It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Maritime Cultures: China and the Pacific

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The second artwork in the OP DEFINITELY looks like it originated from China. I can tell because that is basically the 'honorary' position one takes to a superior.

The others...it doesn't seem like Chinese origin to me but who knows.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Check out some of the photo galleries at the Alaska Daily News and you'll see there's quite a bit of variety in their native populations, but plenty of them do look very East Asian. It's just phenotype of course, but it's interesting, eh?

www.adn.com...
www.adn.com...
www.adn.com...

The photos in the third link, the elders and youth conference, are really nice in that there are a lot of cultural performances, with native costume and dancing and masks and such.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

OK Harte....

Let me ask you straight out.

Is it plausible, possible or even conceivable that one of Ancient China's Emperors sent a group out or simply some Chinese group of explorers [for whatever reasons] may have made the trip to Central or South America at or around 300 B.C.?

Also, that, due to the internal strife in China that the records could have been lost?
edit on 27-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Harte

OK Harte....

Is it plausible, possible or even conceivable that one of Ancient China's Emperors sent a group out or simply some Chinese group of explorers [for whatever reasons] may have made the trip to Central or South America at or around 300 B.C.?

Also, that, due to the internal strife in China that the records could have been lost?

Sure.

But Meggars' work involved migrations occuring before China existed, IIRC.

She postulated that pottery found in Ecuador(?) was Jomon, I believe, a very interesting finding, if true.

Re any Chinese expedition to the New World, it would be great to have even a small amount of evidence for this. but we don't.

All we have is speculation. On the other hand, we have recently found more and new evidence of Viking travels to the New World.

Why is it we can find one but not the other?

Harte

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

OK Harte....

edit on 27-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Hi slayer, remember
" The mountains are high and the Emperor is far away" as the old Chinese adage goes. This describes the political climate of ruling the various kingdoms that made up ancient China. That is to say , that even though court documents will proclaim the king is ruler of all the world, the further you were from the royal court the less control the king had over day to day affairs.
Also "China" as we know it did not exist until Qin conquered, the states of Wu, Chu, Zhoa, Qi, Yan, and the three Jin, around 220 bc.
There was so much strife and conflict, that no one kingdom would have had the resources for a state sponsored expedition. And after the unification, that old adage would have never been more true.
And seeing as how Qin was at the arid western side of the area, a thousand miles from the ocean, I doubt that the Qin emperor had any interest in the ocean, or what lies beyond it , for that matter.
But that said it is not inconceivable, that the strife could have caused individuals to seek out new lands, ie. Korea and Japan, and have been washed to the new world. But a state sponsorsed effort with records is highly unlikely.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is a fairly well known Olmec stela from la venta. I've always pondered if it could have been some sort of stylized representation of a Chinese "Dragon boat"

interesting because it reminds me of a space ship,,,, dragon head flight, in a vessel reminds of something ive seen before

myan spaceship

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

i dont care if it was yesterday we are talking about, that ship IS INSANE, where do the aircraft go? oh i know they are probably stored down below? hehehe

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I had the same thoughts as you - about the headpiece looking like a helmet. The figure also has the 'handbag' item that has been featured in research and on ATS threads - as a technological device of some type.

I saw a ship but not the type that sails on top of the water - unless it sailed on water and flew. Hmmm....

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

interesting because it reminds me of a space ship,,,, dragon head flight, in a vessel reminds of something ive seen before

It reminds me of an underground drilll rig more than a space ship

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well with land bridge theories, I always wonder, couldn't it come back temporarily, gathered sand making a weak sand bar at some points or is it maybe also possible that there may have been freak storms that froze temporary bridges? Or maybe they might have even built their own land bridges, there are islands with man made land bridges that disappear with tides, I know in this case its a little more extreme but not completely out of the realm? Also could they not have made floating bridges made of reeds and what not, either way, I don't ever question whether we could or couldn't trade with other cultures. Massive trading ships would just make me wet my pants(well,maybe not hehe) the amount of things you could load/ unload would be insane.

We can see some cultures knew of large building making, so why not boats, I mean ship building is an art all on its own, but once you have a concept mastered its just trial and error from there, and if you have free resources (aka king says build this, it gets done, heh) the time for trial and error, and the man power to do such things, I believe its almost a given we had large ships. As for trade, I am a firm believer we traveled all over and traded with who ever we could. If you are a trader, go off to exotic lands and come back with something never before seen (an empty coke bottle or cap 8o) ) you could charge a small fortune even if its complete crap. If that's not enough incentive to risk life I don't know what is? Also take the fact that in most societies, you were stuck doing what your father/uncle did, and trading was one of the ways to get out of that (well for European anyway) if some cultures had a similar system, IM sure plenty of young would flock to trade/shipping/ship building just to get out of family business.

Also, it makes me wonder that if the Chinese are in on it if they arent helping just so they can sway the data and make it look like the other cultures came from them and not china coming from some back water island ^^ either way more funding is always better for what ever reason and who knows maybe more stuff will be found that will blow our minds. Year after year we keep finding wonderful stuff linking us all together, trade wise anyways, war on the other hand, IM sure was another factor for finding all the "other people" lol.

edit on 30-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: bunnies

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

It reminds me of an underground drilll rig more than a space ship

do you have a pic of one where a guy drives it, all i see are like tractor types, other than the nuclear drill types with diamond cone on front and i dont think anyone drives those do they?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

I am on a smart phone which is not that smart, so it is hard to supply photos, but, mini jumbo drill rigs would be a good search. Maybe tomorrow I will look at it a bit more in depth.

Also apparantly there are chinese genes in australian aborigines that go back over 1000 years. Only in a particular tribe though in south australia. I will also dig into that and provide some evidence.

edit on 30-10-2012 by magma because: grammer

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

This is a fairly well known Olmec stela from la venta. I've always pondered if it could have been some sort of stylized representation of a Chinese "Dragon boat"

No, it's the artwork on the cover of the sarcophagus of the Mayan ruler Pacal and is located in Palenque in southern Mexico.

The artwork shows Pacal falling through (or climbing up - the translation is unclear on that) the Mayan Tree of Life.

The stylized Tree of Life shown here appears in similar form in other Mayan reliefs.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

i didnt write that ^^ it was reply to slayer. still looks like a space ship hehe ^9

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Original quote and context....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My bad.

Learn to use the quote function or you might fool me again.

Harte

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Would like to add Waitaha lore from New Zealand has Chinese/Asian people within their Iwi/tribe, they were more mountain based than sea which i found interesting, source > Song of Waitaha , lsol

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
My bad.

Harte

Who are you directing this reply to?

You misquoted another member and directed your reply to a third.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
My bad.

Harte

Who are you directing this reply to?

You misquoted another member and directed your reply to a third.

I misquoted no one. The poster widowmaker actually was quoting you without using the quote function. Incidentally, I identified the cover of Pacal's sarcophagus and reported on what is depicted thereon.

The way the post was written, it appeared that widowmaker had misidentified the relic pictured.

I apologized in my next post.

It was this post that began it all.

Harte
edit on 11/9/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join