It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I Wanna believe can anyone help Me guys ?!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

I apologise in advance for not really contributing to this forum, but this has got to be the most ridiculous subject header I have ever come across... Needed to get that off my chest

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I gues this is very hard for people to believe in .

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by arabiantheorist
reply to post by sd211212

Greetings People , Peace and blessing to you all , i got some questions , iam new to this website , well my religion is islam , and it doesnt forbids the existence of aliens , In Sura 42,Verse 29 (42:29) of the Quran,we are told, "Among His (God's) signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth,and the living creatures that He has scattered through them :and He has power to gather them together when He wills. So what i mean , i need some clear evidences to believe in them , i actually love to believe in them , so please any help ?

The bible doesn't "forbid the existence of aliens" either, as far as I can tell.

The OP has chosen to make his point by the example of believing that Jesus is the son of God, but he might as well have just said "any religious belief", which includes the Quran.

The Quran is just as fictitious as the Bible, or any other religious belief.

If you, as you say, "require clear evidence" to believe in "them", then perhaps you should start with requiring clear evidence for your belief in the Quran. It cuts both ways.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

But I wont Some clear logical scientific evidences to believe in them . i got my quran scientific reasons to believe in . just google the Scientific Miracles in quran ,,, .. well thats my evidence to believe in my religion and to believe in christanity ,,, but in order to compare as the OP said the believe in jesus and the believe of abduction of aliens is no sense ! Just give me some good evidences ... then i will be a really easy believer , because i dont find them impossible ...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by arabiantheorist
reply to post by nv4711

But I wont Some clear logical scientific evidences to believe in them . i got my quran scientific reasons to believe in . just google the Scientific Miracles in quran ,,, .. well thats my evidence to believe in my religion and to believe in christanity ,,, but in order to compare as the OP said the believe in jesus and the believe of abduction of aliens is no sense ! Just give me some good evidences ... then i will be a really easy believer , because i dont find them impossible ...

Ok then, since I have nothing better to do right now, I might as well take the bait.

To clear something up: I don't believe in alien abductions. In my opinion, the evidence for it is spurious and unconvincing. However, I much less ( as in "not at all" ) believe in any Religion, no matter which one.

Therefore, I am not really the guy to present you with evidence of alien abduction. But, since you insist that you have "scientific reasons" to believe in the Quran, but dismiss the alien abduction accounts, I'll be happy to play the "advocatus diaboli".

Let me start with the fact, or problem, that you can't have scientific facts that support the veracity of the Quran. I say that because it is impossible to have true scientific inquiry as far as the Quran is concerned. Questioning the truthfulness of the Quran is, as we all know from experience, threatened with the penalty of death. So, please be prepared that your Prophet will be challenged, and don't go out and torch an embassy because of this discussion.

Now, since you're making the claim that you have scientific evidence that makes you believe in the Quran, please present it. Please make specific claims and provide the evidence for the claims. Also, please provide references. Bear in mind that evidence based on Tradition, Authority or Revelation does not qualify as scientific evidence, let alone proof. In addition, briefly explain what parts of the Alien Abduction Hypothesis you find not to be believable.

Now that we (ok, I ) have set the ground rules..... Play Ball!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think it's because people are ignorant and they will conform to the opinion of the masses rather than to the opinion of a minority of people. Conformity is something that happens in everyday life and it has been proven in various studies throughout history. I also think people do not want to believe in aliens and the abduction phenomena so widely associated with them because if it was found to be true it would mean religion and people's belief systems would be blown wide open.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join