It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted Near Hecker, IL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
fox2now.com

HECKER, IL (KTVI) – According to the Monroe County Independent a man spotted a unidentified flying object northeast of Hecker, IL on Thursday just after 7pm. County police patrolled the area near Paderborn. Officers say the object remained stationary and twinkled with red, green, blue and orange light. Around 8pm the object was joined by a second light that appeared closer to the horizon and near Freeburg. According to witnesses that object also appeared to twinkle with red, green, blue and orange light.

This sounds like it was a great sighting. What I like about it is that was seen, reported and tracked by County Police as well as other witnesses. I hope some video of this sighting surfaces soon because this one has peaked my interest.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Great find.

Here's another source: CLICK

Apparently the object was seen by police officers as well:

Deputies from Monroe and St. Clair counties responded to the area and reported seeing the same light. After 8 p.m., a second object was spotted over the Freeburg area. Witnesses said the second object was similar in shape and size and also shifted colors from orange, red, blue and green. Police told the Monroe County Independent that the lights or objects did not appear to present any danger, so they returned to their patrol.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Ya S & F
Give it a 9 out of 10 it a UFO also getting more and more of these

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is refreshing. A UFO that looks like it could actually be a UFO. Very cool that there are multiple witnesses including police.

Keeping an eye on this thread. This might turn into an interesting case.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is awesome. I just watched my Close Encounters of the Third Kind bluray last night. This thing reminds me of the little ones in the movie.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Awesome,

I live about 10 minutes from there and go to Freeburg twice a week. I'll post any new information that comes out if I can.

We had a pretty interesting sighting back in 2000 as well in Millstadt, which is about 5 miles north of there.

Millstadt UFO

- Dredge

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dredge

As we get closer to the end of the year, these things are starting to pop up more and more.

Cool.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I only live 10 miles from there also.
If I see any new detail on this, I'll be sure to post it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dredge

Thanks!

What I want to see is video from the sighting. Also I want to see video or photos of the second object that was said to join the first.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hate to be a party pooper but ...

Officers say the object remained stationary and twinkled with red, green, blue and orange light.

Sounds like a Star to me

Around 8pm the object was joined by a second light that appeared closer to the horizon and near Freeburg. According to witnesses that object also appeared to twinkle with red, green, blue and orange light.

Two Stars ... anyone got Stellarium .

The paper reported the object remained stationary for some time, twinkling with red, green, blue and orange light. After 8 p.m., the object slowly rose and a second light was seen on the horizon from what seemed to be the Freeburg area. Law enforcement left to answer routine radio calls, but some residents stayed watching with the aid of a telescope. It’s not clear how the siting ended.

“We are near Scott Air Force Base. Scott officials said they had nothing in the area,” Wienhoff said, “Some people say it might be a planet, maybe Jupiter, or a satellite .”
stlouis.cbslocal.com...

edit on 24-10-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is the closest we can get to a video of the object in question at the moment. I hope this helps some.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Dredge

As we get closer to the end of the year, these things are starting to pop up more and more.

Cool.

Yup. More < snip > taking zoomed in pictures and videos of the bright colored stars in the sky.... What is it vega? sirius? Idk, but they are their every night..

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on 10/26/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hmm. So the police just happened to miss those stars every other clear night? Yeah, right.

It looks like a ufo to me, might be an extraterrestrial ship, but seems more likely a dimensional anomaly or unknown life form.

S&F. Interesting find.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Great find.

Here's another source: CLICK

Apparently the object was seen by police officers as well:

Police told the Monroe County Independent that the lights or objects did not appear to present any danger, so they returned to their patrol.

What the hell is wrong with people? Well... just the common occurrence of a FRIGGIN' SPACESHIP -- instead of getting some good HD footage we might as well get back to the usual twiddlin' our thumbs!
edit on 10/24/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dredge

Wow what a small world we live in.

I work in millstadt. I worked on the new mertz Ford building. My shop is down the road from there although I live about 60 miles away.

I do have to say that one morning I saw something similar. I ran inside to get the binocs and the small telescope, only to find out it wad a star. It was weird because it started twinkling out of nowhere and I thought that it was for sure something. I am an avid sky watcher and it had me excited so I think that someone who rarely looks at the stars would know any better. Cops are busy looking for no-do-gooders, I doubt that they get paid to stare at the sky.

I am not saying that this is what it is, I am only saying that I would not rule this out as a possibility.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Two Stars ... anyone got Stellarium .

north east of Hecker, IL around 8:00
Probably Jupiter and Aldebaran or Betelgeuse

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I live about an hour away from Hecker, IL and the summer before last, my son and I witnessed a strange diamond shaped object in the sky. It rose from the horizon and traveled in a straight line directly over our heads. Whenever it was overhead, it appeared to be a metallic type small craft surrounded by flames. It traveled slowly and silently north before disappearing on the other side of the tree line. We were in town getting ice from a vending machine when we saw it.

The next night, we were out in our yard on the other side of town and witnessed it again, but this time it traveled slowly north and then very rapidly made an abrupt, sharp left and traveled a short distance southwest and suddenly disappeared as if it had just killed the lights and was gone. I'm no expert, but it did not behave like anything I've ever seen before.

I keep watching the sky for it again, but haven't see it since.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I've never seen Jupiter twinkle. Ever.

But, I am suspicious because of the terms 'slowly rose' and then later another object 'appeared on the horizon'.

I am leaning towards some sort of atmospheric condition causing Jupiter to twinkle.

Dammit. I thought this was going to be the real deal.
edit on 24-10-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join