It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Women Can't be 'Just Friends'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You DO know stuff! lol

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Once I made a girl or woman into a friend, I thought of her as a sister. By doing this I eliminated her from my sexual desire and could not reverse it without feeling morally wrong. Maybe it is different for women but not for me. I never dated someone that I had made into a friend because I couldn't feel right about it. I look back and wonder if I did the right thing. I don't have any regrets, I wouldn't change a thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wait, what's going on now?

*winofiend stares into his empty box*

o.O

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think that as long as you have a libido, to deny it is to lie to one's self.

sexual prowess is a real issue with relationships.

if you might break a hip then yes that is just dangerous.

if you still can, but your mind is a slug, then you are failing your partner, and if she cheats, it is in part your fault.

you failed to make her happy

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Men can be friends with women. Once one is attracted to a friend, are we no longer to call each other friends?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Thank you for this revelation. I had no idea that the "just friends" (friend-zoned) relationships were one-sided and divided by sex-lines so clearly. It explains a lot of things I never thought about before.

I've never heard a female claim a guy was "just stringing them along" - on the other hand, I've heard males claim females were "just stringing them along."

It explains how the 'nice girls' (the ones who don't want to hurt anybody's feelings) get stuck with leeches, hangers-ons, and other guys they just can't shake off.

It explains why some men don't want to work next to women. Men tend to 'buddy' their male co-workers.

This makes me think of all those wedding announcements that say, "I am marrying my best friend."

edit on 25/10/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Buuuuull crap!

I don't doubt a lot of the "men always think women want them when they don't" stuff, but until recently, I've never had any friends who were girls. I am one of those girls who always had guy friends, because my interests were never "girly" or anything. Girly stuff always bored me. I've always had guy friends, and only on a couple of occasions has there ever been any tension between me and them.Most of my guy friends are awesome, and as far as I know, never really think of me that way... then again, I'm not a very "girl" kind of girl.

Then again, my fiance is always with me, and he's known for aspiring to be an assassin, and he's a weapon freak.

Maybe that has something to do with it...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join