It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am here for the same reason every member of ATS is here.

I am here because I have no idea why I am here.

All I can say with utmost certainty is I am in fact here.

I look forward to getting closer to the truth. I look forward to communicating with my fellow members of ATS, and exchanging information that may lead us one day to discovering the truth of the matter. I will do this by showing respect to my fellow members when we disagree. What allows me to show this respect is the realization that in the END we are all here for the same reason.

We are all truth seekers. Even those that may have "forgot" who they are and cause us pain. Maybe they "forgot" on purpose to help us grow. Is not suffering the greatest teacher?

Even those some would call "sheep", they have a right to "sleep" just as we have a right to seek truth. Is not ignorance bliss?

Every one here shares that little spark inside of us that knows something is a miss. We know we can't believe everything we read. We know we can't believe everything we see. Yet we power through the numerous illusions all around us on a mission of truth.

We could not do this alone. I pledge to honor and respect that little spark inside every individual here. I will understand even though we may disagree at times, one thing we all have in common is that little spark.

The above is an oath of sorts to my "self". It is easy for me to forget this oath I have taken, so I figured it reasonable to include in my introduction. If only because it will act as a subtle reminder to my "self".

I recently had an experience that I can not explain. Something touched that little spark inside me in a way I was not prepared for. What happened was quite "shocking" to my "system" but I persevered through the FEAR and looking back on the events now, I have become thankful for them. They helped me grow tremendously by providing a catalyst for change inside and outside of me. I now EMBRACE the various challenges life throws at me with open arms.

I have no intentions of disclosing these events because they were very personal in nature and I also have no way of providing a shred of evidence.Trust me I wish I did. Or I at least think I do.

I know I LOVE looking so much for the truth, that if I ever did find it.. I may just wish I could forget I ever found it in the first place!

Thanks for reading!
edit on 24-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: I CANT SPELL!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Welcome

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Welcome

can you elaborate on what touched your spark? (sounds naughty)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you for the above information! I'll check it out.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

Welcome to ATS. Here's your complimentary cookies and coffee. Enjoy the ride....

Des

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sounds like you had a life changing experience!

Welcome to ATS. May your journey here offer valuable lessons and peace of mind.

May you also take every word you read here with a grain of salt. See the real world think us conspiracy theorists are crazy.

edit on 24-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: And you thought you were the only one who couldn't spell!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianG
Welcome

can you elaborate on what touched your spark? (sounds naughty)

LOL I assure you it was not "naughty" in any way shape or form.. but then again that would depend on what one considers naughty.

I will not elaborate because my attempts at explaining it always fall short and would be pure speculation on my part. I do not have a point of reference to base this encounter of off (that isn't based on illusion) and lack the full understanding needed to be comfortable enough to "share" my experience.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Only one rule......don't touch my spark!

Sometimes I misplace it and it takes me too much time to find it. So don't go moving it around and we will get along just fine.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you for the coffee and cookies! You're to good to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Trust me, nothing you have to say here will sound crazy. If you search previous threads you might find something similar to what you have experienced.

Oh, Des brought cookies! Good I was just coming off my earlier sugar high.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Only one rule......don't touch my spark!
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I had intended to include a part in my oath about keeping my hands to myself but forgot at the last moment. Thank you for bringing that up!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's hard to keep your hands to yourself on ATS. But I hope you have fun and I'll see you in the threads!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thank you for the kind response.

I imagine those other sparks secretly thank us! If not for us "crazy people" it wouldn't be possible for them to feel sane.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It's hard to keep your hands to yourself on ATS.

I shall do my best. If you happen to see a disembodied hand creeping through your window I promise it intends you no harm!

I kid. I kid.

edit on 24-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: still can't spell and forgot the quote

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

You'll fit in just fine.

Your spark story will fit in good with all the rest of the crazy theories around here. Perhaps someday, after you get comfortable, you'll share it with us. It is a thread I myself would be interested to read.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

You'll fit in just fine.

Your spark story will fit in good with all the rest of the crazy theories around here. Perhaps someday, after you get comfortable, you'll share it with us. It is a thread I myself would be interested to read.

Thank you for the kind words my friend. I recently an "incident" after making my first post.. I did not expect such things honestly. So far me "sharing" anything has not gone over well with some. This has left me lacking the needed courage to post something that was "personal" in nature to me.

Would you happen to have any words of encouragement for this spark?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

You'll fit in just fine.

Thank you for the kind words my friend. I recently had an incident after making my first post.. I did not expect such things honestly. So far me sharing anything has not gone well. This has left me lacking the needed courage to post something that was personal in nature to me.

Would you happen to have any words of encouragement for this spark? My time so far has not been comfortable!

edit on 26-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: I CANT SPELLS WORDS

new topics

top topics

join