The star this "exoplanet" orbits.. Have you guys ever heard much about our nearest solarsystem??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Now, before you guys start throwing up the numbers they provide in the article... Just think, HOW would you go about spreading this news among the whole world??
European Space Organization: Exoplanet
Now, this is the 12th planet that has been mythisized for thousands of years whether they say it or not it matches up with how the summerians described it as. RED, they say its about 2000 degrees indicating its red hot. Also, how wierd is it that they "finally" found it in 2012, many (like myself) believe they found it long ago, so if this is true then why 2012?!?! If it was to cause much havoc they would wait till last minute. Something that ive thought about is... The ESO say that this is the brightest star in the sky. OUR GOV said that in previous years that the space station was the brightest star in the sky (which was probably true) SO If we can see the space station AND this thing in the sky at the same time, then WHAT is causing this thing to get brighter?!?! Only one explanation... ITS GETTING CLOSER!!!
HERES THE INTRESTING PART... Ive always been intrested in binary start (perticulary ours). I watched a whole program on the History channel about Do we have a binary star?? Don't forget they talked much about a possible dark twin star in the popular science magizenes 50's-80's. THEY ALSO FOUND OUT that majority of the stars in the universe HAVE a binary star..... They aren't even completely SURE that we have one, yet they can tell if a star has one lightyears away. NOW, If we DO have a binary star, which in the History channel they talked much about a Bigger star and a Smaller star how their orbit would work... It would be like this...

Binary star orbit Except you would have the smaller one doing more of a eliptical orbit (Like planet x is said to have) and our sun doing a small circle which would do most of its movement when this thing swings around it.
It seems to make alot of since, just that the ESO didn't say much about our neighboring star... ALSO Ive never heard ANYTHING about our neighboring solar system until now... Don't you thing they would look further into how that system works and possibly making some kind of trip (probe/drone) to a planet there???
edit on 10/24/2012 by jordanAKbramsen because: Pic didn't work
edit on 10/24/2012 by jordanAKbramsen because: PIC DIDNT WORK!!! ugh
edit on 10/24/2012 by jordanAKbramsen because: Fixed it

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

your link took me to google

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
Now, before you guys start throwing up the numbers they provide in the article... Just think, HOW would you go about spreading this news among the whole world??
Now, this is the 12th planet that has been mythisized for thousands of years whether they say it or not it matches up with how the summerians described it as. RED, they say its about 2000 degrees indicating its red hot. Also, how wierd is it that they "finally" found it in 2012, many (like myself) believe they found it long ago, so if this is true then why 2012?!?! If it was to cause much havoc they would wait till last minute. Something that ive thought about is... The ESO say that this is the brightest star in the sky. OUR GOV said that in previous years that the space station was the brightest star in the sky (which was probably true) SO If we can see the space station AND this thing in the sky at the same time, then WHAT is causing this thing to get brighter?!?! Only one explanation... ITS GETTING CLOSER!!!
HERES THE INTRESTING PART... Ive always been intrested in binary start (perticulary ours). I watched a whole program on the History channel about Do we have a binary star?? Don't forget they talked much about a possible dark twin star in the popular science magizenes 50's-80's. THEY ALSO FOUND OUT that majority of the stars in the universe HAVE a binary star..... They aren't even completely SURE that we have one, yet they can tell if a star has one lightyears away. NOW, If we DO have a binary star, which in the History channel they talked much about a Bigger star and a Smaller star how their orbit would work... It would be like this...
Except you would have the smaller one doing more of a eliptical orbit (Like planet x is said to have) and our sun doing a small circle which would do most of its movement when this thing swings around it.
It seems to make alot of since, just that the ESO didn't say much about our neighboring star... ALSO Ive never heard ANYTHING about our neighboring solar system until now... Don't you thing they would look further into how that system works and possibly making some kind of trip (probe/drone) to a planet there???

Can you fix your link please and thank you.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

--The ISS is not a star.

--They just told us about this planet because they just discovered it.

--To send a probe like you suggest would take a very very long time to get there. You would be long dead by the time it reached the planet.

--It is not in our solar system, so why do you refer to it as the "12th planet"?

--Alpha Centauri is not the discovery. It has been known about for ages. It is the planet orbiting it that is the discovery.
edit on 10/24/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

google pics wouldn't work >
New link

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Okay, way to get literal. If you are a non informed being on this planet, you would recognise this "space station" as a star. I could have gone more into detail but you can get the jist of it...
Well, why has our gov said time and time again that they FOUND it. first in 1983, and also in 2008 they said its a "brown dwarf" they didn't just find some balogny planet, that was IT!!
Like I said, if it was much closer then this, do you think they would give its exact location if it was to cause a world wide pandema?? I think not.... sometimes we can't let others think for us, we gotta think for ourselfs.
Because even though it doesn't have an circular orbit, it still comes through our solar system (well, possibly) and has a major impact on us. It isn't constantly in our solar system, which means we cannot classify it as a closer planet, so we may call it the 12th planet since in a way, it really DOES orbit our sun and it is the furthest planet from our sun for the majority of the time

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Because even though it doesn't have an circular orbit, it still comes through our solar system (well, possibly) and has a major impact on us.

Where do you get this from?
Link?

Well, why has our gov said time and time again that they FOUND it. first in 1983, and also in 2008 they said its a "brown dwarf" they didn't just find some balogny planet, that was IT!!

what are you talking about here?
The ISS? Alpha Centauri? The planet? Nibiru?
edit on 10/24/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The ISS is a hoax.
Fakery in Orbit: THE ISS

Wakey wakey time!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I will tell you what, the interesting part of this is that where we thought it had NO planets, we find one..

in all likelihood, alpha centauri has more than little molten alpha centauri Bb...

it probably has a few more, if what we know already about solar systems is true....what matter formed it, must have formed others.....maybe even one in the goldilocks zone...
edit on 24-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
Except you would have the smaller one doing more of a eliptical orbit (Like planet x is said to have) and our sun doing a small circle which would do most of its movement when this thing swings around it.
Did you even read the article you posted?

First the facts:

The planet revolves around a Alpha Centauri B, part of a ternary star system called Alpha Centauri which consists of Alpha Centauri A, Alpha Centauri B and Proxima Centauri.

The Alpha Centauri System is 4.3 light years away (it is the closest star system to our own Solar System).

Now the OP's original foregone conclusions:

The planet is red. No Proxima Centauri is a red dwarf star. The planet is described as slightly larger in mass than the Earth and revolving far to close to it's Sun to support life as we know it.

It is actually a triple star — a system consisting of two stars similar to the Sun orbiting close to each other, designated Alpha Centauri A and B, and a more distant and faint red component known as Proxima Centauri [1].

The planet is getting closer because it is getting brighter. Nothing is described as getting brighter. The closest to something being described as bright is speculation about how Alpha Centauri A would appear in the planets sky.

The orbit of the other bright component of the double star, Alpha Centauri A, keeps it hundreds of times further away, but it would still be a very brilliant object in the planet’s skies.

More about Alpha Centauri

-saige-

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
The ISS is a hoax.

Wakey wakey time!

No, it's not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

The ISS is a hoax.

Wakey wakey time!

No, it's not.

Yip. This hoax video has been dealt with in the thread.
Where are all the other (professional) efforts capturing the ISS in transit?
There are surprisingly few, and all are suspect, to the critical eye (and mind).
Is this amateur (and his equipment) especially unique and gifted?
He makes an appearance in the thread link i posted, and exits quickly stage left when
confronted (toward the end of the thread).

But people will believe what they will. The programming is deep.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sirius is the brightest star I think?

and while 2012 has a connection to Stichin, he actually didnt call for Nibiru for another 600 years?

Also, noting you didn't mention Stichin, He isn't the greatest scholar noted with the theory of Nibiru, so tragically hijacked by the famed Liar Nancy Lieder

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

They said no such thing in 1983. If you had even bothered to do research on this subject instead of just looking at sources that confirm your bias you would have quickly realized this. Here's the real story. In 1983 the IRAS mission came to a close. Within the data there were ten unidentified signatures. At the time researchers postulated on what these objects might be. Among a number of other possibilities they did mention a new planet in the solar system. Their actual paper on these signatures was released in 1984. Then in 1985 they published a follow-up paper identifying nine of the objects as young, distant, ultra-luminous galaxies many light years away. Then in 1987 another follow-up paper was published at which point the final object was identified as an infrared cirrus. It should also be mentioned that the researchers that published these papers did not work for NASA. They worked for a number of different universities.

As for your 2008 claim I have no idea what you're talking about. The Internet doesn't either. I did a search for NASA announcing a brown dwarf in the solar system and turned up nothing.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

The ISS is a hoax.

Wakey wakey time!

No, it's not.

Yip. This hoax video has been dealt with in the thread.

It's not a hoax. I shot it myself.

Where are all the other (professional) efforts capturing the ISS in transit?

I don't know of too many "professional" efforts, there's no point to doing so in professional astronomy. Doesn't matter though, you have not proven my video a hoax, nor is it a hoax.

Is this amateur (and his equipment) especially unique and gifted?

You're talking about me.

He makes an appearance in the thread link i posted, and exits quickly stage left when
confronted (toward the end of the thread).

Quite the contrary, I gave everyone there the opportunity to see it for themselves in person. No one seems interested in doing so, which says a lot about the sincerity of their beliefs or lack thereof. I do not appreciate defamation or having my name revealed by the site administrator without my permission. The administrator banned me from being able to defend my reputation and is continuing to defame me.
edit on 24-10-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I will tell you what, the interesting part of this is that where we thought it had NO planets, we find one..

in all likelihood, alpha centauri has more than little molten alpha centauri Bb...

it probably has a few more, if what we know already about solar systems is true....what matter formed it, must have formed others.....maybe even one in the goldilocks zone...
edit on 24-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

It was not prevalently held that Alpha Centauri definitely had no planets; it was just not known whether it did have any, as we didn't have the means to detect them. I'm sure there were people who believed that it had no planets, of course, and maybe it was the consensus belief -- but i'm confident no one held it as a cold hard fact.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

What do you mean where do i get this from?!?! I am never convinced by just one link, I will give you info and you make look it up, just as i did so, i had no one to direct me I just started my journey of research. I will try to give you some things that have convinced me.... that is IF you can be convinced from sources that are "unofficial". The currency of switzerland has a VERY odd picture on it, what planet x's orbit is "BELIEVED" to be like. an "eliptical" orbit. The ancient summerians counted this "12th planet" as a part of our solar system, along with the other 11 planets that they knew basically all the details and colors of. I say 12th because this "Planet" came after pluto and they counted this "planet" because it in a sense orbits our sun. THE ANCIENTS have documented this planet and the stages that will come amungst us so that we may be prepared, you may have heard about the 3 days of darkness where there was 3 days of NO documented information from these people, and they then start learning amazing things in a stairstep formation, not a branching formation. They ALSO documented and made amazing statues in respect to the Annunaki who say they come from the planet "Nibiru"
And yes, I am in fact talking about Nibiru. Nibiru, who almost everyone who has heard of anykind of information assosiated with this planet has the intellegence that this is said to be a Brown Dwarf, recently classified more as a Red Dwarf actully.
If you are still non believing then goodbye, because you wont be convinced until its in the sky.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

That is my picture and my name, linking my screen name here to it and invading my privacy against my will. Additionally, that site is engaging in defamation by falsely accusing me of faking my videos, something you have also done now but refuse to back up with any proof at all. Since you have all of this personal data about me, you know what star party I'll be attending and if you want to attend yourself you can come see ISS in my telescope in person. Now, why wouldn't you want to do that if you really think I'm hoaxing my videos and that ISS is fake? It would be a huge scoop for you and your friends over there... I'll tell you why; you know deep down that you're dead wrong about me, and you know that if you showed up in person your ridiculous beliefs would be shattered.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yes, as I looked for the article I could not find it. I have only seen it in video's as I cant find a official or non official link to that articles, but what i DO remember is that this exact quote was in the headline "Heavenly body found". I believe it was in the new york times. I don't see why they would come off so confident if the research wasn't done by professionals then or why they wouldn't have professionals debunk it before they get the people so hyped....
www.youtube.com...
does the internet not agree with me? ALTHOUGH he does say "Evidence"... HOW, and i strongly question this, how could they even come up with the size and distance if they havent even found it?!?!

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join