It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in SATAN? I don't !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well I did ask. I will have to respectfully decline your reasoning as faulty. There is no such thing as Satan. There are misguided souls and young souls who have yet to realize what the truth is. I would put you in the young soul/ brainwashed group. I will grant you the opportunity to re-think your stance, however, you may be steadfast in your belief on this matter. You have free will to make choices and there are environmental issues and other free will choices imposed on all of us, by others. It is up to each individual to recognize what is truth and what is propaganda through religion. Religion to me is a man-made concoction to control the masses through disinformation. There are many religions and they are semantics, defined :

: the study of meanings: a : the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development b (1) : semiotics (2) : a branch of semiotic dealing with the relations between signs and what they refer to and including theories of denotation, extension, naming, and truth 2 : general semantics 3 a : the meaning or relationship of meanings of a sign or set of signs; especially : connotative meaning b : the language used (as in advertising or political propaganda) to achieve a desired effect on an audience especially through the use of words with novel or dual meanings

for the same thing, but there can only be one truth. That is not to say there are not evil/bad/negative souls that have regressed and need to find their way back to the light, if you want to call them Satan, that is your choice. Take care, do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I suppose it depends on the religion but generally if you believe in a Supreme Good, you cannot ignore that the opposing Evil entity must exist. I've met people who believed in God but for some reason didn't believe in the Devil, how is that possible? I don't know, choosy beliefs I guess. There is an opposition to all main forces in the universe, this is a belief I hold, I look forward to the discovery of anti-gravity, I do believe it must exist because of this same principle, I do believe in God and equally believe in the opposite of God.

To atheists, they don't believe in the devil, because they've seen no scientific data proving such, but if you have a personal experience it's not so easy to dismiss it, I think if a die hard atheist had an experience proving the devil existed they would likely keep it a personal secret for fear of being ridiculed, but just like aliens and ghosts the devil isn't going to leave a fingerprint behind.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Actually in a religious stand point...preferably Christianity, it is none of our business to judge whether or not a soul is negative. We, are only supposed to help keep someone on the guidelines written out in whatever religion those individuals are practicing. So, as far as Satan goes...this individual does indeed exist in the book's stand point. You would have to research into the banned books of the Bible.

According to the documentary film, the apocalypse was very popular among Christians during the 2nd century. They believed "it was spiritually inspired" by GOD Almighty to Saint Peter. They actually had doubts about "John's apocalypse", which is known today as "the Book of Revelation". Interestingly also, this apocalypse says that after GOD Almighty fills both Heaven and Hell with inhabitants from Mankind, and the people of Hell get tortured for a long period of time, the People of Heaven will ask and Pray to GOD Almighty to Forgive the people of Hell. GOD Almighty will then eventually listen to their Prayers, and will order the "Gates and the Steel Bars of Hell" to be opened and allow the people of Hell to enter Heaven for Good. This apocalypse of Peter seems to also perfectly fit Noble Verse 7:40 in the Noble Quran where Allah Almighty Promised that He will eventually open the Gates of Heaven to all disbelievers and empty Hell. Please visit: Hell will eventually be empty according to Islam.

Short and to the point...the souls in heaven will ask God to forgive the people in Hell and Hell will be emptied out. That is the Apocalypse of Peter or Revelation of Peter. Still if Hell is something you are worrying about as a religious individual, then you're not repenting.
edit on 25-10-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You spoke about there being only ONE truth.

What if I don't believe that?

Beliefs about reality are up to the individual. We all have some way of explaining our reality, whether it be something we've been taught, something we've learned, something we've thought up or a mixture of any of these.

I believe in your view just as much as you believe in my view.

I don't believe in your view just as much as you don't believe in my view.

Love, hate, religion, science, God, Satan, cults, Sesame Street, drugs, nature, magic, what ever.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

To believe otherwise is just silly.

Pick your own path and see where it leads you, or don't.

What ever happens, you'll live a life for a certain amount of time, and then you'll die, or so we're led to believe.

Just enjoy the ride.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The greatest trick satan ever played on humanity was convincing humanity that satan did not....

Oh never mind ascension 2012 are you ascending yet? Dont get me wrong cause I believe in the Mayan prophecy as well, but maybe not the same as you do..... The world is plunging towards corruption and chaos, nobody gets a free ride out of it, not even you. It may very well be that you add to it, because after 2012 comes and you dont ascend out of it, you will realize that there are no free rides and you are totally unprepared for what is to come.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I suppose it depends on the religion but generally if you believe in a Supreme Good, you cannot ignore that the opposing Evil entity must exist. I've met people who believed in God but for some reason didn't believe in the Devil, how is that possible? I don't know, choosy beliefs I guess. There is an opposition to all main forces in the universe, this is a belief I hold, I look forward to the discovery of anti-gravity, I do believe it must exist because of this same principle, I do believe in God and equally believe in the opposite of God.

To atheists, they don't believe in the devil, because they've seen no scientific data proving such, but if you have a personal experience it's not so easy to dismiss it, I think if a die hard atheist had an experience proving the devil existed they would likely keep it a personal secret for fear of being ridiculed, but just like aliens and ghosts the devil isn't going to leave a fingerprint behind.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)
That logic only works if you believe that God is a divine force for good. However, in my belief, God exists but is neither good nor evil. He/She/It simply created the universe, and stood back to watch. There is no involvement, no judgment, no moral code handed down in a burning bush. There is simply a higher power.

So, therefore, I have no reason to believe in Satan/Lucifer/the Devil, or any such supreme evil.

This is my belief, and I know others don't share it. But, it does show that it is possible to believe in God and not Satan.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

That is not to say there are not evil/bad/negative souls that have regressed and need to find their way back to the light, if you want to call them Satan, that is your choice.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Nowhere in this thread did I mention 2012 or the Mayan. Did you even bother to read what I did write? It doesn't seem so. Perhaps you should give it another look see. This reply you left was completely of topic as far as I am concerned. Nonetheless, you are forgiven. Take care.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Regardless of what you do believe there is only one truth. Do any us know what that is for certain? No. Why? Because there is no way for me to give you verifiable proof. Even If I could, you would still be defiant based on what it is you do believe. I gave a definition for semantics for a reason. Take care.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211

Regardless of what you do believe there is only one truth. Do any us know what that is for certain? No. Why? Because there is no way for me to give you verifiable proof. Even If I could, you would still be defiant based on what it is you do believe. I gave a definition for semantics for a reason. Take care.

The 'truth' doesn't necessarily have to be static.

It could be random, and thus, undefinable.

Randomness can still be a Governing Law., a.k.a - Chaos.

Don't think of the word 'chaos' as meaning violence and destruction, either.

Think of it as what it truly means.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

: the study of meanings: a : the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development b (1) : semiotics (2) : a branch of semiotic dealing with the relations between signs and what they refer to and including theories of denotation, extension, naming, and truth 2 : general semantics 3 a : the meaning or relationship of meanings of a sign or set of signs; especially : connotative meaning b : the language used (as in advertising or political propaganda) to achieve a desired effect on an audience especially through the use of words with novel or dual meanings

In case you missed it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koros
I have no reason to believe in Satan/Lucifer/the Devil, or any such supreme evil.

On the other side you WILL have a reason, and a long time to think about it...

Gods Hell

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yeah, thanks for that. But, still, my point stands. I have no reason to believe in Satan.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Satan was an arch angel cast down from heaven to live in the confines of this world. Since being here is causes evil, wars, and the most vial things to happen.

But about 25 yrs ago he got interested in Skateboarding. Yes. Skateboarding. So he decided to take on a human form and to desguise his name he changed it to Natas.

Here's proof....

Ultimately.... (and SERIOUSLY) you have to ask yourself, where did this universe come from? Who created it. Where did my life come from and where am I going after this life? You better get it right. Or you get this...

edit on 25-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

So...proof of Satan, hell, and eternal damnation is what, exactly? Poorly produced religious propaganda videos? That's your evidence?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
@OP.
An avatar with angel wings to not believe in the fallen angels makes you a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Pertinent part at about 1:05

Dodson: I don't believe in the devil.

Constantine: You should, he believes in you.

Not that one should take theological advice from a Keanu Reeves film.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

You're right. One shouldn't take theological advice from a Keanu Reeves film...nor, for that matter, from people posting clips from Keanu Reeves films on discussion boards.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well I believe there is an evil entity that is not a dead human, I have first-hand knowledge of it, can't deny when something happens to you, people I tell the story to have a range of reactions from denial, to acceptance, to feeling the chills. My belief is based on first-hand-knowledge, that's why I believe there is an anti-God, I believe God is all loving, all merciful, all kind. The suffering that exists is the purpose mortals are on the earth to begin with, to take it away would take away the mechanics of the machine we all live in, we must go through the gears of suffering, some greatly more than others, but their reward is that much greater in terms of growth and joy. As has been said, if you are tricked into thinking the devil doesn't exist he has already deceived you. I think the devil doesn't make too many appearances because if he did, people would immediately believe in God, you don't have to see an Angel to believe in God, if you saw a demon you could just as equally believe in the Supreme Being. I can tell the difference from a dead human and a demon, but I suppose there are many who cannot, some might even mistake them for extraterrestrials.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koros
reply to post by r2d246

So...proof of Satan, hell, and eternal damnation is what, exactly? Poorly produced religious propaganda videos? That's your evidence?

I TOLD YOU HE CAME BACK 25 YEARS AGO AS A PROFESSIONAL SKATEBOARDER! I showed my proof of him doing tricks, including trying to hide is name as Natas! Aren't you watching!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join