It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winds Of Change are Blowing Hard! Hold On Tight!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I have been a follower of this site for a year. It seems that there has been a gravitational pull towards the negative side of topics. I for one believe, there are no right or wrong answers, everything is subjective to interpretations of those that post and those that read the posts and those that respond to the posts. I would like to see more encouragement than ridicule. I am certain that those that post want to be validated for their statements, not put down for whatever opinion they chose to share. For instance, I am sure I will get some very negative responses to my post, even though, I would accept those for what the are. I will not take it personally if someone chooses to trash me, rather I will take it with a grain of salt whenever I post this or anything else, that certain people are just mean spirited individuals that feel better about themselves when they put others down.

The attitude is not going to change by itself, it will take a collective effort on all of our parts to create an environment that is not hostile in nature. We have many serious problems to deal with that are man-made in their existence. We will have natural disasters that need the cooperation of all to move forward without needing to create man-made ( disasters ) that get in the way needlessly.

The winds of change are blowing and we have to understand that the energy that surrounds us is changing drastically. I believe there will be a cleansing of this planet that we cannot stop. We can only prepare ourselves spiritually for what we are about to go through. We have not begun to understand the enormity of these changes, but they are happening right now. It is possible our Sun is already crossing the galactic plane of the Milky Way galaxy and that the planets around us are connected to us with electromagnetic energy. This could affect us whether we want it to or not. It is, also, the energy of planet Earth will feel the effects of this stronger and stronger as each day comes to pass. We as a civilization are not old enough to remember what happened 26,000 years ago, we can barely remember what happened 5000 years ago, but as souls we have been where we are right now, there are those of us that understand and those of us that have no clue.

I am not a fear monger that is preaching the " end of days ", rather I am a soul that wishes to enlighten you to these changes. I live my life here one day at a time and nothing I do will change these energy fluctuations, so I do my part to " alert " those around me and any of those that chose to read this thread. Live your life the best you can, treat others with kindness every day, do not be so shallow to believe you are more important than the homeless person on the corner. Your possessions mean absolutely nothing, you own nothing. You only borrow it temporarily. You inhabit this human condition only as a vessel for learning lessons that your soul will take with it when it ascends to its next destination. I am of the opinion energy does not die it is recycled, it can be displaced and replaced, but it does not DIE. Where it goes is up to you though. There is a vibrational level we all reach that itself, fluctuates along with the energy surrounding us. The higher the vibration the more at peace you are with yourself. You can be petty, greedy, vain and any other negative, but you will not be at peace with yourself.

As long as we live on a planet where we kill in the name of GOD ( gold, oil, and diamonds ) and children are forced to live in hunger we will be forced to learn this lesson over and over. How can money be so important? Ask yourself, when you were born what did you have? Your soul and free will to make choices that affect your soul. When your praying in church, synagogue or the mosque and down the street there are people starving to death because they cannot take care of themselves are you really certain your GOD is listening to you? You have free will to decide what is truly important. I am grateful for the things I am allowed to possess, but I am not bound by them, they do not define me, because I chose not to let them. We were given technological advances and we have not utilized them to the best of our abilities. We have allowed ourselves as a society to be brainwashed into believing material things are important, when in fact they are not. Earth has been inhabited many times by different species and they have all failed to learn this lesson.

I read a story the other day about children given a choice, whoever makes it to the tree where the fruit is is allowed to eat it all, they held hands and ran together, and shared. That is a valuable lesson that the wealthiest people on this planet will never get.

Oh give to charity? Really? As long as you get a tax deduction, right? Lets build new highrises and mansions and sweep the homeless off the street. Lets allow houses be foreclosed and banks vault money while children starve to death. Does this really sound like a world you want to live in? I know I don't. When there are natural disasters, does mother nature discriminate? Then why should we? Go to bed tonight, dream about that new car, wake up in 20 feet a water and see how quickly you change your view of life.

There is a greater energy than we can possibly imagine. Do the math, look at the sky during the day, do you see stars or one star? We all see the SUN right? That doesn't mean there are not more stars, right? How many solar systems in our galaxy? You think we are the only one? How many galaxies? How many stars? How many planets? How many universes? So, you see Earth is hardly the center of the universe. What makes you think you are more important than the fish in the sea? We have a greater responsibility than just putting food on our tables, clothes on our backs and gas in our cars. We have a responsibility to each other to do the best we can to help each other. By Making free will choices that do not have negative consequences, like getting drunk and killing a family of four, having a war over land that should be shared or killing in the name of religion. When it comes right down to it, we all have the same rights as others, regardless of the man-made monetary systems that are destroying us. One world order, new world order? We were all born with the same rights and there should only be one way for us to exist, share every thing.....land, food, water and no monetary system needed. Abolish all weapons? I wish, but that will not stop others from killing. Only free will will make that possible.

Thank you for reading this and I will respond to anyone kind enough to post, regardless of whether or not you call me wind bag or not.

Sincerely,

Ascension 211

P.S. I could have posted this in several places probably. I chose this forum because I wanted to reach as many people as I could. MOD if you feel the need to move it to another forum, you have my deepest understanding.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

you have not seen this site two years ago, doom and gloom non-stop.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Makes a lot of sense. I think I can relate to almost all the aspects there.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Are you implying my thread is doom and gloom?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

no, you said, you got the feeling, ats and the threads are becoming more and more negative. my argument was, ats often gives the impressions, that the world is going to hell.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Whether or not this was happening prior to me being here or not, is not the issue.

It seems that there has been a gravitational pull towards the negative side of topics. I for one believe, there are no right or wrong answers, everything is subjective to interpretations of those that post and those that read the posts and those that respond to the posts. I would like to see more encouragement than ridicule. I am certain that those that post want to be validated for their statements, not put down for whatever opinion they chose to share. For instance, I am sure I will get some very negative responses to my post, even though, I would accept those for what the are. I will not take it personally if someone chooses to trash me, rather I will take it with a grain of salt whenever I post this or anything else, that certain people are just mean spirited individuals that feel better about themselves when they put others down.
reply to post by icepack

I do understand this may be the case and I simply wish it to not be this way. I am not naive enough to think it will change, only that I do not see it as being constructive. Thank you for your reply. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Beautifully written and right on point, thank you!

The sooner we all learn this the better off we are going to be. i sit anxiosuly awaiting the day and doing all the little things i can to make this world We Share a better place.

Much Love my friends!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by icepack

Are you implying my thread is doom and gloom?

Nâh. I guess he means that it has been far worse as far as the "end of days, doom&gloom" threads go. 2012 was not yet a close reality, so speculation about terribleness ran rampant. (I've been a lurker since about 2009, so i have seen all "seasons" here)

Your post illustrates why i like new-agers, but cannot be part of it. Their unflappable optimism is a good thing.

However.

I am a tech-head, scientifically inclined, due to a penchant for logic, that I happily indulged by finishing a fresh-man year in Philosophy as an adult, just because I could.

(Contrary to common belief, philosophy is functioning in a rather strict environment, dictated by a mathematical logic. Even Metaphysics, often accused of "floaty-talk about God" is based on tight, logical reasoning.
But, that's a discussion for another time.)

I knów that I have no connection to things like "ascencion" or "Opening of the Third Eye"and whatnot.
I am not longing for something "grand" or "paradigm-Shattering" I do not see it happening, though times are Á changing" as they always have.

Doesn't mean that I do not enjoy the sometimes complex amalgamate of several western and eastern religions and/or philosophies that flow from f.i. the new-age movement. It's a form of sheer joy in itself to see people that, at least, do more with life than passively, almost solipsystically (as in "this is the reality i created, so i will suffer in it, with no way out) "undergo" it.

Intellectual laziness is a sin that I have a hard time forgiving. If someone uses his/her intellect to formulate and substantiate a life-vision, even if that deviates quite a bit from the provable, falsifyable facts that define my view of life, it's a glorious thing!

So, no, You won't get scorn or ridicule from me. The funny thing about optimism -however odd-ball in other people's eyes- is that trúe optimism is contageous, and can lift quite a few spirits, éven without going on an evangelizing-spree, so to speak.

(Sadly, there are álso quite a few people that cling-on to their darkest fears, and thusly remove themselves from reality in an odd "Just think the worst, so it won't gèt worse than I can imagine". It's a kind of people that are slowly, but surely letting themselves be consumed by anger&fear, kicking and biting towards ányone that dares toquestion their views. They also tend to fight tenaciously against ány injection of reality and logic to alleviate their fears. An existence that fills me with sadness for them)

In many cases, I am an intrigued, external observer, allthewhile pondering the "what if". To parafrase Poirot "Make the leettle grey cells work"

edit on 25/10/12 by dutchmilpo because: addendum

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Imagine a world where we never criticized each other and we had to work together. That world is called totalitarianism.

We can only encourage stupidity for so long.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Like most of the 'peace and love' crowd, your ideas about how to change the world are pretty thin and unrealistic. The problem is that none of you guys that preach this stuff seem to have a clear understanding of human nature in general. Many of the attributes you view as 'negative' about our species are as natural to human beings as breathing. You think it should all be about 'love', and have some unrealistic, romantisized view of how the world should be. Also, the world is always changing, and not too surprising is the fact that each generation seems to agree that it is 'changing for the worst'. And ATS is certainly not much different in the gloom and doom dept. than it was several years ago, besides the fact the quality of posters and postings has gone way downhill.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It can be done. It doesn't have to be the touchy love fest that many
are so worried about.
Monetarily for example It could be as simple as not ripping off people.

Stopping Predator lending.
Credit Card companies imposing 30% interest rates when you're a day late.
Mega corps actually paying taxes.
Lobbyist's that don't stop community gardens etc.
Treating people right, instead of "What can I take this guy for?"
That would be a huge help.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As the poster somewhere above me exclaimed, human nature is human nature. It can't be cut up and said this part of humanity is correct, and this part is false.

That abstraction only takes us further away from the reality of what is being observed. Maybe even forcing us to believe that we are the result of external influences... and now we might rely on even more external influences to come and clear away our confusion. (Maybe even at a date which is not today.)

I don't know if I'm making sense... but in acceptance there is nothing left to change. Just the freedom to be your own unique expression.

When living in that freedom, every action is exactly what is needed for true progress, because it isn't filtered through a belief. (Just look at how sometimes being politically correct on a situation ends up messing things up more, because there is a belief to be proved).

I might have a strange way of saying things, but ultimately I'm just trying to point out that perhaps 'unity' isn't collecting everyone burdens and successes as your own. It is negating them completely, in order to create space for you to flower as your own 'one'.

Today!.... not in two months time

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

I am not a fear monger that is preaching the " end of days ", rather I am a soul that wishes to enlighten you to these changes. I live my life here one day at a time and nothing I do will change these energy fluctuations, so I do my part to " alert " those around me and any of those that chose to read this thread. Live your life the best you can, treat others with kindness every day, do not be so shallow ....

If you chose to feel the way you do that is your free will to do so. It was my hope to offer a reason not to feel this way. Take care.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The song "Imagine" has always been one of my favorites.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-10-2012 by ascension211 because: video

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thank you for those of you that responded so far. I really appreciate the effort some of you made to agree with me and the views of those that did not. That being said, i refer you to my following quote.

I would like to see more encouragement than ridicule. I am certain that those that post want to be validated for their statements, not put down for whatever opinion they chose to share. For instance, I am sure I will get some very negative responses to my post, even though, I would accept those for what the are. I will not take it personally if someone chooses to trash me, rather I will take it with a grain of salt whenever I post this or anything else, that certain people are just mean spirited individuals that feel better about themselves when they put others down.

Ascension211

Be sure and listen to the song "Imagine"!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Decided to post the words, just in case some are not familiar with the song or chose not to watch the video.

Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people living for today Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people living life in peace You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will be as one Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can No need for greed or hunger A brotherhood of man Imagine all the people sharing all the world You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us And the world will live as one

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
ascension211 thanks for this posting! I think you are right. The grand change is on the way. And we monkeys have made a mess of the world we live in. Things COULD be so much better IF we worked together as 1. I pray all mankind will see this soon! Take care my brother!
Maynard James Keenan read this poem........... I love it!

Chief Tecumseh's words of wisdom

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.

Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.
Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
even a stranger, when in a lonely place.
Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.

Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools
and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled
with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep
and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.
Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Look to the sky......we are all one. connected!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

When your praying in church, synagogue or the mosque and down the street there are people starving to death because they cannot take care of themselves are you really certain your GOD is listening to you?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by goldy2259

You are quite welcomed. Thank you for sharing the wonderful poem. Take care.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
Thank you for those of you that responded so far. I really appreciate the effort some of you made to agree with me and the views of those that did not. That being said, i refer you to my following quote.

I would like to see more encouragement than ridicule. I am certain that those that post want to be validated for their statements, not put down for whatever opinion they chose to share. For instance, I am sure I will get some very negative responses to my post, even though, I would accept those for what the are. I will not take it personally if someone chooses to trash me, rather I will take it with a grain of salt whenever I post this or anything else, that certain people are just mean spirited individuals that feel better about themselves when they put others down.

Ascension211

Be sure and listen to the song "Imagine"!!

People who disagree with you aren't necessarily looking for validation, mean-spirited, or putting you down to feel better about themselves. Does it validate you and make you feel better about yourself and your opinions to keep repeating that as if it's true??

It's a forum, and as much as you'd like everyone to agree with you, again, in the real world this just isn't a very realistic expectation, and you develop a thick skin and learn how to converse with people who may not necessarily agree with you about life and your personal philosophies.

I love John, but he was a rich, young guy who sat around in bed 'dreaming', smoking pot and taking drugs, and trying to 'imagine' how the world could be. I've arrived at my own philosophies about life by looking at things realistically, not ignoring what you and others would view as the 'negatives' of life and sticking my head in the sand and covering my eyes and ears when confronted with the ugliness of the world and people who disagree with me. I would hope and believe an older John Lennon would not be so naive as to think we're all going to hold hands and cure all the worlds problems thru love and 'positive' thinking.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join