My parents told stories about the easter bunny and santa claus. The churches told me of gods and demons.
It's nothing personal that I don't believe any of this.
Besides, the world will end one day. For me and you!
That's part of the ideal of being alive. One day we die.
Do we really need dates and times? Do we need to be negative and nasty about how it all ends?
It ends. Fight and die. Create and kill.
You know what I'm afraid of?
People like you - that are so afraid to die you will kill to survive.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Were the Maya the only peoples to have some significance associated with 2012?

Are there other people or cultures that tied something significant to 2012? Or is all that nonsense as well?

Like I had heard something about the Indian culture and 2012, or was that just sensationalism?

Btw, I am dead serious, I am only hoping someone can tell me what these rumors about 2012 with other cultures are about. So I can forget this whole business once and for all and convince all the 2012 believers to move on to more pressing matters. It is really starting to annoy.

Edit: Though if it wasnt for this whole 2012 stuff, I would have probably not have came across ATS for a while, and I am glad I found this place because my knowledge of the world has increased 10-fold since finding this site. Heck, just look at my join date.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
On December 22nd this year, they'll get their "demand". Until then, they should enjoy having people discuss their insignificant backward culture.

Those people had astronomy and advanced building techniques figured out when Americans were all still natives.
Our European ancestors were still beating each other with clubs.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I do not understand how they can know about a dead culture. I thought it was forgotten knowledge to them. Is it not like asking a modern day Briton.. What was stone henge used for..?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I was on the same boat as you. Lied too etc etc.

No i dont fear death.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Do we really need dates and times?

what do you think the new age is about?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
While reading this topic I was taken aback and saddened by the often angry dismissal of its message, and the at times outright denigration and insult to these people's culture. (Dead or otherwise.)

The fact remains that even if we cannot establish any sort of definitive or canonical connection between these individuals and the Classic Maya to whom the 2012 "prophecy" is attributed so readily, the inscriptions depicting the conclusion of this baktun do not denote apocalyptic or catastrophic events synonymous with "the end of the world." To the contrary, the most recent finds clearly indicated that the end of this baktun would solidify the perpetuation of the lineage of their kings.

content.usatoday.com...

As for other possible changes that are associated with the date... no one longs for a more harmonious, conscious, enlightened human species and world in ecological balance than I do. Believe me. But such has been predicted in association with countless other dates, countless other times before. I see no compelling reason to see this date as being of any greater significance than those preceding it. That said, anything is possible, and I would be absolutely delighted to find such reasons and for something to actually happen.

For the time being, I feel the work of making the world a better place for us to dwell is up to each of us, and may take many generations given the current state of affairs. So my suggestion is that we get to work on it.

Just my two cents. Peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
THESE ARE NOT THE REAL MAYANS. THE REAL MAYANS DIED OUT LONG AGO. THESE FAKE MAYANS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE PROPHECIES SPOKEN OF IN THE MAYAN CALENDER. THEY IN FACT ARE THE ONES EXPLOITING THE REAL MAYANS FOR FINANCIAL GAIN. IT MAKES ME SICK!
edit on 25-10-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Those people had astronomy and advanced building techniques figured out when Americans were all still natives.
Our European ancestors were still beating each other with clubs.

Yep...then they regressed back to the stone age. Pity, huh?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
they could just deal with it for another 2 months. then they will never hear about it again.

not saying its ok, but the mayan literally waited till the last second to complain...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I've done a lot of research on this topic and I've never come across another civilization that places an emphasis on 2012. I've come across plenty of sources claiming such things but none of them have ever been able to back the claims up when questioned. In regards to Hindu specifically, there is a small subset that makes claims regarding 2012. However, this group is Hindu in name only. It emerged in the second half of the 20th century and bears more resemblance to the New Age movement than anything else. None of their claims regarding 2012 are supported by Hindu scripture. In fact they had to create an entirely new Yuga just to get their date to lineup with 2012.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I guess I have mixed feelings on that matter. If the Mayans had such insight on the future, why couldn't they predict and avoid being subjugated in the 1500's? Then again I read this winter is suppose to be aligned with the center of the milky way which apparently happens every 26,000 years and could disrupt whatever energy typically streams to earth but the Sun aligns to that point yearly as well as Venus and Mercury but nothing catastrophic has happened from that. There has been a LOT of weird things this year with animal die offs, weather breaking history, sun waking up, economy etc. It's pretty naive for people to say nothing will happen though, your not prophetic and look at all these worlds around us, they have had to be living at one point, something happened. As it will with our world, we have been around a very long time. Live without fear and cherish life because one day it will be gone, maybe just in your eyes or maybe in all.
edit on 25-10-2012 by innervision0730 because: Changed live in fear to without

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrol

edit on 25-10-2012 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I see, well thank you for clearing that up. It was something I really wanted to investigate myself, however I didn't think it would pay off in the end so I dedicated my time to more important and substantial topics that had a lot more proof.

However, I will always remember the whole 2012 hysteria as the thing that really got me into to alternative news and topics. So in the end, 2012 will always be a significant time for me as it will represent the time when I really began to explore topics outside the box so to speak.

As one poster has said, there is something significant about 2012, and I believe that it has fostered the shift from mindless obedience to alternative thinking for many people today. I think it will in turn be the precursor to a long process of progress in the world.

Anyways, thanks again for clearing that up, star for you.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It is not really going to matter in a month or so from today is it?

Really, the Mayans are just bluffing.

They know the truth.....

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Has anyone told the Mayans they can just wait a couple more months??

LOL I thought they were the masters of precise calendar systems.
Quick, someone send them a facepalm picture of Picard. Please.

edit on 26-10-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join