It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Re......frickin.....donkulous .... Dont ever put Jesus and aliens in the same frickin comparative sentence.... Wow..... God shall smite you....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Why is this so hard to believe?

Well, because what you posted isn't what any Christian believes?

No one was created "in original sin". People CHOOSE to sin. If you are going to mock people (as someone in this thread claims no one does to Christians...), then at least be accurate.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

My question is why are you worried about what other people believe? The only thing you should worry about is what YOU believe in.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by sd211212
reply to post by gavron

Not excluding anything. The question is why are witnesses to paranormal or out of the ordinary events dismissed as nuts or delusional, but belief in Jesus is the norm. If i were to say I dont believe jesus's story to a christian I would be ridiculed and told I was going to hell for not believing a story about a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago. But there is no proof of him walking this earth.

As for proof of Jesus, there are, in fact, historical documents showing a very real person, of the correct time, as He is described. There are literally hundreds of eye-witness reports, and you cannot simply dismiss those because they are older, any more than you would dismiss other historical eyewitnesses. After all, that is what the bulk of our history is based on. If the reports, for example, of Travis Walton are credible in your eyes (and I really can't make up my mind on his case), then other reports should be equally considered as possibly credible.

Virtually all scholars accept the existence of Jesus, but differ on the accuracy of the details of his life within the biblical narratives.[5][116] The Christ myth theory is still being debated in the 21st century, with Graham Stanton stating in 2002 that the most thorough analysis of the theory had been by G. A. Wells.[117] But Wells' book Did Jesus Exist? was criticized by James D.G. Dunn in his book The Evidence for Jesus.[118] And the debates continue, e.g. Wells changed his views over time and while he used to argue that there was no historical evidence supporting the existence of Jesus, he later modified his position, and in his later book The Jesus Myth accepted the possible existence of Jesus based on historical sources, although still disputing the gospel portrayals of his life.[119][120][121][122] Robert Van Voorst states that among "New Testament scholars and historians the theory of the non-existence of Jesus remains effectively dead as a scholarly question".[119][120]

It would seem to me that there is a preponderance of research on this subject of the existance of Jesus.

Indeed there is, but people still want to pretend that He's not real. Nice source, TY.

I could understand people not accepting that He's God, because that's a faith issue, but claiming there is no proof of Him as a person, and then claiming we have proof of abductions? ALL we have, as far as I have seen, are witness accounts. I won't say there isn't anything to those stories, but there isn't anything like the evidence in favor of the Bible. Not sure what the issue is in this thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

reply to post by gavron

As for proof of Jesus, there are, in fact, historical documents showing a very real person, of the correct time, as He is described. There are literally hundreds of eye-witness reports, and you cannot simply dismiss those because they are older, any more than you would dismiss other historical eyewitnesses. After all, that is what the bulk of our history is based on. If the reports, for example, of Travis Walton are credible in your eyes (and I really can't make up my mind on his case), then other reports should be equally considered as possibly credible.

It's ironic that you want to dismiss a book that actually speaks of things "not normal", and still claim that those believing that book are all mistaken.

Maybe he was a "real" person, but the story is definitely NOT accurate.
There are various historical "Sons of God" with similar story lines. I'm sorry if this upsets people.
Please read the link 10 Christ Like figures who predate Jesus.

The truth is the truth. Why add more value to the Jesus story??

edit on 26-10-2012 by halfmanhalfamazing because: Link

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

reply to post by gavron

It's ironic that you want to dismiss a book that actually speaks of things "not normal", and still claim that those believing that book are all mistaken.

Maybe he was a "real" person, but the story is definitely NOT accurate.
There are various historical "Sons of God" with similar story lines. I'm sorry if this upsets people.
Please read the link 10 Christ Like figures who predate Jesus.

The truth is the truth. Why add more value to the Jesus story??

edit on 26-10-2012 by halfmanhalfamazing because: Link

No, there are claims of such stories, but none is accurate. They build off older "sources" that have no sources, and off lies and misconceptions. I know there is a lot of info out there on such claims, and I have actually read quite a bit of it, but it's not accurate.

As for Jesus, and who He really is, as I stated before, that is a matter of faith. It's up to you to decide for yourself. Personally, I consider Jesus to be God. To be the one that died in my place. One that loves us more than we can know. To you, he may just be a historical figure. I can't change your mind. I would recommend reading the Bible, and being open to possibilities, but again, that is your choice.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I look at the story as we chose to evolve spiritually. In the garden where everything was perfect we had no choices, no growth. It was heaven on earth, however we were kinda condemned to never grow or mature. No choices all roses. The polarity we chose granted us free will to choose between something. The "devil" seen we were stuck in a beautiful but stagnant garden where we would never "bloom" Suffering teaches us. All roses = no suffering.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

No, there are claims of such stories, but none is accurate. They build off older "sources" that have no sources, and off lies and misconceptions. I know there is a lot of info out there on such claims, and I have actually read quite a bit of it, but it's not accurate.

Where are you sources for these claims? So are you saying the story of Horus is false?? I think you need to check your sources because they are wrong.
Please see freethoughtnation.com...
How are the sources that describe Jesus more accurate???

As for Jesus, and who He really is, as I stated before, that is a matter of faith. It's up to you to decide for yourself. Personally, I consider Jesus to be God. To be the one that died in my place. One that loves us more than we can know. To you, he may just be a historical figure. I can't change your mind. I would recommend reading the Bible, and being open to possibilities, but again, that is your choice.

I have read the Bible and you are absolutely right. it is a matter of faith... blind faith. You are also right when you say you cant change my mind. I have seen the evidence. I was brought up Catholic. I have made up my mind

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyParadoxicalSelf
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I look at the story as we chose to evolve spiritually. In the garden where everything was perfect we had no choices, no growth. It was heaven on earth, however we were kinda condemned to never grow or mature. No choices all roses. The polarity we chose granted us free will to choose between something. The "devil" seen we were stuck in a beautiful but stagnant garden where we would never "bloom" Suffering teaches us. All roses = no suffering.

Interesting point of view, but there isn't any indication that Adam and Eve had no choices. In fact, the only restrictions we are told they had were to not eat fruit from two trees. Seems to leave a lot of options open, and they had a whole new world to explore. Sounds like a great deal to me! The devil wanted to be God, and wanted to pull people down with him. I would not personally call it "evolving" to choose to reject love and a perfect world for sin and death and destruction.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

Where are you sources for these claims? So are you saying the story of Horus is false?? I think you need to check your sources because they are wrong.
Please see freethoughtnation.com...
How are the sources that describe Jesus more accurate???

I have read the Bible and you are absolutely right. it is a matter of faith... blind faith. You are also right when you say you cant change my mind. I have seen the evidence. I was brought up Catholic. I have made up my mind

There are tons of sources that refute those claims, and show where the errors lie. No one is stating that this or that false god was never talked about, but that they were not the same, or close to the same, as stories about Jesus. Those claims are the false ones. Other gods (note the small "g") that were nothing like Jesus are now discussed as being "the same" by people that now want to make Jesus less credible. The parallels talked about don't exist.

Faith, yes. Blind? No. I know my Savior. Maybe you should avoid the catholic issues, and just read a Bible for yourself? Try a KJV. There is a lot (according to a formerly Catholic friend of mine) that the CC teaches that doesn't agree with the Bible. A lot that many churches teach these days isn't Biblical.

I could tell you stories, some things I have seen firsthand, some I know from close friends, that are truly amazing, but they won't convince you if you choose not to believe. I can understand how, in light of some of the scandals these days, a person would doubt. I would simply caution against judging who Jesus is based on the actions of people. But again, your option. Happy to discuss the issues, though.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Alien books don't have all those great insights and rules for life. So there you have it. The bestseller book of all time wins the popularity contest.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
God, Jesus... Religion... Ever played Chinese whispers in primary school? One message starts and by the time that particular message reaches the final person it’s hugely different, ironically often amusingly different. The main purpose of the game is to teach young kids mostly how messages passed through indirect communication become distorted. Practical points of it are to show what happens when one tries to spread rumours/gossip about another. I firmly believe that is what has happened with Jesus. A man of his name may have existed, but throughout the past 2,000 years that story has been greatly embellished to the point of absurdity.

Considering the sheer age and magnitude of the universe I’m far more inclined to believe that there are intelligent beings out there somewhere whom may have visited Earth then believe in a man who could walk on water, create wine from water, heal people, died and then resurrected. Not to mention a burning bush talking, a huge flood with two of EVERY animal on the planet crammed onto a timber boat (how the hell could they all fit?!) and a man who parted the sea. And whatever other fairytales are in that book.

I may be in a bad mood as I write this, however I think that those who believe in this, that God and Jesus are looking over them, guiding them and awaiting in heaven are just afraid of the realities of life and death and need someone to always be there to hold their hand. They seem to need a pillar of strength always wherever they go, whatever they do and whatever situation they find themselves in. Athletes and others that thank God whenever they win something just grind my gears. If he does exists, then surely he has more important things to concern himself with than some game or competition.

Religion seems to have caused far far more pain and suffering than it has peace, healing and happiness. But hey, if believing that there is a god looking over you helps your through your life then whatever, that’s fine but don’t preach about it and certainly do not judge others because the chances are that god/s, of all religions, are nothing more than fanciful fairytales told to keep the population in line.

However, if God and Jesus do exist, then I’ll eat a dirty big slice of humble pie... Funny how religious people, and others in general demand evidence of alien existence/encounters yet cannot muster anything other than stories to prove their god exists. The world would be fantastic without religion and cults.
edit on 26-10-2012 by BlindBastards because: .

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Popularity means nothing. Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are incredibly popular yet them and all like they are absolutely horrible and are literally the worst thing to happen to music since its creation.
edit on 26-10-2012 by BlindBastards because: .

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

well it wass mre on the line of when abnormal things happen in this world scientists try to figure it out. With UFO and aliens, it is taboo and there is no study. well no study that is public( meaning govt funded) Whenever there is a credible sighting it is laughed upon. Dennis Kucinich (perfect example) Ron regan made a dam peech about it, Carter says he saw one, Iran has doc radar proof and eyewitness testimony, rendelsham forrest lots of evidence, lots of witnesses. It is always swept under the rug. There will be a day that we will look back and say wow we should have been studying this phenomena long ago. My belief the cover up is because it is direct confrontation(is that the word I want to use??) of religion. we would then have to look back at the history books and maybe we discover that "aliens" did indeed create us. When I say aliens i dont mean little greys or lizards etc.. I mean people who look like us think like us but have what we would call godly powers. Then we shall find that we have those same powers.

This thread was really not about bashing the bible or religions it was about how we as humans are manipulated. dont really need to give examples of that though.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

"Religion seems to have caused far far more pain and suffering than it has peace, healing and happiness. But hey, if believing that there is a god looking over you helps your through your life then whatever, that’s fine but don’t preach about it and certainly do not judge others "

Exactly. this is not a bash on religion. People need to believe in something. What i dont like about the Alien UFO subject is that until you see one you will not believe. That does not mean to denegrate anyone who has. This is REAL. Things are happening to people. They are not all crazy. They are very sane and they have seen something and we as a society laugh and laugh. LOL But as this thread has shown "dont f with religion, dont question anything about the bible. it really is crazy!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

reply to post by BlindBastards

"Religion seems to have caused far far more pain and suffering than it has peace, healing and happiness. But hey, if believing that there is a god looking over you helps your through your life then whatever, that’s fine but don’t preach about it and certainly do not judge others "

Exactly. this is not a bash on religion. People need to believe in something. What i dont like about the Alien UFO subject is that until you see one you will not believe. That does not mean to denegrate anyone who has. This is REAL. Things are happening to people. They are not all crazy. They are very sane and they have seen something and we as a society laugh and laugh. LOL But as this thread has shown "dont f with religion, dont question anything about the bible. it really is crazy!!

For some reason it is common to think that someone who sees or believes in UFOs/aliens is crazy. So to counter this, they have to have really seen them otherwise they hallucinated it and therefore have to be mentally ill. The idea that a full on hallucination would just occur with no rhyme or reason is just wrong. I think these are very rare even in the most mentally ill. Everyone hallucinates to some degree. For instance, how many times have you seen what looks like a wounded animal in the distance while driving at night only to find it was a bag blowing in the wind? gets me every time.

anyway, i want to do some shtick comapring the super powers of Jesus compared to Aliens. Who would win in a fight?
edit on 26-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Everything about them, from the way they travel, the means in which they communicate and the messages they preach which you can call extraterrestrial evangelism, reeks of a demonic/fallen angel or to put it simply, Satanic deception.

these abduction experiences can be stopped in the name of Jesus. These "aliens" don't tuck their tails between their legs and run when the abductee calls on any other religious figure, just this one guy. They seem to know Jesus very well and are terrified of him, like his mere name is their own personal kryptonite.
So we have established that aliens are evil demons and do abduct people. Calling on Zeus or even the powerful Ganesh does not make these guys even flinch. Just saying the name "Jesus" has them running.

So I must conclude that Jesus and the aliens HAVE battled in the past since these aliens "seem to know him".

DETAILS PLEASE!

in the overall scheme of things, Jesus's super powers are not all that impressive at least the ones he demonstrated. He could walk on water, heal people, cast out demons...., make wine from water, predict the future and rise from the dead. With the exception of rising from the dead, the other powers are pretty useless...like Aquaman's powers of breathing under water? seriously?

Aliens, on the other hand, have pretty impressive technology. They come in and out of peoples homes abducting them and returning them without a trace. Our military is no match. Aliens are all around and are soo covert that they seem to not exist an yet exist at the same time. They are the ultimate Ninjas.

So when Jesus and the aliens met, what were the circumstances? Did the aliens try to abduct Jesus or one of his desciples? If so, game on!

Obviously being able to predict the future gave Jesus quite an advantage...."Tonight there will be an attempt to abduct James son of Zebedee by the aliens, however, I will be there for the glory of god is with me..."
and it was done.

I can only imagine the shock the aliens had when they went to abduct the paralyzed body of James only to find a fully animated Jesus in his place! If he could change the molecular structure of water, just imagine what he would change these aliens into! A hand raised and "in the form of...a peice of toast" and it was done.

So I completely agree that Jesus CAN kick alien butt.

edit on 26-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

Dear MyParadoxicalSelf,

Thank you for answering what I did ask and I agree those are possible answers; however, it also presumes that these alien races were always advanced. I presume otherwise, I would assume that they used the airwaves long before they had the ability to get here as it is a much simpler technology.

The reason they would not want us to know is because by us "knowing" with 100% certainty that we are being watched would then influence our behavior and make the study flawed.

Funny that answer is the same one that I give in regards to God.

Forgive me, but could you elaborate on "used the airwaves long...." statement. I want to respond but do not wish to misinterpret your message so to speak. That is how God always made sense in my mind as well, for instance when asked "why doesn't "God do something"

I have read a few of your post. You and I seem seem similar in certain belief "systems".
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If anyone has the time this is a very enlightening video, ave it for future reference maybe. I wish a had stumbled upon this guy earlier than I did.

edit on 26-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Aliens, on the other hand, have pretty impressive technology. They come in and out of peoples homes abducting them and returning them without a trace. Our military is no match. Aliens are all around and are soo covert that they seem to not exist an yet exist at the same time. They are the ultimate Ninjas.

I often wonder where this "alien" concept came from originally. It has become so ingrained in "humans "subconscious mind, it often makes me think WE are the aliens who "seeded" our 'self' here, taking over the humans we found on this planet.
edit on 26-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join