It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 year old girl selling virginity for charity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline
reply to post by jhn7537

Doesn't matter what I, you, or anyone else thinks for that matter. She can do what she wants as long as she isn't hurting anyone. That is the problem with the world, everyone has their morally biased nose all up in everyone else's business. Personal freedom should never be infringed and looked down upon if that individual is not harming another individual.

well that's true, but you have to draw the line some where.
come back and tell us what you think if you have a daughter that decides to follow her example.

edit on 24-10-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Really, you want to go there?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by seabhac-rua

In this instance you're only a hypocrite if you've done prostitution yourself and are judging this girl...

Well depending on what your version of a prostitute is, like I said I know a whole generation of girls who enter into loveless relationships for the financial benefits, do the men they sleep with actually hand them cash? No, but......

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

By the way, she has not even chosen a charity to which she's going to donate to build these houses..or atleast hasn't made it public if she has..

Although Migliorini, a physical education student, has claimed to media that she planned to donate as much as 90 percent of the auction price to charities that will build homes in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina, even auction organizer Justin Sisely, who devised the plan for a proposed documentary, was skeptical.
"I was surprised she said that because in all my dealings with her, she made it clear that it was a business decision for her," Australian filmmaker Justin Sisely told The Huffington Post recently. "Now, given how big this story is in Brazil, she's trapped. If she doesn't give any money to charity, she's going to look bad."

So I guess we will have to wait and see if she really does donate.. Poor counterpart of hers only got bid on for $3,000, is it not odd a couple both decided to auction themselves for money for charity, yet haven't even chosen a charity yet? We will see I suppose..

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

In this instance you're only a hypocrite if you've done prostitution yourself and are judging this girl...

Well depending on what your version of a prostitute is, like I said I know a whole generation of girls who enter into loveless relationships for the financial benefits, do the men they sleep with actually hand them cash? No, but......

Those girls who date guys twice their age at least have a relationship with the guys they sleep with. They go date each other, just a big age gap... The girl in this story has no relationship, she is just giving herself to the highest bidder. That's where I see the difference

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think so many people are caught up in the sensationalism of the story here.

Why are so many members talking about her proving her virginity and suggesting that she have it proven? It's right there in the article:

"Natsu" will be tested for sexually transmitted diseases before getting his big shot with Migliorini aboard a plane flying between Australia and the U.S. -- Sisely's attempt to circumvent prostitution laws. Migliorini will also undergo an examination to prove she is as pure as the driven snow -- before the actual driving commences.

Now my opinion:

She can do whatever the hell she wants as long as she is not hurting anyone. It's her body and no Govt., Church, Civic Group or even a parent has the right to stop her.

What I don't understand is that we have the right to mutilate our bodies with piercings, tattoos, scarring or whatever. But she doesn't have the right to sell her virginity? It's her body.

We have too many laws in the World telling us what we can and cannot do with our own bodies.

Now what if the situation were reversed?

What if some young guy did the same and got this type of money at the age of 20? A one time thing for charity. Would so many people be up in arms? I highly doubt it. In fact I believe he would have a cheering section.

But no, the guy who did the same didn't get as much money and so didn't get as much coverage:

The news wasn't so good for her male counterpart, Alex Stepanov, whose virginity only racked up $3,000 from a woman in Brazil named "Nene B."

Ok for him but not for her? Is it because of the different price tag or the male/female issue?

Anyhoo...

I applaud her for coming up with this idea to give unselfishly to others.

But that's me...

Peace

edit on 24-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

reply to post by jhn7537

Doesn't matter what I, you, or anyone else thinks for that matter. She can do what she wants as long as she isn't hurting anyone. That is the problem with the world, everyone has their morally biased nose all up in everyone else's business. Personal freedom should never be infringed and looked down upon if that individual is not harming another individual.

come back and tell us what you think if you have a daughter that decides to follow her example.

A parents perspective is always gonna be "my little angel this, and my little angel that" If most parents knew what their little angels got up to they'd probably puke on the spot.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
For the people who respond with "as long as she isn't hurting anyone, I'm okay with it".... Do you feel the same way toward a drug addict who uses but never hurts anyone? And I'm not talking about simple weed, but hard drugs like Meth, crack, heroin...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
refer to my post below -->
edit on 10/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

reply to post by jhn7537

A parents perspective is always gonna be "my little angel this, and my little angel that" If most parents knew what their little angels got up to they'd probably puke on the spot.

my point exactly.
you know shoe other foot.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
most disgusting thread of the day

notting personal but no star and flag

I'm not a star or flag wh*re so I'm perfectly fine with that.... Read, enjoy, share, be disgusted, all the above... The story captured my attention because it had charity involved with the prostitution so i was perplexed and decided to share it with ATS

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Those girls who date guys twice their age at least have a relationship with the guys they sleep with. They go date each other, just a big age gap... The girl in this story has no relationship, she is just giving herself to the highest bidder. That's where I see the difference

Well, as far as I'm concerned they aint no better than hookers, do they go for the highest bidder? You better believe it. And what is a 'relationship' anyway? It can mean anything.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I honestly don't get the obsession of virgins. And to pay so much for inexperience?

I wouldn't pay a chef who has never cooked before thousands of dollars.

I wouldn't pay a construction worker who has never built anything thousands of dollars.

I wouldn't pay a surgeon who has never operated on anyone thousands of dollars.

I don't get it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Well, as far as I'm concerned they aint no better than hookers, do they go for the highest bidder? You better believe it. And what is a 'relationship' anyway? It can mean anything.

Really? You don't see any difference between a girl who dates an older guy and a prostitute who is whoring herself out on some corner (or in this case on a auction site)???

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

For the people who respond with "as long as she isn't hurting anyone, I'm okay with it".... Do you feel the same way toward a drug addict who uses but never hurts anyone? And I'm not talking about simple weed, but hard drugs like Meth, crack, heroin...

I'm not trying to single you out and argue with you

But if somebody wants to destroy themselves with hard drugs I think you should let em. I know it sounds bad but I mean it, I know a lot of junkies through my work in the past, I've nothing against these people, but the idea of intervening in their addictions, to me, the word futile is all I can say.

People should be allowed complete responsibility for their actions and their bodies and only given help if they ask for it, that's my belief.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hey, no need to explain... When I start a thread I open myself up to all arguments, it kind of comes with the territory... And its debating a topic, I enjoy that and thats the reason why I come to ATS

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Really? You don't see any difference between a girl who dates an older guy and a prostitute who is whoring herself out on some corner (or in this case on a auction site)???

If said girl is simply after the wealth that comes with the relationship the I see no real difference, but our society does, and in reality at it's core our society is immoral but wears the mask of propriety.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

For the people who respond with "as long as she isn't hurting anyone, I'm okay with it".... Do you feel the same way toward a -redacted- who uses but never hurts anyone? -redacted for T&C boundaries-

Completely, just like you those people throughout history that were doing what you mentioned in the redacted section, well, they should have just been put to death or jailed indefinitely.

When are people going to smarten up!

/sarcasm

William Stewart Halsted (September 23, 1852 – September 7, 1922) was an American surgeon who emphasized strict aseptic technique during surgical procedures, was an early champion of newly discovered anesthetics, and introduced several new operations, including the radical mastectomy for breast cancer.

www.druglibrary.org...

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900) was an Irish writer and poet. After writing in different forms throughout the 1880s, he became one of London's most popular playwrights in the early 1890s.

en.wikipedia.org...

Plenty more in that pool of misfits and delinquents...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
most disgusting thread of the day

notting personal but no star and flag

I'm not a star or flag wh*re so I'm perfectly fine with that.... Read, enjoy, share, be disgusted, all the above... The story captured my attention because it had charity involved with the prostitution so i was perplexed and decided to share it with ATS

i should have said .. shocking thread
her virginity should only be sold to the love of her life
not to a creepy greedy old rich dude that only care about hey body like an object

if i had that sort of money .. i would have give it to her
and said now give your virginity to a guy who really really love you from the inside first

yes i have realised my mistake .. just saw that she was doing that for charity
this quote from you confused me a bit on the start

Well, it looks like we have another case of a girl selling her virginity for money

SNF in that case .. very touching story that she will give all that money away
she is sacrifying a lot just to help people in need .. not for her
not many would have do that today
edit on 10/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

if i had that sort of money .. i would have give it to her
and said now give your virginity to a guy who really really love you from the inside first

Pretty sure this Japanese guy is going to "love her from the inside".

-

Anyhow, it's a moot point. Either girls regret losing their virginity right away, or they do years later after realizing the guy they thought was perfect isn't so perfect.

About half of women surveyed in 26 countries regret losing their virginity. Thanks for using ChaCha!

www.chacha.com...

The amount of people that even marry or stay with their frist love/relationship is drastically low:

Only 5-10% of people marry their high school sweethearts or first loves. Thank You for using ChaCha!

www.chacha.com...

You can probably shut off the 5th season of 7th Heaven now...
edit on 24-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join