It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on mars? I'd like to think so.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
*yawn*
Yet another pseudo skeptic about aliens do not exist because I'm such an original thinker and here's my thoughts on why post.

I'm wouldn't necessarily bash the idea of life on Mars, but I'm not going to believe that Kanye West mentioning a "Bar on Mars" in a song is any kind of evidence whatsoever of cities on Mars.

I mean, really. I'm as open minded as the next guy, but confirmation bias like this in the OP could be seen as CLOSE-MINDED. What I mean is that there are people who have such a confirmation bias that they would not consider anything at all that does not agree with their preconceived notions, and at the same time they are very quick to see confirmation of those preconceived notions anywhere and everywhere (such as in a Kanye West song)...

That's a definition of close-minded.

I'm open to the possibility of life on Mars, especially microbial life underground. Just show me. I pay attention to all of the information about possible life on Mars, and make my own judgements based on ALL of that information -- not just the information that my closed-mind agrees with.

If I see evidence that goes against what I think and believe, I make it a point of investigating that evidence a little closer to see if it should change what I already think I know. I'm always open to evidence of new/different ideas. For example, contrary to what I once thought about Venus, there are some NASA studies that suggest that the higher-altitude clouds of Venus could hold microbial life. NASA does not have a lot of evidence to support the hypothesis, but I -- and NASA -- still consider it a possibility.

...and, by the way, this is not that "original". ATS has had many threads over the years about pop stars who (for some strange reason) are made privy to all of the secrets of the all-powerful "TPTB", and decide to litter their songs with references to these secrets. This thread is just one more.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

Well basing Life on Mars on the writing of rap stars is not the best way of coming to conclusions about life the universe and everything. Tinie Tempah has the lyric ".... written in the stars, a million miles away". Well he's somewhat astronomically incorrect or in an orbit a lot closer to the Sun than Mercury (or another star).

But the theory of Life on Mars is an interesting one. If we find microbial life there or even that it once lived there then finding life began on 2 planets in the same Solar System increases the probability of it existing in abundance throughout the Universe.

However making the leap to an assumption that humans live on and travel to Mars is the stuff of science fiction that comes from things like Alternative 3, the original "Total Recall" movie, "They Live" movie, and the musings of people like Richard Dolan, who having once been able to talk of things that were at least based on fact, now seems to have abandoned it for speculative theories of a Breakaway Civilization and Secret Space Programs.

Of course we can't prove that there isn't a secret colony on Mars but I also own an album from the 1980s by a band called Landscape called "From the Tea-Rooms of Mars... to the Hell-Holes of Uranus".

I would suggest that if you think there are Tea Rooms on Mars then you may well be talking from Uranus.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

Soooo....you think Kanye West has been to Mars because he sang about it in a song.....and he's got lots of money?

Well Led Zepplin sang about a stairway to Heaven......and they've got more money than Kanye!.......wonder how much it costs to climb that baby!

I know this is a conspiracy site.....but come on!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Like what if there are little corn people in my corn flakes. I know it's unlikely, but what if there is? That'd be cool. And I remember once that I saw this movie, and a guy was eating corn flakes. So it could be true!

Little corn people, all living in our corn flake boxes. And we all know that people in the CIA eat cornflakes. Some do anyway so they might know about it.

It's so frustrating that they never tell us bout it. Why do they hide it from us? If they would just tell us about the little corn people. CIA... always lying to us.

Now this is just silly, it makes no sense. The little corn people would drown in the milk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join