It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please interpret my dream-give your opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hi everybody this is my first thread here and I'd like to hear anyones opinion or thoughts about a dream I had that has allways stuck to my mind like a metaphorical sticky note, it seems that whenever I turn there it is telling me something but I can't figure out what. We all have memories and most people tend to weed out the ones that don't seem to have any relevance and stick with whats expedient or attractive to that particular idea or meme. But some memories become more than themselves nd take on a higher relationship in relation to who we are and what we represent as to our physical and spiritual house. This is when memories become meaning. This dream is one such memory. So in the dream I am standing at the bottom of one end of a gigantic concrete structure. It looks somewhat like a giant swimming pool or a hydroelectric dam. It is at least 2klm long 500mtrs wide and 500mtrs high, it is very old and has no water in it. there are greenish stains of mold and some kind of small lichen growth. At the far end of this dam I guess, I can see that it comes to a stop and turns to the left and goes out of my sight like an L shape I suppose. Anyway i am standing there and its completely quiet and sort of lonely feeling when I suddenly hear a very sharp horn in the distance but actually more like a trumpet. And I suddenly feel foreboding as I know, here comes the water in a flood. So thats the dream, its not very complicated I know but I had this dream when I was about 4yrs old and I can never forget it it just seems to be telling me something but I cant self analyse it. So pls give me some ideas or thoughts if you have any exp in dream interpretation.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It looks like you are subconsciously preparing for a big event. Possibly you are approaching an emotional crossroad or expecting something that has life changing effect in you.

My 2 cents

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
lack of water might mean lack of emotion and perhaps you need to have a big cry?

water is generally associated with emotions and the get ready for the flood, might suggest you are about to have a well overdue emotional reaction?

edit on 25/10/2012 by Thurisaz because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

Explanation: S&F!

Ok now! ... So, you were 4yrs old at the time ... is there any real world memories of that same time frame that you can also remember?

If yes, then can you please detail those real world memories for us?

The reason I ask is that dreams are ways of compartmentalizing stuff that happened in the real world at that juncture in time.

Personal Disclosure: May I suggest you get into your 4yr old mindset to view this issue with ... since viewing it from, what I am assuming is, at least a decade onwards in time, probably means that your current mindset is so far removed from what it was back then .. that your current point of view, most likely will not be a helpful guide to you ok.

Looking forward to helping you get some credible answers to your deep and profound dream analysis question.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
did it happen to look anything like this?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

How about the dam is representing the door to a castle? The dam's massive size represents how difficult it would be to get through the castle's door. The "L-shape" represents the knight in a game of chess. The imminent threat of a flood represents the tears of the princess you had hoped to rescue.
So maybe your dream is a princess and the knight/damsel in distress story, representing failure.

edit on 25-10-2012 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
When you were 4 years old, you were yearning for more independence than you were really ready for. The dream was showing you the danger of going it alone. That the unknown (what you couldn't see when the concrete took a turn in the distance) could bring danger that you would not be unable to withstand alone.

The dream was your soul's attempt to temper your desire for independence with a bit of reality of the dangers you could face if you stood alone in this world.

That's my take!
edit on 10/25/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
lack of water might mean lack of emotion and perhaps you need to have a big cry?

water is generally associated with emotions and the get ready for the flood, might suggest you are about to have a well overdue emotional reaction?

I thought water was spirit? but you may be right thnx

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
did it happen to look anything like this?

Oh man you got it it was exactly like that , its incredible props to you, i wonder what it all means because I've never seen that picture or dam. It was proportionally a bit larger but the picture is spot on and in the dream I was at the pictures vantage point but on the bottom of it. I have thought that I may have drowned in a past life because when the water seemed to be coming it felt very ominous. i do have a phobia of deep water. If I could give you ten stars for that I would. Star coming
edit on 25-10-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Omega I can't think of anything that would be of relevance I was kind of a happy child I guess, the hard times for me personally came a bit later. I can't think of anything that would be of relevance.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Those are the locks on the Panama Canal I think they're the largest in the world but I'm not sure I don't know if this picture captures their full length. Also I was looking at the layout of the canal and I think from a certain direction (I believe going from the Atlantic towards the Pacific) it might when drained give the visual impression of an L shaped bend. They are planning on making these locks longer in the near future so I wouldn't recommend visiting Panama during the construction phase.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

Its how you died in your last life.. It is your last memory..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
Those are the locks on the Panama Canal I think they're the largest in the world but I'm not sure I don't know if this picture captures their full length. Also I was looking at the layout of the canal and I think from a certain direction (I believe going from the Atlantic towards the Pacific) it might when drained give the visual impression of an L shaped bend. They are planning on making these locks longer in the near future so I wouldn't recommend visiting Panama during the construction phase.

I'm going to do some research on the panama canal when it was built and so on. Even down to the water stains on the side and if I remember the dream right also the holes at the top, its very very close.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

Dear Bilky,

I have to agree with hollwd in that my first reaction to your dream was that you had been there. And, being there was an overwhelming experience.

Blessings,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I don't know if this IS the given but speaking from experience now..... My first dream I remember... well actually I had a couple, they started when I was 2 or 3...(yes I remember them still I'm soon to be 45) In which order I'm not sure but as follows.

A scene of three people in white clothing, one of which wearing a strapped on mirror with a hole in the centre on his head with face masks..... A sensation of falling and tunnel vision and the three people in the scene getting smaller and smaller until finally, "PING" the tiniest dot vanishes... Then I woke up usually in a strange fit, something I suffered with until I was in my teens... It was like being stuck in a fish bowl and an extreme feeling of being trapped.

The second one was of looking out of a large window made of tiny panes of glass and outside were georgian houses, all white and black beamed with the same tiny paned windows in it.

For some reason they are permanently forged into my memory.... I'm dyslexic so memory isn't my strong suit and yet certain dreams I've mentioned here and in the past to others are welded into my memory.
As to what these mean and to your own Dream I'm inclined to think it is a memory of your past life experience as your then 4 year old mind would not of understood the concept of a dam or canal.... to put it simply, it's like being in the scenario 1st person... a short movie from your perspective... In essence a leak from the past.

A 4yr olds mind would not be equipped to denote emotions with technical structures and events.. Anyone who says differently has not thought out the details... You were 4

edit on 28-10-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

Interesting dream OP! S&F

The posters above me have already supplied the needed interpretation,

I would like to ask if this was a reoccurring dream you had at this age. I ask because at the age of four, I had a series of dreams revolving around something similar, I'll let you connect the dots into your dream at that age.

The first dream I can ever remember having is "stuck" in my mind, it lasted 4 days. I will try to keep it short and sweet.

In this series of dreams I encountered "giants" for lack of a better word. Although they were "scary" looking to me, they were very loving and playful beings, I would go to sleep hoping to get to see them again.

During the last dream I had a hint my visits with these beings were coming to an end, I remember feeling sad our time together had came to an end. I found out two years ago this dream has happened to "others" ~ family members at the same age.

It makes me think of the many floods presented in religious text in a new light,
edit on 28-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
I don't know if this IS the given but speaking from experience now..... My first dream I remember... well actually I had a couple, they started when I was 2 or 3...(yes I remember them still I'm soon to be 45) In which order I'm not sure but as follows.

A scene of three people in white clothing, one of which wearing a strapped on mirror with a hole in the centre on his head with face masks..... A sensation of falling and tunnel vision and the three people in the scene getting smaller and smaller until finally, "PING" the tiniest dot vanishes... Then I woke up usually in a strange fit, something I suffered with until I was in my teens... It was like being stuck in a fish bowl and an extreme feeling of being trapped.

The second one was of looking out of a large window made of tiny panes of glass and outside were georgian houses, all white and black beamed with the same tiny paned windows in it.

For some reason they are permanently forged into my memory.... I'm dyslexic so memory isn't my strong suit and yet certain dreams I've mentioned here and in the past to others are welded into my memory.
As to what these mean and to your own Dream I'm inclined to think it is a memory of your past life experience as your then 4 year old mind would not of understood the concept of a dam or canal.... to put it simply, it's like being in the scenario 1st person... a short movie from your perspective... In essence a leak from the past.

A 4yr olds mind would not be equipped to denote emotions with technical structures and events.. Anyone who says differently has not thought out the details... You were 4

edit on 28-10-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

The first dream of yours sounds like a memory of birth. I can imagine that coming through the birth canal would have to be a traumatic experience if remembered, and I have heard somewhere that if we could remember our birth then it would be almost immpossible to deal with the stress of it mentally. Conversly it could also be a memory of dying at birth, I'd like to know what you interpret it to mean. i do feel that my dream involving the dam was a past life memory of me somehow dying by drowning. I have always had a dual fascination and terror of dam type constructions that resemble that picture of the Panama Canal. I took up scuba diving a few years ago and after I had completed my first deep ocean dive I had a dream where I was trapped out in the open ocean while a huge tidal wave swept towards me. once I stopped fighting the urge to get away from the wave in the dream a crazy laughter came over me and a sense of relief flooded my body. I had finally overcome the fear and trauma that my past life death had over me. I felt liberated from then on and the sense was that even though I had died in a past life, I now had a healthy respect for the danger that large bodies of water can bring but the fear did not own me. Somehow that was a great personal victory for me. I get the feeling when you talk about the house with the georgian windows that it has a nostalgia to it. It makes sense to me that if we live many lives then the memories of our greatest difficulties or places we felt the most desire to return to would come through to this life.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
reply to post by Bilky

Interesting dream OP! S&F

The posters above me have already supplied the needed interpretation,

I would like to ask if this was a reoccurring dream you had at this age. I ask because at the age of four, I had a series of dreams revolving around something similar, I'll let you connect the dots into your dream at that age.

The first dream I can ever remember having is "stuck" in my mind, it lasted 4 days. I will try to keep it short and sweet.

In this series of dreams I encountered "giants" for lack of a better word. Although they were "scary" looking to me, they were very loving and playful beings, I would go to sleep hoping to get to see them again.

During the last dream I had a hint my visits with these beings were coming to an end, I remember feeling sad our time together had came to an end. I found out two years ago this dream has happened to "others" ~ family members at the same age.

It makes me think of the many floods presented in religious text in a new light,
edit on 28-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

I will try to find for you a story I read some time ago about some one who claimed that when he was about four he was transported [astrally I guess] to a realm where giants welcomed him and he lived with them for some years before being sent back to his body at exactly the same time he left it, akin to some types of abductions we hear about. They taught him their language and skills one of which was singing which seemed to form part of a central science for them. Apparently they were very friendly and treated him as one of their own. Some people dismiss these tales as just stories but as a long time student of folklore I have found that a lot of them share central themes and ideas. How tall were they, and did you notice whether they had two rows of teeth? Have you ever seen the photo online of the irish petrified giant photographed propped against a railroad car and its head reaching above it? Its about twelve foot tall maybe you will see some resemblance.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

I was born in my front room.....left for dead with the umbilical cord around my neck by the home visiting Doctor... The Midwife stepped in and save me.... Midwives are truly wonderful in my book.
How do I interpret it thus.... I wasn't born in hospital and the only people in the room were my mum
goes without saying.. the low life scum Doctor and the Fantastic Midwife. Don't worry It hasn't affected my oppinion of Doctors in general
.. So it's a past life memory as are many of my early dreams... For instance another one I had around the age of 4 or 5 about being in a platoon of scout or expoditionary soldiers trying to destroy Alien Canibalistic Disection machinery on a planet with a black looking sea... it ended badly, something about going deeper into the facility instead of sticking to the mission. Like I said not something you'd expect from a 4 year old mind. I firmly believe they are memories of past lives where ever they may have been.
edit on 2-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

My take is that you're in a position to stop something bad from happening.

top topics

join