It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted Near Hecker, IL

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Hopefuly I have it this time.
This is something I captured a lil while back, (I think) quite similiar in the original post here to the 2nd picture?
It was taken looking directly East from Marmora (Ontario)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Curious, was the UFO sighting on or near the New Madrid or the New Madrid northward?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CashStronomer
reply to post by Trillium

Cheers! I'll give this another go!

Ok also you need 20 post to start your own thread
just do a lot of reply here it goes quick.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It looks like a multi-dimensional demon

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by corvuscorrax

I donno what stars you're lookin at every night but you seem quick to attempt to debunk any UFO case that gets posted. Wonder why that is...

Maybe its because I'm a paid dis-info agent

Or maybe its just because most of the ones that get posted here are Bunk and have an obvious explanation , plane , lantern , balloon , CGI ...and on and on .

In this case I gave an opinion that it sounds like a description of stars , just my opinion , if you don't like that opinion fine but I have the right to express it .

Never said you didn't.

As I have the right to voice mine.
edit on 25-10-2012 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

First off, I am normally just a lurker around here. I saw something very similar traveling from the west to the northeast in Marion County Illinois on last Friday the 19th . It appeared to be like flames of quickly alternating color. I tracked it across the night sky for approx 1 or 2 min. It seem to be fairly low. At arms reach about the size of a penny. I was too awestruck to even think of taking any pictures. Being due east of Scott Air Force Base you see quite a bit of strange air traffic but this was something different.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Great find! I am pretty impressed that they got pictures. I bet it was beautiful to see in real life with all those colors! When I had a sighting, I was so amazed I didn't want to go inside for my camera!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It looks to me like it's simply light from Venus, reflecting off of the fuselage of an airplane, as it travels through a swamp gas powered weather balloon. Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Phage posted a good video it's a star I live in the UK and every year in the winter months from November through to March we gets reports in the local paper/radio about multi coloured lights in the sky, 9/10 times its Sirius which a fantastic sight on a really clear crisp winter night and a couple of other account for other reports.

There are MANY threads on here that discuss this subject and quite often members on here CLAIM to be seasoned sky watchers and they have never seen this object before blah blah blah obviously they are not as good at watching the sky as they think.

The other problem is video/phone/cameras and the people who use them on this pursuit of filming lights in the sky at night, well one problem is NO tripod used, second to much zoom (worse if it's digital zoom) but the worst thing is auto focus, manual focus is best, even the most expensive DSLR's have problems with auto focus with a dot of light in a dark sky.

Photography has been a hobby of mine for 30+ years and at night manual everything is the way to go shutter speed/iso (film speed)/aperture and focus

The change in shape is usually caused by the auto focus being wrong and a combination of the atmosphere.

Just do a search on here and you will find the other threads.
edit on 26-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Hopefuly I have it this time.
This is something I captured a lil while back, (I think) quite similiar in the original post here to the 2nd picture?
It was taken looking directly East from Marmora (Ontario)

Date, time,location, direction facing exif data for the picture or its not worth posting!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Marmora Ontario, which would be off Hwy7, bout midpoint between Toronto & Kingston, was facing eastward, watching Jupiter & the Pleades a little after 2am. This thing was about a thumbs width at arm length to the left of Jupiter. I could see it dimly with my naked eye, And I believe my eyepiece I was using here gave me about 40X magnification. Last weekend of August (This August), hopefuly this helps, other than this info, all I know is whatever this is was there for a few minutes, then was not. Ive looked a few times since, but nothing as of yet?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CashStronomer

Thanks that's the kind of info you need to give what about the camera exif data if digital

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I use a 14MP Kodak digital, & have a 4inch Skywatcher Refractor

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It appears that the objects were also seen over Millstadt, IL., which is about 10 miles NE of Hecker. Sheriff deputy states that he thought it was a satellite. (sure doesn't look like a satellite to me, but I'm not an expert).
www.bnd.com...=omni_popular#wgt=pop

Experts at the St. Louis planetarium stated:

News 4 showed photos of the lights to experts at the James S. McDonnell Planetarium in St. Louis.

They suspect the first light was the star Capella and the second was Jupiter. Stars and planets do twinkle and flash colors when low on the horizon.

The experts say the star would've moved slowly over the hour as Jupiter was rising. They also ruled out meteors from the Orionids shower since meteors move very quickly and appear as a streak of light.

www.kmov.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I use a 14MP Kodak digital, & have a 4inch Skywatcher Refractor

Hi thanks for that the exif data recorded with the picture shutter speed etc is handy it can help rule out lots of things.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here is what you saw.

en.wikipedia.org...(star)

The bright binary pair of Capella consists of two type-G giant stars. The first, primary, star has an surface temperature of approximately 4900 K, a radius of approximately 12 solar radii, a mass of approximately 2.7 solar masses, and a luminosity, measured over all wavelengths, approximately 79 times that of the Sun. The other, secondary, star has a surface temperature of approximately 5700 K, a radius of approximately 9 solar radii, a mass of approximately 2.6 solar masses, and a luminosity, again measured over all wavelengths, approximately 78 times that of the Sun.
edit on 26-10-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Dredge

As we get closer to the end of the year, these things are starting to pop up more and more.

Cool.

yup...our skies will be filled with radio-controlled models of UFO's with flashing lights. with our own tech improving and becoming cheaper to own, alot more of these model UAV's are available in hobby stores. people are going to have to be more discerning

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ok, I have a telescope or two. I've spent time looking up. I've seen my fair share of falling stars, both with the naked eye and with night vision.

I've never seen a Star or Planet present itself as show in the pics.

If anything it reminds of some kind of aurora.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

I've never seen a Star or Planet present itself as show in the pics

That's because your eyes are better than the camera used to take the pictures plus your eyes don't do still images .
The way the Star looks in the images is due to the camera zoom not the Star .

Here's a video of Sirius "folding in on itself" ... see from about 3.00

Here's a video of the suspect in this case .

edit on 26-10-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Fantastic Find OP! This seems very credible with all the reported witness accounts including Police reports that will be filed. Seems as though this could be a "Deal" breaker for some..'
'
''
'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join