It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Wearing Gloves Really Mean You Are Sanitary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
The gloves only work if you know how to use them. From putting on the gloves to what you touch with them determines the effectiveness of contaminate free cooking. A major part of training for surgical assistants is the correct way to use gloves. Dont do what they do at subway and wear gloves to ring out people and then make a sandwich.

Jazz your so right ..... and even today in nursing homes, hospitals and other places you can watch people who transfer contamination from one place to the other .... People forget that MRSA once was found only in hospitals and nursing homes .... but healthcare providers carried it many other places ....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
I've never understood this concept of gloves making things sanitary. I've also never understood when they wear a hair net and facial hair net but then wear short sleeved shirts. I guess arm hair is good for you, but not facial hair or head hair. Wanna make yourself vomit in your mouth a little bit? Think of all the spit, snot, hair and other tasty treats you have ingested from eating out at restaurants over your lifetime. Kinda gross, huh?

edit on 24-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: added vomit face

Long hairs are noticeable in the food, but short hairs go down with ease.

The glove thing stems from doctors/surgeons and it does keep germs and bacteria off of patients, once the hands are sterilized and gloves placed on.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join