It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My children's schools are collecting prepper supplies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hello I am new to this so bear with me, My children go to public school in Henrico,Va. There was a letter sent home saying they are taking collections of Buckets,T.P.,kittie litter, Bucket must have lid so it can be used as toilet too, and water. My son sais they are in every classroom. Is anyone else out there going through this same situation???? I am a little freaked out, The public schools are run by the government!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They may be using these buckets and kitty litter as make shift toilets in the event of an extended lock down situation where the kids wouldn't have access to the restrooms...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker927

Just call the school and ask. You have the right to know, and they have to tell you.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thank-you, I am a worry wart when it comes to my little ones. My fourth and first grader know how to read ,so they read the pamphlet about the collection of items and they were a bit scared. They watch those darn prepper shows on nat geo .I told them the lockdown excuse,and not to worry. I am just a bit worried I am going to call the school and get some answers.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Get more involved in your children's affairs at school and this would not pose such a mystery to you.

"prepper supplies", quite a leap in logic don't you think?.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
makes me wonder... I am from the UK and my daughters primary school have asked for donations of dried/tinned food etc..to send to the army overseas. I just found it strange that a school in America is asking pupils for these donations at the same time as the UK schools are asking for the exact same thing. I wonder if schools in other countries are doing the same?..

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A few years ago my son had to put together a "kit" that had some snacks, various other things I cannot recall, contact info and a picture of the family to "soothe him" incase of an eartquake or other disaster

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm with you.. thats a weird one... here in kansas we're asked to donate canned food for the needy and such but if they sent home a letter to collect supplies for pooping in a bucket I too would be a little.. eh? When schools are locked down it means no one in or out not no one to the bathroom. I dunno.. it's odd.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Do they attend the middle school that is designated as the county's emergency shelter in the event of a disaster? There is information on a FEMA grant on the Henrico County website at the recent meetings. It won't let me link directly to any of the particular school board meeting agendas, but you can browse them here.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Schools where I live are required to have a three day supply of food and water in case of a disaster. To meet this requirement, each year we send in three days worth of non-perishable foods which is returned to us at the end of the school year unused. This is probably some similar activity at your school.
edit on 24-10-2012 by OuttaHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

That seems a bit bizarre! Mine aren't in public school, so I haven't heard of any incidents like this, but those seem like very odd requests. I would recommend calling the school, and asking exactly what this stuff is for. Something in writing would be good, too. If the explanation doesn't sound right, well, not sure what to do then. Definitely weird, though!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Perhaps they fear an angry kitten attack?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Or maybe there is really a war happening somewhere in the ocean with aliens and the army is losing the war but anyway are short on supplies. Yeah right... and no one would learn or see noise.,

How can there be a secret war? How can there be shooting withone anyone noticing anything? you know like Battleship 2012., it didn't remain unnoticed

top topics

join