It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[[[[~Superhuman Reality - Predicting the Future~]]]]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I do this all the time. I will be listening to the radio, and I start singing the next song before it is on. It always amazes my daughter and wife.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
The article explains how subjects where analyzed before and after receiving a completely random stimuli. Results showed that things like blood pressure, brain waves, and electrical measurements in the skin where noted to have significantly changed 10 to 2 seconds prior to the event.

Yeah I've known about this for a long time. Made me depressed for a long time.

I always thought "Isn't that basically fate?" Our brain is telling our body to move or prepare to move at the correct time to whatever event it is regardless of whether we consciously want to.

It's like you telling me to "Get out of the way!" and my subconscious already sending electrical signals to my mouth, preparing the muscles to move and talk and repeat the words "Oh Noes!" 7 seconds later when I consciously see and then diving out of the way of a run away car of some lady who forgot to put the parking brake on.

I thought well if our subconscious knows the future, and acts on it before our conscious thoughts, then how is it not controlling every aspect of my life, and not my conscious self?

It's like your subconscious knowing 7 seconds earlier that you do the conversation you're going to be having with someone, know what they're going to say, and thus prepares your muscles to move and continue conversing back with a snippy comment before you've consciously even heard a word being said.

Where do our conscious thoughts come from? and why do they matter if our subconscious is seeing the future and changing our physiological state a full 7 seconds in advance.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Although the situation has never occurred with me that I can recall, I know people who can claim the same. From minor things like knowing that someone is coming and they must stop whatever it is they are doing, to actually feeling something before an accident or in some form of premonition.

I am sure as technology advances and we do more studies we will learn more about this so called "super human" power. It might be something as simple as just acute awareness that does not manifest on a conscious level to electromagnetic impulses (and intent) actually traveling faster than our sense and giving us the "inside knowledge".

Who knows, I am no scientist but it is studies like this that make me wish to be one.

<< 1  2   >>

join