It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMP weapon tested over UTTR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Cruising fast over the Western Utah Desert, a lone missile makes history at the Utah Test and Training Range. The missile, known as CHAMP, or Counter-electronics High-powered Advanced Missile Project may one day change modern warfare, by defeating electronic targets with little or no collateral damage.

bcove.me...

www.boeing.com...

Well there may be a need for those tin foil hats after all.

Note one person was interviewed under a B-52, so that B-2 in the animation is more likely than not fiction as far as the test goes.
edit on 24-10-2012 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
very interesting...
I wonder what effect this weapon would have on equipment housed in a room-sized faraday cage....

edit on 24-10-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Well in theory, in a Faraday cage, there would be no effect. Also RF is poor in penetrating the earth, though it is a function of frequency. Lower frequencies penetrate better. The same goes for submarine communications.

Years ago some student from MIT tested out Al foil hats and came to the conclusion that the foil increased the RF to the head. It didn't make much sense to me, and I suspect a measurement error.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by Elostone

Years ago some student from MIT tested out Al foil hats and came to the conclusion that the foil increased the RF to the head. It didn't make much sense to me, and I suspect a measurement error.

A tin foil hat is totally useless with the ground lead. Any true whacko would know what...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Well actually the Faraday cage doesn't have to be grounded. You could be in a floating cage.

Here is the MIT study:
berkeley.intel-research.net...

I have to assume this is measurement error. I doesn't matter that the network analyzer cost $250k (which I doubt). The thing to bear in mind with instrumentation is that no matter what you do, you get a number. But that doesn't mean the test was done correctly.

When they test chambers for TEMPEST, they put the source inside the chamber and measure on the outside. The MIT guys did it the other way. In theory, both should work, but I know the government does it as I stated. Often this works to the bases disadvantage since that means someone is on base with a spectrum analyzer. You never know what they might find.

Incidentally, there is no mode-s on that NASA B-52, so I can't trace it remotely. But Edwards did do some directed energy tests in the past south of South Base.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I dont think you block a magnetic force which is the point of an EMP.
edit on 25-10-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am dropping onto your astute thread here to say that its not a huge surprise to me they do this emp jazz very adeptly.

They knocked out my vehicle with one of their "specialized drones" on a trip in 2010 and I mentioned in other posts that I had pissed someone off in gov affiliation to get that treatment.

I knew the moment it happened practically anyways so they did not exacly stun me with the treatment.

The emp i had hit the truck I was in did no perma fry the electronics as it started right up inside of 2 min.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's not some new technology... Israel has it and in some future time may decide to use it against Iran. Which may cause an almost war.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

It's not some new technology... Israel has it and in some future time may decide to use it against Iran. Which may cause an almost war.

Without technical details on what was tested at the UTTR, any commentary on the technology is pure speculation. Hence I reserved judgement and simply dealt with the facts as they were given, rather than just make something up.

For instance, a strong radar pulse can cause similar havoc as shown in the demo. Some websites now claim the test device was a microwave transmitter and not an EMP generator. Note that an EMP is broadband, while radar is narrow band.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Brother they came at me with an actual ship soon after that in texas and it is the full working version of emp they mount to their interceptor type ships not some beefy radar trick.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Iran is the perfect scenario where Non-Nuclear EMP devises would be used. This would allow the ability for U.S. Special Forces as well as Airborne Rangers to seize Iranian Nuclear sites as well as render inert any Heavy Iranian Counter attack. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Jam brother thats what I say its the new hotness and the North Koreas and Irans have not got the counters so its looking damned good for us as a nation.

I never gave up on this nations abilities but when I saw then in action in one way or another I realized that maybe We have # under control...it does alot for a mind.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It makes sense to build the weapons and deny the level of sophistication. Imagine fighting a larger military force and right before the troops go in you drop one of those leaving all their electronics dead. Even more so with research into more reliable electronic firing mechanisms for guns.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This test has finally made news on the www.nationalterroralert.com... website....
only two months later here's the link to the article
:
vr-zone.com...

top topics

join