It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT Destroys Corporate Media Blackout, Airs Full 3rd Party Debates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I'll agree with that completely where you point out how shameful it is, 3rd party candidates weren't given due and proper time by our own system. That needs to be among the things to change across the coming 4 years, if it ever can be at all. No question on that.

In a very real sense, America is the national version of ATS. 100% User Contributed. If the users would start contributing quality time and effort to the overall effort....perhaps there wouldn't be so much to see needing attention.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You compare RT to the BBC and I really don't see the comparison at all. The BBC and Canada's version are State funded as I understand it..at least in part, but not extensions of direct state ownership and control.

Russia TV is a direct properly of Ria Novosti Network with is a direct property of the Russian Federation and based in Moscow. No theory here....it's open records anyone can go look up without special effort.

The only real comparison that fits is one the RT people would never willingly make but hey...the shoe is the perfect size. America's version is Voice of America. Anyone think VOA is 100% unbiased and without agendas? RT is sexier and flashier for their presentation. No question. Russia obviously values their media outlet more than the United States Government values VOA.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Swills

You compare RT to the BBC and I really don't see the comparison at all. The BBC and Canada's version are State funded as I understand it..at least in part, but not extensions of direct state ownership and control.

Russia TV is a direct properly of Ria Novosti Network with is a direct property of the Russian Federation and based in Moscow. No theory here....it's open records anyone can go look up without special effort.

The only real comparison that fits is one the RT people would never willingly make but hey...the shoe is the perfect size. America's version is Voice of America. Anyone think VOA is 100% unbiased and without agendas? RT is sexier and flashier for their presentation. No question. Russia obviously values their media outlet more than the United States Government values VOA.

Say what you will about RT but it should be obvious to always question the source and never fully believe what ever it is you are reading or watching, that said, RT is covering what western MSM won't and that's because our beloved western MSM isn't controlled solely by our Gov'ts, no I'm afraid its much worse, so lets not forget our own MSM is pure crap and because they are pure crap RT News not exists but is extremely successful. They could very well dominate the US MSM if RT were broadcasted on American networks. So until that day comes they will continue to dominate YouTube as the number 1 source for news.

Doing some reading into RT News I discover they are on some American networks and doing very well.

‘Russia Today’ Doubles its U.S. Audience

russia-briefing.com...

Jun. 7 – U.S. viewers of the Kremlin-backed English-language TV channel formerly known as Russia Today (RT) have more than doubled over the past year, making RT the most-watched foreign TV channel in five key U.S. urban markets, according to the Nielsen Media Research survey.

Viewership in New York alone nearly tripled, while the channel also made significant advances in Washington D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco, according to the report. Nielsen Media Research, headquartered in New York City, operates primary from Chicago.

The survey indicates that the U.S. urban audience prefers watching RT to other international news channels such as the EU’s Euronews, France 24, Germany’s Deutsche Welle, the Middle East’s Al Jazeera English, or China’s CCTV News. In New York, RT’s weekly audience was nine times that of NHK World, and in Chicago, daily viewership was three times higher than Al Jazeera’s.

“The growth of our audiences in major U.S. cities, including New York and Washington, proves that we have become firmly established as an international channel that gives an alternative to the American mainstream,” RT editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan said, ITAR-TASS reported.

Currently, 85 million people in the United States have access to the channel, according to ITAR-TASS. The channel got a boost in 2011 as it began to be carried by cable networks in San Francisco, Chicago, and Philadelphia, also joining the lineup for satellite provider Dish Network.

American audiences can watch RT in English and Spanish.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
RT does what? Really? As much as I like the idea of what they did here, the fact is they aren't carried on many providers. Even Current has managed to be available to most of the public. They really need to get on the ball, before anyone starts running around they destroyed this and that, because all they really did was air a debate that most of the country will not see.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Who said they destroyed anything? I simply noted they have the same backing, funding, control and aims for Russia as Voice of America has for the United States. RT is better funded. The motivations and ideological control of a news organization is important in taking the credibility of what it reports as a whole.

I sure didn't see anyone mention anything more than their being another of the many propaganda broadcasters though. That much is by definition.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thank you for spreading this because, of course, the mainstream won't.

I disagree with the old saying about wasting your vote. When a person tells a voter that they won't vote, they're lectured about how every vote counts. And yet, if you tell the same person that you're voting independent, then they say, "Oh he won't win, you're wasting you're vote!" What happened to 'Every vote counts'?

In all likelyhood, we will have a RepubliCrat in office, but that doesn't deter me. Even if we can't send one of these candidates to office, what we can do is send a message.

With enough votes, we can send a message to those in power as well as send a message to the american people.

With enough votes, people will no longer be able to ignore the choices that are available.

If you like the direction this country has been going, then vote for Oboma or Romney. But if you want true reform then speak up by voting for one of these fine candidates, because you won't get reform with Romney.

We may not get it this year, but with enough votes, the independent parties will only get more exposure for next time.

As Gary Johnson said in the debate, "Wasting your vote is voting for someone you don't believe in!"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As far as the RT network is concerned, i think they have a huge stake in exposing the American government for the corporate controlled police state that it is becoming.

I'm not defending any state owned media, or saying that any state owned media is unbiased, but i think their bias is this; Russia knows that if TPTB continue to gain control of US, then they will continue to gain control of the world, Russia included.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RebelSoldier

As far as the RT network is concerned, i think they have a huge stake in exposing the American government for the corporate controlled police state that it is becoming.

I'm not defending any state owned media, or saying that any state owned media is unbiased, but i think their bias is this; Russia knows that if TPTB continue to gain control of US, then they will continue to gain control of the world, Russia included.

Interesting to note that a foreign country sees our Mass Media for what it really is yet most Americans can't. Sad really. Hopefully more Americans are waking up to the fact that they are being fed lies in the MSM not facts.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I thought RT was the best last year... they had Adam Kokesh hosting Adam vs the Man... I loved that show it hit home and really made me think there was change happening in the world. If you would like to watch some news that is really well reported on watch all of AdamvstheMan its all free on youtube and you will understand why I love it.

The Alonya show was just as impressive.

The Big Picture has some interesting things to say however the sneering that the host constantly does and out right misrepresentation of the truth hurts my head but it is good to watch just to see what the other side is thinking. "coughs: "crazy";....

However they cancelled my two favorite shows... I think the U.S. government is gaining control and forcing their hands otherwise those shows would still be on. Most of these shows are run by americans and programed by americans. Russia just supplies the tools. If you think that the PTB aren't widdling their way into that organization and shutting them down just wait until your favorite shows get cancelled even when they are doing better than ever before. Ask yourself "why"

The big picture is the third vid... what kills me is this guy is still on a few times a day and they cut those other good shows. This guy is a snide condensending hypocrite.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Actually RT is more credible than all the western media outlets combined, which goes to show state owned networks are more reliable than private ones owned by the bilderbergers. If you don't know who the bilderbergers are by now, then I am wasting my time here and you are hopeless!

Secondely some major network in america should have covered these debates even if they think the majority sees them as fringe orientated. When you ignore someone for whatever reason it just shows you have an agenda....and most likely an evil one.

Sooner or later when ignorant americans realise they need to drop the duopoly major media will be forced to cover all the parties with substantial influence or risk going out of business. I still love how a state-owned media outlet put to shame the so called superior private ones. LMAO!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
So it was an awesome debate and everything but how many threads do we need on it?

Third-party presidential debate
THIRD PARTY Presidential Debate Thread
**LIVE NOW** Third party candidates debate moderated by Larry King.
LIVE: Third Party Presidential Debate on RT
US third party debate scheduled for Oct 23

How many romney-obama threads do we need? The main debate has probably 5 times more threads for it then this so called third party debate. Why are you a sore loser?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Umph. Uhuh.

To tether the Etherworld.
Not Earth^

edit on 26-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caltrops

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Really enjoyed this debate..

there are a couple of threads on ATS that covered it..

Good news is there is one more debate scheduled for next week in Washington DC..

2 of the 4 (depending on the post debate vote) will appear for the final debate..

Thanks to RT, AlJazeera, LinkTV, online streams, and CSPAN for covering the debate.. and huge thanks to freeandequal.org for organizing the event..

There was much more substance in that 90 minute debate than the entire 4 MSM broadcast debates combined..

We are lucky to have news sources like those you mentioned above
. Sadly , News sources like CNN , BBC never mentioned regarding these candidates .
edit on 25-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

here is another ATS thread ..

The two party power grab is all that our election system has become.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by Caltrops

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Really enjoyed this debate..

there are a couple of threads on ATS that covered it..

Good news is there is one more debate scheduled for next week in Washington DC..

2 of the 4 (depending on the post debate vote) will appear for the final debate..

Thanks to RT, AlJazeera, LinkTV, online streams, and CSPAN for covering the debate.. and huge thanks to freeandequal.org for organizing the event..

There was much more substance in that 90 minute debate than the entire 4 MSM broadcast debates combined..

We are lucky to have news sources like those you mentioned above
. Sadly , News sources like CNN , BBC never mentioned regarding these candidates .
edit on 25-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

here is another ATS thread ..

The two party power grab is all that our election system has become.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the Link ...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Direct quote for brevity's sake Wrabbit..
"However........ MOSCOW is turning back more Soviet than Russian and Vladimir Putin was a Colonel of the SOVIET UNION, not the Russian Federation, as he built his career in the K.G.B.. How would we feel about a President who spent his whole life in the CIA?? That is Putin...and Putin owns RT. Lets all just keep perspective on things, eh?"

Well put and bump quality; also the target space for our most effective presidents' past as well.
Where I was heading with that 'target space' wasn't to refute anything-- but my feelings about
ALL our chief executives' connection to Langley since Nixon, and maybe LBJ-- are mixed.
But if Bush 41 hadn't been a former Director, how effective with foreign policy would he have
been? And that 'whole life' deal is just as foggy as 'former' in regard to The Shop.. you're not
retired, ever. One of my real concerns, and maybe for others is how Sovietesque than anything
else D.C. is becoming... different puppet but look at the staying power of that Politbureau.
Transparency in the Beltway is evidently just as nonexistent as anywhere else, would you
agree? It would indicate surely to me that the Western media isn't getting the meat on the
bun either. We're all suceptible to hang at a certain set of spots that are 'reliable'--saves time.
My greatest flaw is coming around here and getting just the conspiracy slants. Bad habits...
Directly on thread-- nobody around here with the choice takes all their grist from one mill.
But in all fairness, I'm going back to read the whole thread and salt my shoes for dinner,
won't be the first time I was probably wrong. And your carrots are snappin' today bud..
no lacka vision.
Finally thanks for reminding me to regularly reconsider the sources on my long thrown out TV.
Glad I did it, except I miss the noise that forced me to do more thorough research than lately.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My first though .. Where is Ron Paul ?

thanks for sharing Op
will listen to the debate later

knew it that a 3rd party was going to be created months ago

no im not psychic .. but realist lol

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It would be more "legit" when The Real News Network www.therealnews.com... or Democracy Now www.democracynow.org... ( NO ADVERTISING, GOVERNMENT OR CORPORATE FUNDING ) would do it no outside source !

For me there is no difference what you have now, RT a sponsored Propaganda channel good for a other point of view, but not someone i like to see provide something like that in your country !

Nothing is for free !

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I wonder.... Doesn't it cross a line somewhere when a State owned organization of a foreign nation hosts an event like this? Russia TV isn't just a cute moniker...That's RUSSIA TV as much as Voice of America is American. Both absolutely insist upon independent editorial control and such...and Hey, I read them both for the aspects of news they offer.

I think a major network absolutely should have hosted this...but again, Russia TV is State Owned by the Russian Federation by way of the Ria Novosti Network in Moscow.

I never bother mentioning this because it rarely matters. Their news is just part of a whole and as right and wrong as anyone else.....but this seems pretty direct into the politics of the United States Presidential Race...for a Russian State Property to be getting?
I think they are more interested in showing Americans that there is a media blackout being perpetrated on them, rather than trying to manipulate any opinions about politics per se, as each of these candidates has exactly a snowball's chance, if you get my meaning.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Washington is looking rather Soviet at times for general feelings and attitudes and surely more than any degree I've ever seen it. It's funny.....but my basic point on this thread was based on the OP's miswording (Unintentional...I'll grant) his original statement for who hosted this. I hadn't anticipated the reaction pushing even this...a rather basic issue of who owns a news organization...into a major battle.

What makes it funny is that I hadn't expected to end up feeling like it was an all or nothing, back RT to the wall like someone has stock in them personally...OR condemn them entirely as worthless. You notice how so many topics of all kinds these days are forced to become one extreme or the other? ..and so quickly too. Heck, I use RT as a news source myself, as my first post said...kinda hard to see through the fog of the thread tho eh? lol...

Good point you make about the slant too. That is getting EXTREME here at ATS lately and that IS beyond anything I've seen here. It's always slanted of course, to a degree. It's what brings everyone here. What has changed I think, is anyone not agreeing with the direction of the slant is not simply the subject of disagreement...but all to often, hounding until properly 'converted' in thinking to whatever position for the majority...or thoroughly enough put DOWN to insure others get the point.
It's almost like a little Anti-American mafia running around at times these days.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
For what it is worth, what we regard as freedom, justice and democracy is slowly improving in Russia and Ukraine. The overall trend over the past twenty years has been one of improvement. Yes, there are still problems and there will be for many years to come.

Compared to the west, there's no improvement there's only a marked acceleration in the erosion and degradation of these values.

Western governments have come to the aid of Tymoshenko, Ukraine's former Prime Minister, in consequence of her being jailed for so-called political crimes. No, those who investigate further will find those are not political crimes, her own partner is just finishing a term in US prison for money laundering and embezzlement.

Putin had no problem having 5 other candidates on the ballot with him. Yes, he had an overwhelming advantage -- but hey, so did Romney and his treatment of Ron Paul during the entire GOP nomination process made it clear that he has a difficult time with competition.

Yes, there is corruption in the Former Soviet Union, but it pales in comparison, almost seems saintly, compared to what is now evident in the West, from the executive bonuses to the Liebor scandal swiftly swept under the rug.

Russia has not started any wars recently. The matter of Ossetia was instigated by a western puppet who thought he had the backing of NATO. Chechnya is about as close to war as Russia has been involved in since it pulled out of Afghanistan. The turmoil there goes back a good hundred years.

Russia's military spending pales in comparison to the West - yet the West keeps making it out that Russia is the antagonist. It's not. Russia's not forcing the United Nations to abandon the basis of its charter by intruding in domestic disputes like Libya or Syria.

Russia deserves a little bit of acknowledgement for recovering to the extent it has from the 1990's despite seeing the West winding up as a very poor example to follow.

What most in the West do not know is that most Russians own their home - whether an apartment, cottage or house. Most will always have a place to stay - that's what they got when they converted from communism to a "freer market". In the West, homelessness is on the rise.

RT might be Russian Propaganda.... the scary thing is that it seems more interested in the prosperity of America than American owned mainstream media.

Again though, I'm not saying Russia does not have its problems. What I am saying is by and large, the overall trend shows Russia is improving while the West is degrading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join