It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween ATS : 25 Creepiest Places On Earth!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by freedomSlave

Even if i hate Clinton
that must be photoshoped lol
it looks so real that i could be also wrong ahah

best horror picture of the month

Yeah it was from a photoshop contest . lol scared me a lil or disgusted me or maybe a little both

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Danver's, Massachusetts, State Asylum

I took interest in this asylum particularly because of the stories of mistreatment, the hauntings, and that my great grandmother was a nurse there-I want to collect and share stories from family of that experience, on a medical/historical note.

The video above to prior footage found on Youtube, as the location has been turned into an apartment complex. Tenants, as shared online, claim it is very haunted still.

Other information...

Danver's State Insane Asylum Laboratory Papers -Shares history of some patients, etc.

Inspirations...

The hospital was the inspiration for the Arkham Institution that H.P Lovecraft often wrote about (Pickman), which was, in turn, the inspiration for the Arkham Asylum from the Batman universe, which famously houses such classic rogues as The Joker and Killer Croc. Source- image above also from source

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Nice! That photo in your post looks like the place would make a great set piece for a Castlevania movie.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There's also Mary King's Close in Edinburgh, Scotland considered by many to be the most haunted street in the world.
Mary King's Close: Edinburgh's Most Haunted Street

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Seattle Underground, Seattle Washington
The Tour

While a tourist hot spot showing history of the city-which is underground now, it also can be quite creepy, some say quite haunted. It was shut down until the 60's due to the Plague. My tour, 32 feet down into the old Wild West, concluded with one of the first orb images I had taken that I couldn't debunk.

T.A.P.S. Investigates

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtrenthacker
reply to post by dreamingawake

Nice! That photo in your post looks like the place would make a great set piece for a Castlevania movie.

Yes, it's dark factor is probably why it inspired Lovecraft. Too bad for the demolishing!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

I live close to Waverly Hills and have been there twice. It is indeed a very creepy place. I felt things...didnt see anything but on several occasions felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up and got goose bumps.

I like the history behind waverly Hills. TB Hospital, thousands died there, including children.

THere is a story at WH about a child name Timmy who likes to play ball with the tourists. He didnt want to play when I was there and I am very glad.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
19 - Staten Island Tugboat Graveyard

Just north of Rossville on Staten Island, New York, you’ll find the final resting place of hundreds of tugboats, ferries, and barges, most of which are century old remnants of a time when New York Harbor was still alive and kicking

Thanks for a great, very interesting thread, & especially for the video of the Boatyard in Staten Island, NY.

A couple of years ago I found a photo essay by a photographer named Shaun O'Boyle, done at that place, & have been haunted by the images ever since.

I found the photos of the place to be deeply disturbing somehow, but have returned to look again a few times over the years.

Definitely one of the creepiest places I've ever seen!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

The photo of the hull door that you posted.. I would love to have that door (or one similar) in my house..

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I find the Church of bones the most scary

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arabiantheorist
reply to post by Ben81

I find the Church of bones the most scary

I find it to be the less scary in the list

but thats a matter of opinion lol

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i would rather live in 2:00 if i had a choice on where id have to stay for the rest of my life

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i think i have solve this one

This town in Southern Brazil holds an interesting distinction – it is the twin capital of the world. In fact, it’s twin birth rate is 18 times higher than the world average. Why? Well according to the locals it was after chief Nazi physician Mengele, who fled to the village after World War II, that the births started happening. Oddly enough Mengele was known to have a strange fascination with twins. Modern scientists, however, propose that it is most likely due to toxic waste or inbreeding. Either way, it’s pretty creepy

but people need to watch "The Recreator" movie first

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Soon, it will be time for you to post a Thanksgiving-related thread. Just a suggestion, considering you were thoughtful enough grace Halloween with your attentions...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join