A prayer I wanted to share with you all.

page: 1
5

log in

join

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I hope it is not seen to be in poor conscience that I offer this prayer to God and share it with my brothers and sisters. Believers, I would ask that you take this prayer to heart. Non-believers can look at it to see a glimpse of the things I care enough to pray for.

My Lord everlasting, I pray to you that I might have the strength to accompany my brothers and sisters in Spirit through these times which can be most trying of our faith. I hope that you will allow us the strength in you to persevere over all challenges this world can bring before us. The love you have given us we freely share with the world regardless of nation or tongue, creed or sexual preference, for that is the light that you have shown us. Be our eternal lighthouse, shining always in the deep and murky fog, that we might always know the way to you. Forgive the transgressions of us, the weak-hearted, and let us all be washed in the blood of the Lamb, and let our trust in you be the light that guides us away from our sinful nature. Please let only the thoughts of love enter our minds, for we know these come only from you and your Spirit. If we should think of anything that is not love and is born of spite, anger, or hatred, forgive us and take these thoughts from us, as we know these come not from you. Please open the hearts of all people that love might flow freely in this dark and desolate looking world. We know that these and all things will be done according to your will, and in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.




posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I may not share your beliefs but I will give an amen to this part:



Please open the hearts of all people that love might flow freely in this dark and desolate looking world.


Peace



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Funny thing is you basically got me to pray, haven't had a decent prayer since I stopped going to Church 5-6 years ago. Great prayer, very profound.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I don't eat meat and certainly do not want to be bathed in the blood of anything let alone an innocent lamb. Apart from that as long as a person gives sincerely when they share prayers of hope and love and unity of people - then more power to you.

You are to be commended for your efforts - living in a global society where many make no effort at all. Good for you.

Much Peace...



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Dearest Lord,Oh All seeing and Caring Lord,My cup overfloweth with Quandries.For all the dead and maimed by futile wars,Where were you?For all the starving children baking in the stinking heat of the third world,Where are you?For all the sexually abused infants defiled by your priests,What were you thinking.Oh omnipresent one, you seemed to have missed one or two things.When will you save us?Or are you simply a figment of our weak and helpless imaginations?Give me a sign oh wonderous one...Anything really.......Good night maryellen, Goodnight Jimbob.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
I hope it is not seen to be in poor conscience that I offer this prayer to God and share it with my brothers and sisters. Believers, I would ask that you take this prayer to heart. Non-believers can look at it to see a glimpse of the things I care enough to pray for.

My Lord everlasting, I pray to you that I might have the strength to accompany my brothers and sisters in Spirit through these times which can be most trying of our faith. I hope that you will allow us the strength in you to persevere over all challenges this world can bring before us. The love you have given us we freely share with the world regardless of nation or tongue, creed or sexual preference, for that is the light that you have shown us. Be our eternal lighthouse, shining always in the deep and murky fog, that we might always know the way to you. Forgive the transgressions of us, the weak-hearted, and let us all be washed in the blood of the Lamb, and let our trust in you be the light that guides us away from our sinful nature. Please let only the thoughts of love enter our minds, for we know these come only from you and your Spirit. If we should think of anything that is not love and is born of spite, anger, or hatred, forgive us and take these thoughts from us, as we know these come not from you. Please open the hearts of all people that love might flow freely in this dark and desolate looking world. We know that these and all things will be done according to your will, and in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.


Amen.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix
 


Ah, the sounds of the spirit of doubt are like the song of the siren, calling weak men to their damnation by its haunting melody. What you have described are the works of men, not God. I too feel compassion for all of those who are suffering at the hands of others, crying for mercy only to have their prayers seemingly ignored. But the prayers are not ignored, for God shows mercy to all those that ask of him. Men, however, do not always show such grace. Blame not God for not changing the hearts of these men, for he would if they would let Him. And if they didn't have to let him, he would change your heart without your permission. And that is not the will of God.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Funny thing is you basically got me to pray, haven't had a decent prayer since I stopped going to Church 5-6 years ago. Great prayer, very profound.


Remember that the temple of God is not a building with a foundation on this earth, but is the temple of ourselves with a foundation in Truth and Love. Clearly, God's voice has never left your temple, even being separated from the religion built on his name. Take care of His temple and keep it always holy, that God may always speak through you and hold true His promise of eternal life. Stay strong, beloved of Christ. Be a shepherd, guide the lost in this life, and God will reward you with his blessings in this life and the next.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Interesting...
Well thank you for sharing your thoughts.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
Dearest Lord,Oh All seeing and Caring Lord,My cup overfloweth with Quandries.For all the dead and maimed by futile wars,Where were you?For all the starving children baking in the stinking heat of the third world,Where are you?For all the sexually abused infants defiled by your priests,What were you thinking.Oh omnipresent one, you seemed to have missed one or two things.When will you save us?Or are you simply a figment of our weak and helpless imaginations?Give me a sign oh wonderous one...Anything really.......Good night maryellen, Goodnight Jimbob.

Pretty sad, pretty low and pathetic given the sincerity of the OP's prayer.



posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


There is no need to cast judgement. Elvis Hendrix is not pathetic, he is just wise to the sufferings of man. What he sees in them overpowers any belief in God, for he cannot see God's compassion. That we are all given a chance to live, God's most precious gift of Life to him holds no meaning, for he sees the wickedness of man's deeds and weeps for the tormented victims, and asks "Can any God suffer this and consider himself Holy? This despicable thing He hath wrought, I shall suffer not him, even denying His name into my very death."

I say to you, NewAgeMan, this man even without his knowing is filled with God's Spirit, as was given to us at the creation of the world. It is in this way that God has offered redemption to all men throughout all time, without need for labels such as Christian and Muslim. That even those which deny the name of the Holy Spirit are still moved and swayed by it.



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch
 


To this I can say Amen,

May the LORD bless you and your entire family, now and forevermore unto everlasting,

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

Amen



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


There is no need to cast judgement. Elvis Hendrix is not pathetic, he is just wise to the sufferings of man. What he sees in them overpowers any belief in God, for he cannot see God's compassion. That we are all given a chance to live, God's most precious gift of Life to him holds no meaning, for he sees the wickedness of man's deeds and weeps for the tormented victims, and asks "Can any God suffer this and consider himself Holy? This despicable thing He hath wrought, I shall suffer not him, even denying His name into my very death."

I say to you, NewAgeMan, this man even without his knowing is filled with God's Spirit, as was given to us at the creation of the world. It is in this way that God has offered redemption to all men throughout all time, without need for labels such as Christian and Muslim. That even those which deny the name of the Holy Spirit are still moved and swayed by it.


I was waiting to see something around these lines. Blessing your "enemies" is something I would like to emphasize more and more, both for others and myself. People of the faith care too much for each other, although this is not a bad but great thing, I will let Father take of care of that. But, if something is on my mind pertaining people of the faith, I will not hesitate to ask and talk to Father about it.

And, sorry to derail this thread, but why does everyone's prayer end with something along the lines of:
"... in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

I have been taught this ever since I can remember, and now I finally wonder WHY modern Christian prayers ended in this fashion.
edit on 27-10-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas
 


I usually only end prayers like that to demonstrate faith. After all, when I pray, I am speaking directly to the most high God. If I am praying by myself I usually don't end my prayers that way, unless God specifically asks me to, but again, it is to demonstrate faith. Sometimes I even need to remind myself that I believe in Christ, because if anybody says it's easy to be Christian, they're doing it wrong.



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch
 


Thank God for you and thank the Lord for that most Holy prayer!

Folks, members of ATS, lurkers / outsiders and readers,

I want you all to know,

The words of the Prayer that this man just posted in this thread,

They did not come from him,

They came directly from God Almighty Himself.

Anytime a person proclaims a message that is completely and utterly 100% in line with the Word of God (which is the Logos, Christ Jesus, and the Most Holy Bible), they are Preaching Infallibly, they are delivering a message that did not originate with man, but from the Spirit of the Creator of Man.

All who read the words this man wrote, know that a prophet has spoken in the Spirit of your Maker.

I pray all who read this mans messages and mine will discern Whos voice and Whos spirit is controlling and speaking through us.....

As long as it truly is that Most Holy Spirit, and not our own weak spirit, or worse, the spirit of the world of the powers of the world



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix
 


He will be what He will be and you should not speak to your Master and Maker in such a tone,

It's really not healthy....

Point your bitterness at the wretched men who commited such atrocities, not the One who offers Hope and Redemption and Eternal Life to all who come to Him

Also, if you take away the sarcastic tone of your prayer, and drop to your knees in humility, maybe, just maybe, the God you don't believe in, the God who breaths His breath into you and blesses you day after day, WILL reveal Himself to you.....

He is very able to reveal Himself to whomever He so pleases,,,

It's not a question of if He's able, or if He exists, it's a question of if He's willing and are you seeking?



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix
 


He will be what He will be and you should not speak to your Master and Maker in such a tone,

It's really not healthy....

Point your bitterness at the wretched men who commited such atrocities, not the One who offers Hope and Redemption and Eternal Life to all who come to Him

Also, if you take away the sarcastic tone of your prayer, and drop to your knees in humility, maybe, just maybe, the God you don't believe in, the God who breaths His breath into you and blesses you day after day, WILL reveal Himself to you.....

He is very able to reveal Himself to whomever He so pleases,,,

It's not a question of if He's able, or if He exists, it's a question of if He's willing and are you seeking?


I hope I am not the only one who sees how much love it takes to write a post like this. The Good Shepherd knows when to be stern with His flock.



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch
 


They don't call Him the Good Shepherd for no reason!

He Truly is just that Good!

Words can't describe the coursing Love and Security His Spirit brings unto our souls once we put ourselves under the MIGHTY HAND of the One who says "I AM!"

God bless you and your family,

And the Lord bless all eyes who happen upon this thread and this post,

In Jesus Mighty, Holy, Righteous Name do we Pray and give Thanks, Glory and Honor,

Amen





new topics
top topics
 
5

log in

join