It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The star this "exoplanet" orbits.. Have you guys ever heard much about our nearest solarsystem??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

oh #, space and exploration? I definatly skimmed past that /:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yes, as I looked for the article I could not find it. I have only seen it in video's as I cant find a official or non official link to that articles, but what i DO remember is that this exact quote was in the headline "Heavenly body found". I believe it was in the new york times. I don't see why they would come off so confident if the research wasn't done by professionals then or why they wouldn't have professionals debunk it before they get the people so hyped....
www.youtube.com...
does the internet not agree with me? ALTHOUGH he does say "Evidence"... HOW, and i strongly question this, how could they even come up with the size and distance if they havent even found it?!?!

You seem to be conflating the old IRAS article with the Matese & Whitmire theory. IRAS found a number of point-like light sources in infrared that were initially unidentified, they could have initially been anything from extragalactic sources to a distant body in our solar system, they didn't know which. They all turned out to be extrasolar and in most cases extragalactic sources. Most were infrared luminous galaxies. The Matese & Whitmire theory proposes that a large planet at Oort cloud distances may be causing a possible biasing in the directionality of long period comets. It is simply a theory, not a discovery.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Well distance seems to be out of the picture, does it not? since the ESO has located exactly which star(s) it orbits which means it is no mistake, its not a galaxy or any other source of light... ALSO here is an article from nasa a year or two ago, i had a hard time digging it up, but i found it. science.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

The orbit on the Swiss note is the orbit of a comet. Specifically the orbit of a long period comet as depicted in the notes of Swiss astronomer and the man on the other side of that specific note, Leonhard Euler.

As for the Sumerians and their knowledge of the planets, what Sitchin claimed just isn't true. His sole source for his claims is Cylinder Seal VA 243. Sitchin's problem is that this seal does not depict the solar system. We know the Sumerian symbol for the Sun and this symbol does not appear on the seal. Plus the Sumerians did not use the word Nibiru. The first time it appears in an astronomical sense is with the Babylonians. To them it referred to the highest point of the ecliptic, not a planet.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

What that video refers to is Tyche. This is a a hypothetical planet that would explain the orbits of long period comets. It would have a stable orbit around 25,000 to 50,000 AU away. If it it exists it never enters the orbits of the known planets. Currently things are not looking good for Tyche. If it exists it should be found in the WISE data but so far nothing has been turned up.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The "planet" discussed in that article is now known as Eris. I use quotes around the word planet because Eris is technically classified as a dwarf planet. In fact it is the reason we have the dwarf planet classification and the reason why Pluto is now classified as a dwarf planet. At its closest it gets 38.375 AU away. That' almost 10 AU farther away than Pluto at its closest.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Chamberf=6

What do you mean where do i get this from?!?! I am never convinced by just one link, I will give you info and you make look it up, just as i did so, i had no one to direct me I just started my journey of research. I will try to give you some things that have convinced me.... that is IF you can be convinced from sources that are "unofficial". The currency of switzerland has a VERY odd picture on it, what planet x's orbit is "BELIEVED" to be like.

No, it's not odd. It's a tribute to Leonhard Euler who was a swiss mathematician and physicist who was able to calculate the orbits of comets. Comets tend to have very eccentric orbits, as depicted by that particular swiss note. It seems to me that what you've learned about astronomy has come almost entirely from your beliefs about "planet X." The real astronomical planet X theory did not have a proposed orbit nearly that eccentric.

an "eliptical" orbit.

All orbits are elliptical. Some are more eccentric than others. You should study some basic astrodynamics.

The ancient summerians counted this "12th planet" as a part of our solar system, along with the other 11 planets that they knew basically all the details and colors of. I say 12th because this "Planet" came after pluto and they counted this "planet" because it in a sense orbits our sun.

There are 8 planets in our solar system. Pluto is not a planet. There are many, many kuiper belt objects out there, some about the same size as Pluto. Now at one time we used to count every rock out there orbiting the sun as a "planet." Do you know how many planets we had in our solar system tally at that time? 18.
spaceweather.com...
That was long before we even discovered Pluto! In that case, Flora is the 12th planet in our solar system. We now consider Flora to be an asteroid. If you want to exclude asteroids but start counting major Kuiper belt objects like Pluto (Plutoids) as planets then Eris is the "12th planet" (Haumea and Makemake would be 10 and 11) but it still doesn't come into the inner solar system. If we count Ceres as a planet because it, like Pluto, is nice and round like a planet, then Makemake is number 12 and Pluto is number 10. Basically there is no way that there is a "12th planet Nibiru" out there sweeping through our inner solar system every 3600 years.

And yes, I am in fact talking about Nibiru. Nibiru, who almost everyone who has heard of anykind of information assosiated with this planet has the intellegence that this is said to be a Brown Dwarf, recently classified more as a Red Dwarf actully.

If there were a brown dwarf in our solar system on a 3600 year orbit, let alone a red dwarf, let alone one that caused the sun to be "blocked out for three days," then our solar system would not be stable at all, it would be a chaotic mess...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

HI, just for fun , regards pluto not being a planet any more, planet x would make a perfect replacement regards astrology for scorpio. I follow this planet x stuff with great intrest, i guess its a numbers game.I have seen a very bright object in the sky, about midinight , i think it might be the iss. ive got the page traker for the iss and i wil see if its over head next time. i am impressed with mother shiptons writings about this probably describes the rock in about 2029 then the seven number and the seven key hole thing resulting in the 2036 incident wow ,i just watched start of mini series impact lol loggedon here saw this thread and just had to chuck my 2 cents in cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Now you're referring to a third thing, as previously mentioned that's an article about eris. As I mentioned before, if we start counting plutoids as planets, then that's planet number 12. It doesn't come into the inner solar system.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Chamberf=6

What do you mean where do i get this from?!?! I am never convinced by just one link, I will give you info and you make look it up, just as i did so, i had no one to direct me I just started my journey of research. I will try to give you some things that have convinced me.... that is IF you can be convinced from sources that are "unofficial". The currency of switzerland has a VERY odd picture on it, what planet x's orbit is "BELIEVED" to be like. an "eliptical" orbit. The ancient summerians counted this "12th planet" as a part of our solar system, along with the other 11 planets that they knew basically all the details and colors of. I say 12th because this "Planet" came after pluto and they counted this "planet" because it in a sense orbits our sun. THE ANCIENTS have documented this planet and the stages that will come amungst us so that we may be prepared, you may have heard about the 3 days of darkness where there was 3 days of NO documented information from these people, and they then start learning amazing things in a stairstep formation, not a branching formation. They ALSO documented and made amazing statues in respect to the Annunaki who say they come from the planet "Nibiru"
And yes, I am in fact talking about Nibiru. Nibiru, who almost everyone who has heard of anykind of information assosiated with this planet has the intellegence that this is said to be a Brown Dwarf, recently classified more as a Red Dwarf actully.
If you are still non believing then goodbye, because you wont be convinced until its in the sky.

I cant even begin to tell you how much disinfo has been in just 3 or 4 posts of yours so far.

Do you research anything at all that you would repeat in a public forum, its looks as though you don't.

The currency of switzerland has a VERY odd picture on it, what planet x's orbit is "BELIEVED" to be like

Are you serious?

A simple google search or a read of one of the number of threads about the Swiss Franc on ATS would show you this to be false.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Now you're referring to a third thing, as previously mentioned that's an article about eris. As I mentioned before, if we start counting plutoids as planets, then that's planet number 12. It doesn't come into the inner solar system.

Just add a few more random conspiracies to the mix just for extra flavor

As an answer to the thread title, Yes Ive heard of the Alpha Centauri System, as a child in the 3rd or 4th grade I learned that its our closest star other than the Sun. Later on in high school went over some minor facts and then would bump into it every now and then when researching astronomical subjects.

OP, do you really believe all that you post about this Planet X being found being a red dwarf etc?

If so why have you limited yourself to such a negative outlook?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join