It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted Near Hecker, IL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cbankord

There are Meteor showers every month of the year with the exception of Feb.,Mar.and June.

Planets and stars are very colorful looking out through our atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Oops Pauligirl, you forgot one in July.

July 28 and 29, 2012 Delta Aquarids

earthsky.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on this.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dredge

I saw that same triangle in 2000 in New Hampshire. It was tree top height and moved very slowly. It scared the crap out of me...and I hid in my house watching out the sky lights. And then it zipped off. Very weird. I chalked it up to a new government plane.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I work in af planetarium/observatory and know my way 'round Stellarium. Not a star.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CashStronomer
Ok, I still do not know exactly how to do much on this site, but one of those posted "UFO" pics looks JUST like something I myself caught in my telescope while I was struggling to learn how to use my camera with it. I'll post where I have the pic on my FaceBook, & hopefuly that link works...
By the way...,
if anyone can tell how to just post a pic on here, would be greatly appreciated

www.facebook.com... %2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F563989_10152130366420188_1224592603_n.jpg&size=960%2C720

Sorry but your link does not work you will have to change the privacy set to the picture.
until then nobody can see it
As to post a picture here here you go

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

I seen this object last winter it would show up around 2 AM and also I called the police. The officer just looked stunned by it, she said it looked like a kaleidoscope.
As she was leaving, I asked for her final opinion of what she thought it was and she replied, "I don't think it's of this world, is what I think". I told her I was going to file a report with Mufon and she gave me her card and said that she will back up my story.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
All i see if a clear plastic garbage bag Mcgeyver style latern with led lights..
Or am i missing something?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

Lol!!! That is too funny! I total envisioned macguiver making a Chinese lantern !

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
It's rather worrying when the Police aren't able to determine stars from UFO's!! And they give these people guns??

Really? You're being sarcastic I hope. Last I knew they were cops...not astronomers.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Man, the denial is ridiculously strong here.
Do those pictures look anything like stars twinkling in the sky?

I absolutely say, legit.
But whether it's extraterrestrial, terrestrial or dimensional, I have no idea.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

I believe if you zoom in to the max onto a light source on a digital camera the result is a diamond image

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Hate to be a party pooper but ...

Officers say the object remained stationary and twinkled with red, green, blue and orange light.

Sounds like a Star to me

Around 8pm the object was joined by a second light that appeared closer to the horizon and near Freeburg. According to witnesses that object also appeared to twinkle with red, green, blue and orange light.

Two Stars ... anyone got Stellarium .

The paper reported the object remained stationary for some time, twinkling with red, green, blue and orange light. After 8 p.m., the object slowly rose and a second light was seen on the horizon from what seemed to be the Freeburg area. Law enforcement left to answer routine radio calls, but some residents stayed watching with the aid of a telescope. It’s not clear how the siting ended.

“We are near Scott Air Force Base. Scott officials said they had nothing in the area,” Wienhoff said, “Some people say it might be a planet, maybe Jupiter, or a satellite .”
stlouis.cbslocal.com...

edit on 24-10-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

I donno what stars you're lookin at every night but you seem quick to attempt to debunk any UFO case that gets posted.

Wonder why that is...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by corvuscorrax

I donno what stars you're lookin at every night but you seem quick to attempt to debunk any UFO case that gets posted. Wonder why that is...

Maybe its because I'm a paid dis-info agent

Or maybe its just because most of the ones that get posted here are Bunk and have an obvious explanation , plane , lantern , balloon , CGI ...and on and on .

In this case I gave an opinion that it sounds like a description of stars , just my opinion , if you don't like that opinion fine but I have the right to express it .

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm certainly NO expert... and I have never "zoomed" in on stars... but as a casual ground observer of stars, I have never seen them look like this.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Judging by the eyewitness's testimony in this report, it doesn't sound like it would be a star. Unless stars can grow to be the size of a soccer ball and have rotating lights...

Just say'n.
edit on 25-10-2012 by mikemck1976 because: Grammer

edit on 25-10-2012 by mikemck1976 because: Grammer Again

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Zoom in to a scintilating star enough, and it's anything but a round dot in the sky. It looks like it's FLAILING colors with the speed of super-rapidly sparkling LED lights in all directions. It looks like two rainbow-illuminated chrome cats, fighting inside of a bag...for lack of a better description.

Having a "shape" in photographs does NOT rule out a scintillating star. A camera catches the "sparks" of light in all directions, during the exposure length. The star paints the sensor, or film with spashes of color in a random pattern for each exposure.

I am very much into astronomy, astro photography, and UFOlogy. Scintillating stars, in the right conditions, can really grab your attention. Stare at them long enough and you swear, they are moving around. They fool me all the time. If you see one, check reference stars around it, to establish a location, and then head to Stellarium to confirm.

Stars scintillate mostly when they are low on the horizon, and when the air is crisp.

I am not saying the OP is not a UFO, but the shots and info provided, are very consistent with what you would see from a scintillating star.

EDIT:
Confirmed on Stellarium that Capella was right there in the Northeast horizon, where they saw this UFO.

Would this fool you, or grab your attention? Yes, especially if you don't get out much at night.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-10-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
.. might be an extraterrestrial ship, but seems more likely a dimensional anomaly or unknown life form.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I understand that under certain circumstances, stars can appear to flash different colours, particularly when close to the horizon when the atmosphere is adding to the effect. What I dont understand is why a group of people, including police officers, suddenly decide this is something extremely unusual- unusual enough to report. Why would this night be so special? Have they never seen this phenomena before? Surely they would have seen this before if its just a particular star that is there every night?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Cheers! I'll give this another go!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join