It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Benghazi attack suspect' dies in Cairo shootout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Another headscratcher...

An alleged suspect in the Benghazi attack, who was named as Hazem, was killed in Egypt..

www.bbc.uk

A man suspected of involvement in an attack on the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi last month has been killed in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, officials say.

The man was killed after an exchange of fire with security services in the Cairo suburb of Madinet Nasr.

Authorities named the man only as Hazem.

Anyone know who Hazem was? I don't think he will be able to identify himself..

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sounds backwards to me.

According to the Egyptian officials the suspect was cornered in a flat in Madinet Nasr early on Wednesday morning. He threw a bomb at the security forces, but it bounced back into the flat.

An exchange of fire with the security services then began and went on for several hours, local media reports say.

The suspect's burnt body was found in the property, along with weapons and explosive materials, officials say.

If the bomb burned the guy to a crisp, why was there a 2 hour gunfight after he threw the bomb

Could be a set up story to actually bring the guy into hiding.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That is very strange and very suspect~~~

As xuenchen stated, the article clearly does a poor job explaining what really went down.

Was he killed by the bomb [burnt body] or killed in the gun fire that lasted for several hours????

And who was this guy, really. Some poor schmuck that they picked off the street to be the fall guy?
And if so, why for what purpose?

Oh yeah, how convenient....[sarcasm]

[As you can tell, I'm just a tad bit suspicious]
edit on 24-10-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
he was on fire while shooting at the officials?
I mean, he throws the incendiary device, it ignites on fire, AND THEN the firefight erupts for several hours?

I think they messed up their target and made up a quick story to explain the gunfire and commotion in that part of Cairo, you know, create a bunch of conflicting stories for the public to soak up and spread to each other.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Prolly they picked up a homeless off the street and butchered him to keep the POTUS happy just in time for elections ?
all while the real suspect is safe?

new topics

top topics

join