It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official, I'm addicted to Alternative News.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
First off Thank you TAN for supplying us with such great news sources and websites, Second, I would like to officially introduce myself, My name is Ian I have been coming to ATS since 2005, When i very first started getting into the whole 9/11 thing, I was only 15 years old and very confused on what our government was and what my purpose even was in this Universe. I stumbled upon this site looking for a solid 9/11 Truth source, i found many things i liked and agreed with and many things I did not. From there on i became more and more interested in Aliens, started going deeper into A51 and Groom lake, extending my research into further secret government projects,reading deeper and deeper into what lies i had been fed when i was younger. Thinking i was completely out of my mind i realized that im not alone ( Universal or Earthly ) that other interested minds like mine were right here, that this could be a place for me to Vent, Explore and Share my visions and thoughts with other like-minded Humans. Since then i have a Bachelors Degree in Anthropology, Early European History and Astronomy, working for my PhD in Ancient Civilizations currently, with much research on this site, books outside sources colleagues and professors I finally feel like i can become a Member of ATS and help become a regular contributor. So thank you all for encouraging me to continue with my dreams and continue to spread the knowledge, and deny ignorance. I look forward to actually replying, creating and responding to all of you Long time members i have been following and reading for the last 6 years( Not in a creepy way lol )

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iclark97

Nice introduction. Welcome to ATS...you now belong to us.....

I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you Des, I really look forward to bringing some of my research here to ATS, and help Contribute!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
heya fella, welcome onboard

neo- why does my brain hurt?
morpheus-because you are using it for the first time.

kinda of sums up what i think about alternative news

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

You couldn't be any more precise. Thanks for the welcome

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Just because it's alternative doesn't mean it's true. Never forget, everyone and everything has an agenda. Keep an open mind, but not so open your gray matter flops out on the floor. It's very hard to jam that stuff back in once it falls out. Welcome to the circus side show

I used to live across the river in Missouri. We used to go to Pop's in Sauget, IL and stumble out of that place at 10 or 11 in the morning.. I could tell you some wild ass stories about our adventures there.
edit on 25-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: added short story

edit on 25-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Welcome....

One thing I've learned is to make sure you have sources to back up any claim that you may make, depending on the subject that is.
Even then, they'll be those that don't see it the way you might. [Politics is a prime example.] LOL...

And don't let them bait you... if you disagree, be nice about it. The Mods don't tolerate nastiness, which is good.

But yeah, this is a great place to pick up knowledge and add your opinion on topics.

Enjoy & good luck~~~
snarky

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

You mean theres other sources of news besides "alternative"?

Like others have already said, one has to consider the sources regardless of the media outlet.

One of the biggest differences in my opinion is the "spin" or perspective with regards to the same event.

For example, when the lamestream media "reports" on Iran, its done with an incredible bias. They will never mention that Iran's government has been overthrown by the West, that Iran has signed the non-proliferation treaty, that Iran has never initiated an attack outside its borders etc.

Its always done with the underlying theme that Iran is "evil, crazy and wants a nuclear weapon".

Can you imagine that a country running out of its only natural resource (oil) might want an alternative source of energy? Theyre insane!

edit on 25-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thank you all for your welcomes, Maybe the Title is a bit misleading, By Alternative News i meant, Well Actually kind of just that. Different news that is not MSM, Different news that if I were to walk into a local grocery store and say " How do you feel about the US drone that watched the last hour of the Libya attack" they would be like " get out of here kid " I feel as if so many people are so closed minded that they just are fed the first lies that they see, instead of questioning it, actually doing some research and discovering what is really going on out there. I don't want to be one of the masses that is ignorant, thats why i posted the title " I'm addicted" because for the last i'd say 3 years there hasn't been a day that I have not gotten on ATS to read whats going on that of course the MSM wouldn't dare report on because it would be preposterous, Unbelievable!

Now, with that being said it makes it harder on me with my Girlfriend because she comes from a very Christian closed minded family, BUT! slowly but surely she is understanding the truth, even asks when i'm on ATS " What's Going on in the real world today" So I mean, thats why i'm addicted, Although some not true and highly speculative this is still the best source to find all of your Alternative News, Once again I plan on seeing all of you in the forums!

top topics

join