It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread is for you!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

lol, good. i was worried for a second, but i figured you were smarter than that. forgive me for challenging, i have had a few drinks.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It doesn't take an expert to see whats happening to our deficit.
and...
He lied.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by TheLonewolf

So you're telling me that those guys on here aren't going to really develop their free energy device after all?

Only in their contrived fantasy world. I'm not saying that such a device is impossible, but it will be developed by a highly funded government program and not by Bob in his makeshift laboratory/garage. "Honey can you move your car? I need to work on my cold fusion device"

Tell that to Bill Gates.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

I want to know what you said. Because, a topic as broad is this makes it seem difficult to go off topic.

Anyways, many of us sit here playing the blame game we forget that we are falling prey to all the textbook forms of separatism. Many of us like to say "Democrats this" and "Republicans that" we forget about what so many of us claim to be wary of, "Divide and Conquer".

Is it so hard to believe this is exactly what "they" want? I think that TPTB are planned practitioners, meaning that every step, regardless of how random it seems, is just another move on the big game of chess that is politics.

Much of what I see on ATS are topics like: race, sexuality, spirituality, and other petty topics that have no place in a world where what we need most is for us all to work together to make the world a better place for all. So what do you say? How about we all forget that nonsense and get to instilling freedom and progress in the world.

I think I'll let Alterbridge tie everything together.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Personally I believe that it would not matter who is in office- the reaction would be the same. When the Obama administration said at first that the attack in Libya was due to the Muslim video, I didn't blame him and nobody I know did either- such things happen sometimes in a land disrupted by turmoil.

Where the problem begins is when the administration found out that their original story was not the true cause and decided to keep that information to themselves. They blatantly kept to the original story that they knew was a lie and continued to feed it to us anyway until they got caught. If as soon as the WH found out the real story Obama would have publicly announced that they made a mistake and presented the public with the facts there probably wouldn't be quite as much outrage. Trying to pass the buck around the administration isn't helping either. You can't say "The buck stops here...but Hillary did it!"

Administrations lie. Presidents lie. When they get caught people get mad. The public would be mad about it no matter who is in office or what political party they belong to. I see no reason to give Obama a special "pass". If that makes me a "finger pointer" so be it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He lied about what, exactly?

It's been proven that he called it an act of terror the very next day. So i really hope that is not the angle your taking.

I do find it funny though that if lying is such a big issue, why aren't you taking Romney to task like you have Obama. He lies repeatedly but it's hard to get anyone on the Right to pull their fingers out of their ears long enough to recognize it.

So I think you may fall into the hypocrite category I mentioned in the OP.

Nice try though!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

He lied about what, exactly?

It's been proven that he called it an act of terror the very next day. So i really hope that is not the angle your taking.

I do find it funny though that if lying is such a big issue, why aren't you taking Romney to task like you have Obama. He lies repeatedly but it's hard to get anyone on the Right to pull their fingers out of their ears long enough to recognize it.

So I think you may fall into the hypocrite category I mentioned in the OP.

Nice try though!

Obama lied. He said it was the youtube video.
Susan Rice said it was the youtube video.
Jay Carney stated that it was the youtube video.

Insulting me won't make that go away.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I do find it funny though that if lying is such a big issue, why aren't you taking Romney to task like you have Obama.

Romney's not president (yet) Obama is and he lied about it being the video, he actually still hasnt said the words "terrorist act" when he talks about it, which he hardly does anyway.
Every time someone brings up anything about Obama, you groupies always fall back on "Well, Bush this and Romney that"

Anyway, wtf do you care?
Youre defending him like hes your father or something.
I will never understand how someone can get so passionate about someone they dont know and will probably never even see in person AND doesnt even know you exist!!

edit on 10/25/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Romney's not president (yet) Obama is and he lied about it being the video, he actually still hasnt said the words "terrorist act" when he talks about it, which he hardly does anyway.

So it's ok for someone to lie, as long as it's before he is elected to the Presidency? And Obama has said it was an "act of terror". That means to most people......terrorist act.

For an example: If I said that I pick my nose....that means the same as saying I'm a nose-picker. Same thing, just a different way of saying it. That's elementary school stuff and it's sad it has to come down to such nonsense.

We can play semantics if you want, but the fact is that Obama said that and it means the same damned thing.

Every time someone brings up anything about Obama, you groupies always fall back on "Well, Bush this and Romney that"

You're correct. It is a common tactic used. I believe that is the case because the same thing Obama is doing...Bush did. And let's not kid ourselves, Romney will do the same if elected.

Sadly, it's hard to pull out a better example of how hypocritical people are when they cannot apply the same outrage to their political side, but they sure love to push it hard when it's the others.

See what I'm saying? It's convenient when you can say Bush is gone and Romney isn't president. The people can easily slither away from their hypocrisy.

Anyway, wtf do you care? Youre defending him like hes your father or something. I will never understand how someone can get so passionate about someone they dont know and will probably never even see in person AND doesnt even know you exist!!

I'm not defending Obama...I'm saying pretty plainly that none of us know anything about what is going on and it's pathetic that people jump on the anti-Obama bandwagon before all the facts are known.

I could care less about Obama, because I am not voting for him. Here's the problem. Too many of you are more apt to jump the gun and say things before you know all the facts. I have said many times that I will not support Obama.

So I would only ask that you read the OP again and try to comprehend the message before you say things that are irrelevant and incorrect.

In fact, thanks for contributing....you have kinda proven my point.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think people largely forget that the POTUS is a position in which he delegates much authority. That's why he has his own cabinet. It would be impossible for a sitting president to know every little thing going on in our government and around the world. Much less the average citizen, which can't possibly be that well informed to espouse all knowing of all things political. I agree with the OP. Some people are just down right arrogant and jump to conclusions with no basis in thought. Rarely will I post on politics, it's just not my cup of tea. I vote, that's my contribution as well as having served in the military.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Nah, Im really not in the mood for a lengthy debate/argument. Maybe I got the wrong impression from the OP, since I mostly skimmed it and I wasnt singling you out about the "blind support" it was a generalization.
I cannot stand either, Obama is sham and Romney is pretty much the same.
Obama should never have been elected based on his lack of experience and credentials and people know it.
I didnt like McCain either but hell, at least he has years of experience in politics, Obama was an unheard of freshman senator, Romney's not much better, being Gov of a state doesnt make you qualified to be president, period..
Im with you about the bias that goes on in politics, when a supporter and a politician can come out and criticize someone from their own party, then they will have some respect from me.

peace

Ill add this too.. It really doesnt matter for me, Im not wasting my time voting because Romney will win Texas, so ill just sit back and watch my country go further into hell, regardless of who wins.

edit on 10/25/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
I think people largely forget that the POTUS is a position in which he delegates much authority. That's why he has his own cabinet. It would be impossible for a sitting president to know every little thing going on in our government and around the world.

True words! Who likes, wants or needs to be micromanaged.....forget that; what human being has the capacity to micromanage 300-million+ citizens and their responsibilities abroad? It's impossible! At some point, the buck stops...it's is not always, and rarely is, at the top.

Anyone stating otherwise.....I hope you enjoy your anal probe....because that is what you are asking for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join