It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guninea pig on mars! Curiosity rover is not alone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It might be a tribble, those things can thrive anywhere.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Another 'Martian rorschach rock'.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I love watching Martian rocks, its almost as much fun as spotting a Pony in the clouds.

This is a second line.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

just becasue you want it to be a guinea pig, doesnt mean it is. keep dreaming guys, im sure you'll find plenty more guinea pigs/statue fingers/other rubbish to keep you blowing up about the rover conspiracy yet

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is another title for this same video : Proof Curiosity rover is on earth - Rodent walks on set

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CashStronomer

I clicked on the link and had a look at the photograph you posted. Go to the right side - then come back about a quarter of the width of the photograph. About a third of the height of the photograph there is a distinctive rock.

The rock has a very pyramid like shape. I was not looking for anything other than a guinea pig or the hand you mentioned. The rock has a very man made shape and a shadow on one side. I had magnified the photograph to try and find the hand you mentioned.

I was looking for the guinea pig. Can anybody explain to me how the rock took the shape of a triangular prism? As far as I know triangular prism rocks are not naturally occurring. I know guinea pigs and hands occur naturally.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The joking around in this thread has got quite boring now.

Life cannot exist on mars right, its a dead planet, so if this picture is real, it was taken on earth, which suggests this whole Mars Curiosity rover is a staged event, as much as it pains me to say it.

It a rat ffs, everyone I've showed this pic without telling them were it was supposedly taken said the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I believe Im getting the hang of how to do stuff on here, though slowly

Anyhow, the "Hand" looking thing...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Ok so the results are in. I tested 20 people, 5 with an unaltered photo. 100% saw a rodent of sorts mouse, sqiurell,hamster ect.

I showed 5 people a b/w photo rotated. The 2 upside down ones were identified as a rodent. The 3 that viewed a side rotated b/w photos were undenifiable to the people that viewed it.

The remaining 10 I allowed to rotate a croped image that placed the suspected rodent out of center.
They could rotate as many time as they wanted and zoom in or out as they pleased. 9/10 found the rodent and identified it as such. The one remaining saw nothing.

Thats 80%... These people did not discuss the image prior nor were any suggestions made as to the nature of the photo.

So I am now of the opinion that this is indeed a living organism of some sort. I will not however commit to a therory that this is on mars or earth. My expirement was just to see if I was fooled into beliving that this photo contained an animal by the suggestive nature of the title

Oh the joy of conspiracies!!! Is it on earth or mars.......

edit on 26-10-2012 by CitizenJack because: posted to soon

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The G-Force Team to their horror find out Agent Bob ended up on Mars!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarcartographer
Another 'Martian rorschach rock'.

Actually a great term! Did you coin that?

I can see it really catching on as these things continue. Kudos to you!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack

Ok so the results are in. I tested 20 people, 5 with an unaltered photo. 100% saw a rodent of sorts mouse, sqiurell,hamster ect.

I showed 5 people a b/w photo rotated. The 2 upside down ones were identified as a rodent. The 3 that viewed a side rotated b/w photos were undenifiable to the people that viewed it.

The remaining 10 I allowed to rotate a croped image that placed the suspected rodent out of center.
They could rotate as many time as they wanted and zoom in or out as they pleased. 9/10 found the rodent and identified it as such. The one remaining saw nothing.

Thats 80%... These people did not discuss the image prior nor were any suggestions made as to the nature of the photo.

So I am now of the opinion that this is indeed a living organism of some sort. I will not however commit to a therory that this is on mars or earth. My expirement was just to see if I was fooled into beliving that this photo contained an animal by the suggestive nature of the title

Oh the joy of conspiracies!!! Is it on earth or mars.......

edit on 26-10-2012 by CitizenJack because: posted to soon

Sounds like you did a great experiment

It definitely looks like a rodent, but I really like the term listed earlier 'Martian rorschach rock'. That's definitely going to catch on!

As much as it looks like a rodent, I still believe it's just a rock. ....but definitely looks like a rodent anyway

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

New Hampshire's Man on the Mountain wasn't actually a man's head though. Keep that in mind.
www.statesymbolsusa.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

To me it looked more like a "guinea pig" @ 100% and more rock-ish at 200%

It's obviously a rock, I mean look at where the front paw would be, there is no separation

it's fun to pretend though. Right? I've heard there's a Bar on Mars, per Kanye West..

Maybe he lost a hamster out there.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

It was a fun expirement to do! Especially the reveal, when I explained to them where the photo originated. It was fun to hear thier ideas and theories, as I am a closet atser in the real world. You could see thier conspiracy gears turning lol. Although the Cannot Compute looks from a couple of the individuals was equally entertaining.

That term is quite clever, wish I was that witty haha. Star for that fella

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
its fake the damn thing would starve theres no food there we can see that

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnypeppers
its fake the damn thing would starve theres no food there we can see that

Ya , you are right . Mars cannot support life .The picture must haven been taken somewhere on Earth .

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
parodeilia

As far as it being on earth concept...your saying its easier to make sure a many square mile area of flatlands is easy to keep out every insect, ant, etc...

no, its certainly not on earth...if it was, this would be a prarie dog, sure, but you would be seeing birds, clouds, bugs, etc...

And if the argument is that post editing would remove every single flash of insect, crawling roach, etc..then they would also remove the rodent...so either way, the argument doesn't stack up.

But sure, it looks like a guinea pig...cloud watching is fun.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
parodeilia

As far as it being on earth concept...your saying its easier to make sure a many square mile area of flatlands is easy to keep out every insect, ant, etc...

no, its certainly not on earth...if it was, this would be a prarie dog, sure, but you would be seeing birds, clouds, bugs, etc...

And if the argument is that post editing would remove every single flash of insect, crawling roach, etc..then they would also remove the rodent...so either way, the argument doesn't stack up.

But sure, it looks like a guinea pig...cloud watching is fun.

so if i go with your view , then that one is surely a Martian guinea pig !!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join