It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awareness is appreciation of what is arising... (saying "Thank You" to all that arises)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Awareness is beyond thought. It is pure appreciation of what is arising without words, without thoughts. When we learn to align our thoughts and words with the pure appreciation which is already beyond all thoughts, words, and emotions, we can learn to appreciate Truth... to learn to appreciate Reality.

When your actions arise from your pure appreciation of the circumstances you are acting from your pure awareness (although ALL thoughts and emotions are appreciated within it since that is the nature of it).

So, if I figure out that something is not as I expected it to be (wanted it to be), I can say "thank you" anyway and if it feels "faked" then I can find actual REASONS of HOW that is actually benefiting me and WHY I should actually feel thankful.

If someone betrays me,
"Thank You" for staying true to yourself and letting me be aware what you truly want.

If someone is mean to me,
"Thank You" for telling me what is truly on your mind and being open to express it.

ALL experiences, even the ones that we "don't want" - can be used to our benefit or can help us learn so we are able to appreciate it and have more joy and openness in our lives.

Although, even if something other than joy and openness does arise, we can even appreciate that...

Thank you pain for giving a warning to my body and helping me to stay away from danger.

Thank you fear for giving me a warning of how this may affect me - I know you are only trying to help.

Thank you unappreciative attitude, for making me aware of how many opportunities I do not see but are there for me to take and appreciate...

People who appreciate lower their chances of heart attack and do better in school, they also are more likely to be happy.

I appreciate all of your responses, whatever they may be. Peace!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
We are all the sum of our experiences.

Don't listen to those who try to tell you otherwise.

But you ain't supposed to think like that.

They will tell you that you have a bad attitude,which really means you are not exploitable enough.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I appreciate you!

The awareness of pain and pleasusre, happiness and saddness are all pieces which make up the collective conscious of a persons identity i Am. To deny the bad parts of this identifty is ludicrous because its the parts of non negotiable real estate that we are built from. Once we identify the bad parts we can learn to manage them appropriately so as they do not become like pressure held in a volcanic vent, we can learn slow release. The slow release is done in unison with natural breathing cycle of world.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
We are all the sum of our experiences.

I have to slightly disagree. We are not the SUM of our experiences, we are the EXPERIENCER of our experiences. We EXPERIENCE thoughts, emotions, pain, suffering, joy, etc...

reply to post by AthlonSavage

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
To deny the bad parts of this identity is ludicrous because its the parts of non negotiable real estate that we are built from. Once we identify the bad parts we can learn to manage them appropriately so as they do not become like pressure held in a volcanic vent, we can learn slow release. The slow release is done in unison with natural breathing cycle of world.

Exactly, and we can appreciate the "bad" parts because it helps us learn, so ironically, even our bad parts, and even our lack of appreciation can be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Exactly, and we can appreciate the "bad" parts because it helps us learn, so ironically, even our bad parts, and even our lack of appreciation can be appreciated.

The is the mystery of the anomaly that is the universe we live in. Its duality. White hole , black hole, male and female and so on and so on. I am the devil and you are the angel and somehow it works perfectly in unison despite the puzzling nature of what is seemly complete conflict of forces in life.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

I have to slightly disagree. We are not the SUM of our experiences, we are the EXPERIENCER of our experiences. We EXPERIENCE thoughts, emotions, pain, suffering, joy, etc...

Sorry to jump in, but just wanted to say that I agree with what you say there.
If we start associating ourselves with the 'sum' of something, we inevitably create baggage.

We are the awareness of the experience, and that is liberating. Nothing to hold on to at all, and nowhere to go.
Nice thread OP

top topics

join