It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean minister obliterated by mortar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

TOKYO: A North Korean army minister was reportedly executed with a mortar round for drinking and carousing during the official mourning period after the death of Kim Jong-il. Kim Chol, the vice-minister of the army, was taken into custody earlier this year on the orders of Kim Jong-un, who assumed the leadership after his father died in December. On the orders of Mr Kim to leave "no trace of him behind, down to his hair", Kim Chol was forced to stand on a spot that had been zeroed in for a mortar round and was "obliterated", South Korean media reported. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Unbelievable (or believable, depending on your view)

I can't imagine the fear of standing on a spot knowing that a mortar round is going to drop on your head.

It makes me think of the "old days" where corporal punishment was a part of military life - but even this is ridiculous.

Analysts are suggesting he is showing his "power" and trying to cement his power base; leading by a system of abject fear and terror for your rank and file isn't the way it should be.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Did you really need to create a second thread on this article only a few minutes apart?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i've seen videos of saddam hussein ordering the executions of prisoners or dissidents by placing a small amount of c4 around their neck and blowing their heads of remotely.

its no different than when you hear of henry the whatever of england draw and quartering a member of his court.

kings or dictators is the same thing, to instil obedience thru fear.

what a way to die, just the mere thought of it probably has the whole north korean administration on boot licking mode.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is without a doubt the greatest thing I have ever read about North Korea.

That is awesooooooooome!
Death by mortar!
Hey, Chun............do me a favor and walk 120 yds then stop and face me?
Thx

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
To me it doesn't show fear, I think it is more of a respect issue...
If you disrespect someone like that at that country then yea... you're going to get decimated.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by ThorinOakenshield

Decimated!

Hahaha! - cant stop laughing because this is so utterly ridiculous.

They actually used an explosive round to decimate this poor guy because he was drinking and carousing?

Jesus! I would have been mortared about 50k times if I were North Korean.

I wonder what they do if you're caught conspiring against the regime or against Kim Jong Un himself? If he mortars a dude for goin out then what the hell are they gonna do to real enemies of the state? My goodness. They must go full on medieval.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Actually if they want to execute someone they send a firing squad to do it

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Actually stories like this can make one see why that nk soldier killed his Conrad's to defect.Seriously if I were a high ranking officer I'd consider coup or defection."Obliterated"what a maniac...

new topics

top topics

join