It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman's son resigns after voter fraud video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Congressman's son resigns after voter fraud video

CBS news

The field director for Virginia Democratic Rep. Jim Moran - his son Patrick Moran - has resigned after being secretly recorded seemingly advising an conservative journalist masquerading as a supporter that utility bills could be used to aid in voter fraud.

"Patrick is well liked and was a well-respected member of the campaign team. This incident, however, was clearly an error in judgment," said a statement from Moran for Congress. "The campaign has accepted Patrick's resignation, effective immediately."............

Many of these "sting" stories are set ups as we know.

Some even use actors and fake identities.

But this one seems genuine.

I wonder if anyone who "took the advice" is having 2nd thoughts today ?

The undercover video comes from Project Veritas, which is led by group James O'Keefe - the activist whose undercover videos have caused serious headaches for ACORN, NPR and other groups. It shows a Project Veritas "investigator" telling Patrick Moran that he has a friend who is seeking to "get in a van" and vote on behalf of about 100 people. Patrick Moran responds with skepticism, but is later shown saying the person voting on behalf of others could potentially use "utility bills or something like that."

"He'll need bills," says Moran. "He'll need something with the name and their address on it." He adds, "they can fake a utility bill with ease, you know?"

related article

Congressman's son advises forging ID, relying on party lawyers

The son of Rep. Jim Moran, D-Va. – who serves as the field director for his father’s campaign – has been caught on video advising an undercover reporter how to fraudulently cast ballots in the name of registered voters by forging utility bills and relying on the assistance of Democrat lawyers.

James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas, known for its hidden-camera probe of the controversial national community organizing group tied to Obama, ACORN, carried out the investigation and provided the video exclusively to WND.

UPDATE: After this story was published today, Patrick Moran announced his immediate resignation from the Moran for Congress campaign. Click here for details.......

Video snags Dem boss plotting vote fraud

YouTube Caption:

"Effective immediately, I have resigned from the Moran for Congress campaign," Patrick Moran said in a statement to TPM sent from his campaign email address.

Watch our Project Veritas reporter being educated on how to properly commit massive voter fraud by the son of a sitting US Congressman. Patrick Moran, son of Congressman James Moran, discusses forging utility bills and impersonating pollsters, all for the goal of circumventing voter ID laws in Virginia and casting ballots for unsuspecting inactive voters within the state for Barack Obama. Patrick Moran holds the salaried title of Field Director for his father's congressional campaign, and assures our reporter that "committee" lawyers will defend his fraud if the forged documents "look good".

"@ProjectVeritas_ : Jim Moran's (D-Va.) Field Director Conspires to Commit Voter Fraud, Forge Docs"

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
wait, this was a democrat?

no way.

did not happen.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The undercover video comes from Project Veritas, which is led by group James O'Keefe

Bahaha, known hoaxer and entrapper of ignorant democratic staffers.

I hope you are not presenting this as a serious report
edit on 24-10-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

The undercover video comes from Project Veritas, which is led by group James O'Keefe

So someone else made him make those comments? This was recorded you know......

I love how the left is absolutely willing to let people like this off.........and also , once again......negligent in reporting it........

Let tagg romney say something stupid tho and they are all over it

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Who says I am apart of the left? I certainly didn't. Nice assumption

I am part of the side that doesn't accept bs from things like this. You go ahead though. I care less

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You can tell this guy doesnt want to get his hands dirty, but at the same time giving advice on how to committ voter fraud.

Watch the video and he says it himself. What more do you want people?

Thanks for bringing this to light OP.

More fraud comming out of Obama headquarters.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Who says I am apart of the left? I certainly didn't. Nice assumption

I am part of the side that doesn't accept bs from things like this. You go ahead though. I care less

Well judging by your flat out dismissal despite the facts, its clear that you could care less.......thats part of the problem i was speaking about

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
James O'Keefe. Enough said no news here.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
America can be summarized in two words: Bannana Republic.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

yes , despite the fact that its all true and he was caught red handed on tape.........itsthe other guys fault....

No wonder America is where it is, peoples logic and accountability has gone out the window.........

If a cop buys drugs off me then busts me, its not his fault......its my fault for selling them.......

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

That isnt the issue James O'keefe does one thing and one thing well, severely and selectively edit video. Every single one of his "videos" has turned out to be a blatant and completely edited video lie. This will be the same it will be found to have been heavily edited and utter garbage.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I wonder why CBS, The Moran Campaign and the Son haven't called that out ?

Instead the Son suddenly surrenders and resigns.

Unless that is B.S. ?

CBS is reporting this story.

Strange.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Because either way he was an idiot for playing along enough to give the jack wagon enough to edit. IT is just simpler at this point to resign and let the courts deal with it. In the current climate the slightest scent of wrong doing and you are better off to just walk away.
edit on 24-10-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I would like to say that this is unbelievable, and watching the edited portion, still had my doubts, but watching the entire unedited segment, I am just pissed.

This is my state. Moran has been a lifer in Congress.. and his son, who should have told this plant to take a friggin hike from the get go, stayed interested, offered assistance, and said he respected the plant's effort.

IMO.. skip the edited part and go straight to the raw segment.. and no matter what political spectrum you may hang your hat on, if you can say that what took place in regards to Moran's son, is acceptable, you are part of the problem.

edit on Wed, 24 Oct 2012 23:43:58 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
A snippet from the Washington Post article..

www.washingtonpost.com

...In a statement, Patrick Moran, 23, said: “In reference to the ‘O’Keefe’ video, at no point have I, or will I ever endorse any sort of illegal or unethical behavior. At no point did I take this person seriously. He struck me as being unstable and joking, and for only that reason did I humor him.

“In hindsight, I should have immediately walked away, making it clear that there is no place in the electoral process for even the suggestion of illegal behavior: joking or not. In regards to my position on the campaign, I have stepped down because I do not want to be a distraction during this year’s critical election.”

Looks like Pat sought the assistance of an Attorney for the statement.. sure doesn't sound like the guy in the video..

Local news clip can be seen here:

www.wjla.com...

edit on Thu, 25 Oct 2012 00:25:32 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
You can tell this guy doesnt want to get his hands dirty, but at the same time giving advice on how to committ voter fraud.

Watch the video and he says it himself. What more do you want people?

Thanks for bringing this to light OP.

More fraud comming out of Obama headquarters.

Yes, it's the "ends justify the means" crowd. Anything to get their favorite Progressive another term.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

That must be why he resigned, because it's not true. I know you like to think your team is perfect and the other team is all dirty, let me assure you, your team is just as bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

No I don't believe my "team" is perfect by any strech of the imagination. But when it has anything to do with Mr. O'keefe it is the same as watching pro wrestling. His own track record and history have tainted anything else he can come up with. He is a fraud that makes his living PT Barnum style, selling the unbelievable to the right wing suckers.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You probably blame battered woman for getting beat because they "baited" their boyfriend.
edit on 25-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

No I don't believe my "team" is perfect by any strech of the imagination. But when it has anything to do with Mr. O'keefe it is the same as watching pro wrestling. .

Why, because left wing sites have been brainwashing you in to believing it's all just a big ruse by Okeefe? Everything he's tapes has been real. You just choose to close your eyes and plug your ears, while leftists convince you it never happened.

Sad....I never thought i'd see this level of delusion from my fellow country men.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join