It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming, but I cant wake up!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

If you wanna wake up, just think about your body laying there in your bed. Or just shout: 'I WANNA WAKE UP' in your dream. Those two things usually work for me. Or you could also just try to kill yourself, that usually works aswell haha xD. And about those nightmares, just try to overcome them while being lucid?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Rencently I have been having nightmares too.

I had a really nasty one, where my hubby had died when my children were young and my stepmum hadn't died-that was a nightmare right there. BUt worse, was that I was living with my dad and stepmum-she hated me and was so jealous.
Well it felt VERY real. I was coping and not geting angry or depressed though. But it took a step up when an unknown man turned up and started to accuse my eldest of being in a gang. And he was going to arrest her. ( I homeschool and I am very close to my eldest as she has a disability that needs constant awareness.)
In the dream I didn't know it was a dream but I said I had had enough and suddenly woke up.

As soon as I had woke up, I 'knew' the dream had been choregraphed by a living being, I went back into the dream lucidly and I searched for her signal, found her and gave her a physical scar. She didn't come back. No one messes with my kids. Not even in dreams.

My message is that, not all dream/nightmares are of OUR minds but of someone elses, sick depraved minds bent on scaring the pants off you. They want us all to be in fear, as that is when they can control you.

If you are being targeted you can bet that you are showing signs of growing into the next dimension. Your aura will be showing it, especially in dreamland. They will put you in situations that go against your nature and could actually be training your brain to kill and do what they want.

My technique is, if you can visualise it, you can do it. A few people are using a few techniques when they have gained mastery over lucidness. You can try to run, bash them or give them a hug. You need to be able to discern what would work.
I recently read Bonnie Jean Mitchell's ebook and got a few tips, I am not at her level but I am getting there.

As in UFOlogy, the Name of Jesus is becoming a known beat-all to all weapons in dreamland.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

thank you for this.

i've wondered before if someone or something is trying to hurt my relationship with my spouse.
so many bad bad dreams.

like the demon guarding sarai!
or whoever LOL

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try to make the most of any lucid dream I have from now on. The weirdest part of dreams for me is the locations. They always seem so real and unique and rarely are they ever at a place I had been before. I just can not fathom how I can create an entire world from scratch and them be so seemingly real, like it is an actual place in the world that I have never been. I wonder how such things are possible.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
Rencently I have been having nightmares too.

I had a really nasty one, where my hubby had died when my children were young and my stepmum hadn't died-that was a nightmare right there. BUt worse, was that I was living with my dad and stepmum-she hated me and was so jealous.
Well it felt VERY real. I was coping and not geting angry or depressed though. But it took a step up when an unknown man turned up and started to accuse my eldest of being in a gang. And he was going to arrest her. ( I homeschool and I am very close to my eldest as she has a disability that needs constant awareness.)
In the dream I didn't know it was a dream but I said I had had enough and suddenly woke up.

As soon as I had woke up, I 'knew' the dream had been choregraphed by a living being, I went back into the dream lucidly and I searched for her signal, found her and gave her a physical scar. She didn't come back. No one messes with my kids. Not even in dreams.

My message is that, not all dream/nightmares are of OUR minds but of someone elses, sick depraved minds bent on scaring the pants off you. They want us all to be in fear, as that is when they can control you.

If you are being targeted you can bet that you are showing signs of growing into the next dimension. Your aura will be showing it, especially in dreamland. They will put you in situations that go against your nature and could actually be training your brain to kill and do what they want.

My technique is, if you can visualise it, you can do it. A few people are using a few techniques when they have gained mastery over lucidness. You can try to run, bash them or give them a hug. You need to be able to discern what would work.
I recently read Bonnie Jean Mitchell's ebook and got a few tips, I am not at her level but I am getting there.

As in UFOlogy, the Name of Jesus is becoming a known beat-all to all weapons in dreamland.

So you are saying that there is some unknown entity trying to train me to kill people? Seems a bit far out there.

Seems more logical that it is my subconscious trying to teach me to be able to handle those situations. The dream I had described earlier was so real, that it seemed it would be a good plot for a movie or something. Once again the thing that really got me was that I was able to create a location that seemed so real. Like I had been there before or something. But I had never been to anywhere like it. The buildings that were there out in the middle of the woods seemed like a really compact and run down city like Johannesburg.

Also, I forgot to mention that at the end of the dream I escaped this place by stealing one of the Military Humvees. I distinctly remember driving down winding forest roads before waking up.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

You mentioned something about being sick in the opening paragraph. Your body is fighting and killing germs. You have an alliance on your side (like, a 'good bacteria' that is in symbiotic relationship with you and also threatened by the germs?)

Just a thought. Your dream may be simply your mind over matter-- fighting hard to get rid of the illness during sleep.

Ya, I remember that me and the person I had formed an alliance with were sitting on the roof of one of the buildings that was a poorly constructed 4 story metal building, we were sitting there overlooking the exit that was blocked with Humvees, and were devising a way to escape, so maybe there is some credibility to that (I did end up escaping in one of the Humvees though I think the person helping me didnt make it out)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
Most of my dreams involve not being able to express verbally while cruel people pick on me LOL.

However, when a rare lucid dream comes, they can be sooo weird. Most of the time, I don't remember. Most of them are journeys, quests for something -- and there is a lot of ground covered. Often I see many roads, cities, and end up on a boat to somewhere strange.

Sometimes there is fleeing, but not as much combat etc. as childhood dreaming. I used to dream a lot like you, about woods, and flights, and levitation, etc. The jumping thing you mention, I did that too... weird huh? Maybe there is something to all of that.

The latest lucid dream I remember was odd:

I was with a girl (it might have been my dream guide or a fragment of the self that needs to be saved).
I was trying to protect her. We were fleeing from an unknown male pursuer, maybe my dead dad. He was crazy lol. But anyway, we broke out of the brush by the side of a lake.

There was no boat, but the pursuer was almost there, on us. There were two children's wagons, plastic radio flyers. My son has one. (We are dealing with CPS right now due to inability to cope with autism).

I pushed the wagons into the lake, and held them together with the seat belts so that the other girl could get in and ride safely across the water. I was determined to save her even if I drowned. I was confident we could escape.

Then, right in front of us, there was a huge dark brown whirlpool of floodwater. I forgot to mention, the lake was swollen with rain, and the sun was going down but it was showing colors in the clouds like after a big storm. Beautiful scary nighttime sunset....

anyway, i thought for sure the whirlpool would have us, as it was about 10 feet wide.
However, we managed to skip across somehow -- the wagon shape wasn't good for sailing and it just went over.

However at that moment, when I was sure we had gotten away, a tsunami came from the shore across from the whirlpool and doubled back toward us. By the time i saw it, it was about to crash over our heads. Actually it was not a curl, it was a swell. It carried us back toward the whirlpool and i knew we were going to die.

Then i woke up. not in terror like the emotional dreams, but invigorated and shocked.

It is really weird that you too have had the jumping thing. I feel that as I began to run I was going faster and faster and jumping higher and higher until I eventually could full on levitate.

Also, the dream you described seems a lot like how my dreams play out. They are always very weird, specific, and seemingly real. I don't know why, but your dream really resonates with me. I have no idea why but it was kinda like Deja Vu' while reading it, very strange.

Edit: Also, I too often remember having to save people in my dreams. For the first few I could not bring myself to do it, perhaps out of fear ( once I had to save some people from car that fell from a plane that crashed , and I remember not doing it right I way because I was afraid to see there mangled bodies) but eventually, as I have had more and more dreams I feel I have built up the courage to save them. Its very odd.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

That is the huge mystery of dreaming! How do we create all of that.

Is it there whether or not we experience it? Do changes in the magnetic field cause changes in our dreams?

Do our souls travel when we dream?

etc! lol

p.s. I am glad you aren't alone in the weird dreaming!

re: unfamiliar places, exactly! wtf! Why are we here indeed?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

Thank you for the info, one of those links said I am more likely to have nightmares if I am sick which I am, or If I am anxious which I have been suffering from lately ( and I have no idea why ). So it makes a lot more sense as to why I have been having nightmares lately. So hopefully this will pass soon.

I was just wondering if you know of any natural ways to suppress dream recall for the time being, because these nightmares cause me to wake up a couple times of night with a horrible sweat. Then I have to wait until I dry off before I can get back to sleep, it is really annoying and scary.
I didn't catch the sweat bit.

I ended up having imbalanced thyroid.
However it is possible that you are having some very serious dream experiences.
You are lucky to be able to remember them... many people with the night sweats don't recall the dreams.
had that two summers running -- that waking up soaked thing.

Some doctors were really worried and checked for aids and cancer, lol. but it wasn't, unless it was cured by magic... LMAO

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's simple.... I have told many on ATS when faced with this type of experience, it also works with sleep paralysis.

!COUGH!
Just try to cough while in your dream or sleep state... It's instant.
edit on 26-10-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
It's simple.... I have told many on ATS when faced with this type of experience, it also works with sleep paralysis.

!COUGH!

Never tried coughing but for really bad dreams I used to try blinking when I was young and i would wake up. During sleep paralysis I would try rocking myself, that usually works.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've had same experience for years. Like one said cough to wake up, I find gutteral works for me, a groan or a growl. I call them trap dreams. Its common for me to wake from trap dream into sleep paralysis and can go back and forth many times before finally waking successfully drenched in sweat. Often Ifind that once Isuccessfully wake Ifeel very drugged despite no drugs in system. My speech is slurred and will fall back asleep immediately if Idont stand up. Easier said then done as Ifeel drunk as a skunk room spins Ihave to hold side of bed to not fall over as I lurch like a drunk! This usually subsides within a few minutes.

Doctors have explained its all associated with sleep paralysis and that Ishouldnt be able to override the chemical that prevents movement during sleep but its just a mind over matter where there's a will there's a way thing and the drugged sensation is that chemical.

Now for tips, sleep paralysis is most common in supine position(on your back) so sleeping on tummy or side can reduce frequency but it can still happen occasionally.

A few questions. You mention recently stopping meds, are there any you still take? Specifically ssri(select serotonine reuptake inhibitors) meds? They are a class of antidepressants that can cause some very vivid nightmares, however while I've experienced the increase in nightmares with ssris I've tracked the sleep paralysis/trap dream events and found no change corresponding with being on or off the meds.
Are you married/have a significant other sleeping with you? My hubby knows to immediately act if he notices any change in breathing, any sound, or finger twitch (if all else fails Itry to twitch a finger lol) you may be woken often for no reason but if you hate the experience as much as Ido you'll thank the person and encourage them to keep up the vigilance! Id rather be woken 20xs for no reason than be trapped even once.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Perhaps the sleep paralysis is an extension of RL stress to which we do not know how to respond.

assertiveness training in daytime and dealing with issues head on might help with sleep paralysis.

just a theory mind you, but maybe a way to get free of it

travel away from the prison

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by DreamerOracle

!COUGH!

Never tried coughing but for really bad dreams I used to try blinking when I was young and i would wake up. During sleep paralysis I would try rocking myself, that usually works.

Looks like it could be the usual body operations that are automatic reactions(coughing, blinking etc) and the oddity of doing them consciously within the dream state that joltz you awake.
edit on 27-10-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle posted on 25-10-2012 @ 09:43 AM

The latest lucid dream I remember was odd:

...content deleted for short story...

anyway, i thought for sure the whirlpool would have us, as it was about 10 feet wide.
However, we managed to skip across somehow -- the wagon shape wasn't good for sailing and it just went over.

However at that moment, when I was sure we had gotten away, a tsunami came from the shore across from the whirlpool and doubled back toward us. By the time i saw it, it was about to crash over our heads. Actually it was not a curl, it was a swell. It carried us back toward the whirlpool and i knew we were going to die.

Then i woke up. not in terror like the emotional dreams, but invigorated and shocked.

Tsunami Warning issued on Pacific West Coast today

"Have you ever had a dream you were so sure was real?"
~the matrix

Tectonic Summary

M7.7 - 139km S of Masset, Canada
2012-10-28 03:04:10 UTC

The October 28th, 2012 (October 27 at the location of the epicenter) M 7.7 earthquake south of Masset, Canada, occurred as a result of oblique-thrust faulting near the plate boundary between the Pacific and North America plates. At the location of this event, the Pacific plate moves approximately north-northwest with respect to the North America plate at a rate of approximately 50 mm/yr.
edit on 28-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join