It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
People believe in Jesus because since the infancy of mankind we needed a reason for why things happen or why we exist. Jesus and Christianity are just rehashed, revised versions of Paganism which are in turn rehashed, revised versions of Ancient Egyptian mythology, and the cycle continues all the way back to the first homo-sapien to think of this idea. It's been engrained in our genetic make-up to believe in such fairy tales. The alien concept is new to the scene, relatively speaking of course. If we would of started out believing that aliens are the reason for our being instead of some supernatural deity the concept of Jesus would be mocked and ridiculed like those who believe in extraterrestrials and alien abduction are today. I find it quite amusing that Jesus freaks think the entire universe was created just for them. I've always said and will continue to say that if humans did not exist neither would God or Jesus, but the universe, the universe would still be here in all it's glory.
edit on 24-10-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by sd211212
. If i were to say I dont believe jesus's story to a christian I would be ridiculed and told I was going to hell for not believing a story about a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago.

I don't believe Jesus's story, and people haven't told me I was going to hell for that.

It depends where you are in the world if you believe in God. In the former East Germany, only 13% believe in God. SOURCE

I think the point being made is IF you do believe in God no one is laughing or calling you crazy in general.

If you "see and angel" you won't even get laughed at. Try an alien in the same context.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

yesw thats the point. We have been conditioned to believe those stories. And we have been conditioned to deny anything related to the ufo phenomenon. Scientists (a small section of them) are actually now entertaining the idea. Which should have happened a long time ago. We dont know everything about this world or space or dimensions. We recently found out the earth was flat , we found microwaves, gammarays xrays. What else do we not see nor hear. I actually do believe in Jesus and his stories. I believe he was trying to tell us about these things back then. He said we were gods and you dont even know it. He told people they were healed by THEIR" belief. He said if we wanted the mountain to move then we could just say move and it would fall into the sea. So Im hoping in my lifetime the so called nuts are somewhat proven right. It would be nice to have definitive proof for the masses to see.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by Char-Lee

Yes they were supposed to have been there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

when I say I believe in Jesus it means I believe he was an alien sent to teach us something. Maybe to be more civilized maybe to show us powers that we have. Maybe it didnt sink in!! maybe thats why the aliens have showed up again to reboot us. LOL

Thanks for the responses.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

"I don't believe Jesus's story, and people haven't told me I was going to hell for that. "

You havent said it to the right person yet . or they were just silently praying for you at that time. LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Gospels are eyewitness accounts?????

no they are not. they were not written by the disciples but were written by someone who heard the story. I believe Thomas might be the closest to a eyewitness account. Maybe by is it 30 -50 years after Jesus death.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Char-Lee

Yes they were supposed to have been there.

I am sorry but there are no writings that have been found, that were written anytime near the time that Jesus was to have been alive.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Dear sd211212,

"You CANNOT receive the Eucharist" that is the most inane insane thing. If your not catholic you need to go to classes to recieve a wafer that the priest "Magically" changes into the body of christ. Keep giving to the pedophile gatekeepers. You would be amazed what has been documented and how those men of god treated the victims of their abuse. It wasnt just a few it was the whole organizaton from the very top. The ST John Paul II is on fire as we speak for his sins.

The above is a quote from you on some previous thread. Nope, you sure would never bait; however, you do overgeneralize when it comes to religion. There is very little in this thread other than anti-Christian banter from the same old cast of charachters.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens handed down the story of Jesus, Mohommad, Buddha, etc. Who knows. Yes, today I watched the same program. You could tell they obviously were traumatized by the event. There is so much more going on in our little section of the galaxy. Yet only those that have had the experience believe. The rest of us are skeptics. Perhaps we should take things on face value when lie detector tests show no deception and the absolute fear you see on their faces recounting their story.

If that truly happened to me, I would be in a nuthouse.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Just watched the Travis Walton story on Paranormal witness. I have never seen what the other eyewitnesses believed or heard their stories. Travis has been made out to be a hoaxter, liar, delusional etc... Watching the emotions from his co-workers was moving. Especially the boss and the shy guy. dont know their names but apparently this event traumatized each and every one of them. I thought the Sheriff actually finally believed these guys but to this day he does not . He still believes it was made up and Travis hid out for a few days. Now they should get an academy award for that show. They showed raw emotion. So back to the Sheriff. Im sure if i were to ask if he believed everything in the bible and the story of Jesus he would say of course. Jesus walked the earth, cured people, died and rose, came back to the disciples etc... but aliens nope!!!!!!!! Its wild. If i had not had the experienvces I have had in my life them i would be skeptical too. Im skeptical of the jesus story the way it has been told deciphered whatever. It isnt even a eye witness testimony it is stories handed down over generation and then written. Why do people have such a hard time believing paranormal stuff when in all essence Jesus, if he existed, was an ALIEN????????????
edit on 24-10-2012 by sd211212 because: (no reason given)

While it's true that some Christians are unable to accept "aliens" there are others that understand the phenomenon and even study it in depth. I made a video that addresses some of these topics as a Christian www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
More related to UFOs than abductions, but since those two topics are rarely distinguished here this kind of applies to the discussion:

edit on 24-10-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Why is this so hard to believe?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by gavron

Not excluding anything. The question is why are witnesses to paranormal or out of the ordinary events dismissed as nuts or delusional, but belief in Jesus is the norm. If i were to say I dont believe jesus's story to a christian I would be ridiculed and told I was going to hell for not believing a story about a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago. But there is no proof of him walking this earth.

What would you call Jesus time on earth if not paranormal? He exorcised demons... That is a tad paranormal, don't you think?

I can't speak for all Christians, but from my own point of view: The reason I am skeptical of alien abductions is not that I don't believe aliens could exist, nor is it because I don't believe people who report abductions are lying. It's because the abduction phenomenon has more in common with the paranormal than it does with physical reality. In essence, you've already answered your own question (you just didn't realize it).

There are many Christians out there who feel the idea of life on other planets is incompatible with Christian theology. I am not one of them. However, I don't feel the abduction phenomenon is a result of physical aliens coming to earth from distant star systems to study human beings. Scientists far smarter than I have drawn the same conclusion (see some of J Allen Hynek's work, or Jacque Vallee's books).

The issue is far more complicated than you might think.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

All valid questions. Again the point of the thread is why are people who claim to have seen aliens, ufos etc.. labeled nuts or the topic is taboo . Scientists cant even say they study the phenomena. Maybe it finally is going to get a forum and be studied. Things are happening to people. it is not all sleep paralysis, delusions etc... There is some wierd #. and it should be studied. Not all thwe stories but ones that are credible and there are many of them. Maybe society is easing up on the taboo aspect a little. But dont dare talk about it in a professional matter bbecause you may be looking for another jobs.

This was not to beat up on christianity. it was more of how we are conditioned. We are told what to think. We are told laws of physics wont allow us to travel to other solar systems. It is until we get brave souls to push the envelope so to say, that new things are discovered. We are told aliens do not exist and just the word UFO creates an image in our mind, conspiracy does the same.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Why is this so hard to believe?

Thats awesome I would put that on my FB page but I was born and raised Catholic and have baptist in laws. Might cath some heat for that

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If Jesus existed he was certainly NOT human. A human being is created when a male and female breed (rather classically or through modern medical techniques) Jesus was allegedly born of a virgin. So, either his mother Mary is a liar and she got impregnated by another man and told Joseph it was an "angel" OR something a human at that time would consider "angelic" must have (in order to create life) either physically put the life into her himself or performed some sort of medical technique to create that life.

If we are to believe the original story from the bible, then it is no different than belief in a modern extraterrestrial presence. Based on testimony. OP, I find the Jesus was alien story to be more feasible than they idea of a divine conception via only spirit. After all, someone had to put the genetic material to make a baby into that woman... and if it wasn't a human than it must have been close to one.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You know that's a damn good question and one i should pose to others to see them think. They haven't seen Jesus.. no one alive has. So how do we know he's real? And if you are going to say he is in fact a reality and then how are they going to shrug off the UFO phenom which is as just as credible as theirs?

Not taking sides just bringing that up.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Dear TheSparrowSings,

Sure is a good thing that we cannot make babies in test tubes without the people having to actually have sex. Oh, wait, we can and have and do. You are very behind on your science. More interestingly, why are so many people off topic and don't even make an attempt to hide it? Where is your discussion of aliens?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by sd211212

The gospels of John and Matthew are supposed to be eyewitness accounts of his life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join