It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Storm

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Yup

Score one for spirit!

*PING!*

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Yup

Score one for spirit!

*PING!*

That would be score TWO for spirit. She got hurricane Sandy forming in the Caribbean and being a massive force like we haven't seen in awhile too.

*Ping* Ping*

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well if you want to freak out about predictions the dude who predicted the Colorado theater shooting down to a surprising level of detail using occult symbolism in the batman movie or some such thing predicted an event in the next few days that would make us see the sky fall using the new Bond movie. After seeing pics of Sandy, I guess this would be it.
edit on 28-10-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's raining now ... the way-outter bands have arrived. FRANKENSTORM is approaching ...
Jeeze this is big! The storm eye isn't even supposed to be over us until early Tuesday AM!!!!
The Weather Channel has us with 5-10 inches of rain. Considering how early it's starting -
I believe the forecast.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's raining now ... the way-outter bands have arrived. FRANKENSTORM is approaching ...
Jeeze this is big! The storm eye isn't even supposed to be over us until early Tuesday AM!!!!
The Weather Channel has us with 5-10 inches of rain. Considering how early it's starting -
I believe the forecast.

Are you in an evacuation zone? I was noticing now all of the evacuations coming in.....
I am getting lots of wind. All night long it was pretty steady in the 20-30mph range.....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
unsure if this means anything at all but none of my chickens will come out of their pen this morning?

they always come out like horses on a race track when their gate opens at 9:00 AM and today they are staying hunkered down in their coup, that's kind of scaring me a bit. i live 50 miles or so west north west of philly and this thing has us in it's cross hairs.

i remember hurricane Agnes in 1972 and the town i live in was under 20 feet of water after that mess. i watched whole houses float down the river only to be destroyed when they collided with the various bridges along the way.

be safe neighbors and don't take any unnecessary risk if you can avoid it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
unsure if this means anything at all but none of my chickens will come out of their pen this morning?

they always come out like horses on a race track when their gate opens at 9:00 AM and today they are staying hunkered down in their coup, that's kind of scaring me a bit. i live 50 miles or so west north west of philly and this thing has us in it's cross hairs.

i remember hurricane Agnes in 1972 and the town i live in was under 20 feet of water after that mess. i watched whole houses float down the river only to be destroyed when they collided with the various bridges along the way.

be safe neighbors and don't take any unnecessary risk if you can avoid it.

ALWAYS listen to your chickens!!

I know what you mean about charging out like race horses. Mine do too. When they haven't on a couple of occasions, I figure they're afraid of something. That's when I feed and water them inside. I figure they know something I don't and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Be safe people. Use your heads and stay alert.

edit on 28-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I agree, chickens don't lie..

And they don't have nuggets.

Everyone needs to be aware and on guard...
even chickens

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The wild birds have been freaking out the last couple of days in Eastern PA. They are flying around frantically in large flocks like they do before a storm. Animals and birds definitely listen to their inner instincts better than most people.

It has started raining here and the wind is picking up. They sky looks ominous. Looks like Sandy is coming.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

WOW same with my hens!!!

The Rooster however will not SHUT UP!!!

Please stay safe yourself!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

WOW same with my hens!!!

The Rooster however will not SHUT UP!!!

Please stay safe yourself!!!!

really? that's quite ominous to say the least.

i'm a relative noob with chickens since i only started this past March and i'm still in learning mode, but really enjoying my yard birds. i free range them since i just cannot see animals caged up all their lives ya know.
one of my girls took a hit from a large Red Tail hawk two weeks ago, she survived but was under the weather for a few days.

barometric pressure has dropped down to 29.87 inches or 1013 millibars and i believe Sandy is around 950 millibars so we're in for ride my mid atlantic relatives!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm glad they had time to evacuate the coastal areas. I hope everyone got out safely and heeded the warnings. Things get nasty on the barrier islands during any heavy rain.

I remember one time when we were vacationing on Long Beach Island, NJ (one of many times), it started to rain. The car was packed to head home, but we stopped for breakfast before leaving the island. By the time we finished breakfast, I had to carry my son in my arms to leave the restaurant, wading through knee deep water. The water was half way up the car doors as we drove down the street, making waves on either side of the car. There were trash cans and other things floating down the streets. By the time we reached the bridge to leave the island, we were sitting in a slow traffic jamb.

Sudden downpours do that on the islands. They are low and completely surrounded by water. That particular island in some places is no more than a few blocks wide. You can stand on the bay side and look across to the beach side. There is a reason most of the homes are built up on stilts. I can imagine what it is like during a hurricane.

So, yeah I hope everyone is out of those areas.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
NYC ordered by Mayor Bloomberg now that there is mandatory evacuations in zone A? They are closing rail, transits and subways systems!!!!!! On news now!

MANDATORY EVACUATION!! ZONE A.... 375,000 people!!
edit on 28-10-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

In the live interview, Bloomberg said this is because the surge is going to be a few feet higher than they predicted yesterday.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Massive and dangerous Hurricane Sandy has grown to record size as it barrels northeastwards along the North Carolina coast at 10 mph. At 8 am EDT, Sandy's tropical storm-force winds extended northeastwards 520 miles from the center, and twelve-foot high seas covered a diameter of ocean 1,030 miles across. Since records of storm size began in 1988, no tropical storm or hurricane has been larger (though Hurricane Olga of 2001 had a larger 690 mile radius of tropical storm-force winds when it was a subtropical storm near Bermuda.) Sandy has put an colossal volume of ocean water in motion with its widespread and powerful winds, and the hurricane's massive storm surge is already impacting the coast. A 2' storm surge has been recorded at numerous locations this morning from Virginia to Connecticut, including a 3' surge at Virginia's Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and Sewells Point at 9 am EDT. Huge, 10 - 15 foot-high battering waves on top of the storm surge have washed over Highway 12 connecting North Carolina's Outer Banks to the mainland at South Nags Head this morning. The highway is now impassable, and has been closed. The coast guard station on Cape Hatteras, NC, recorded sustained winds of 50 mph, gusting to 61 mph, at 5:53 am EDT this morning. In Delaware, the coastal highway Route 1 between Dewey Beach and Bethany Beach has been closed due to high water. Even though Sandy is a minimal Category 1 hurricane, its storm surge is extremely dangerous, and if you are in a low-lying area that is asked to evacuate, I strongly recommend that you leave.

weatherunderground

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maryland has now started mandatory for some low lying areas. Smith island in the Chesapeake Bay has already been evacuated. There are many voluntary evaucations for many areas.

They are expected an 8+ storm surge for the eastern seaboard.

MARC train service is suspended for tomorrow. Which means half the workforce can't get into DC

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Do you have life vests for your chickens or are they good swimmers?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You guys are aware that this is the risk of living in a coastal region. This happens on the south coast just as well. 5 to 10 inches of rain may seem like a lot, but it's really quite shallow for a hurricane. Many storms produce upwards of 12 to 16 inches.

All of the news sources I've looked at, including the National Weather Service, and the National Hurricane Center are saying the same thing, that the storm may be LIKE the 1991 Perfect Storm. They're not even sure on the progression of the US Trough.

I supposed it should be added, I am not saying that the storm won't be bad...but I am saying that it's not going to be one of those "once in a lifetime" events either.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Kouin because: Left out some stuff

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kouin

Again, it is not any one element that makes a storm bad.

The problem with this storm, is that the water surge, has ALREADY surpassed that of Irene, and the storm doens't get here for another day. It is just a powerful storm. Not a lot of rain, not a lot of wind, but a lot of energy that is over 1000 miles wide.

The body count for the caribbean is over 60 now.

Irene was a billion dollar + storm. So if the surge is already higher and the storm isn't here yet, it is just going to be fun.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I beg all who lived within the mandatory evacation zones to leave. This is serious. It is based upon science as well as the principle of being safe than sorry. Each human life is precious and means something special to another.

Leave, and leave none behind. Try to remember and help anyone who can't physically move, such as the infirm, the aged, those living alone such as widows/ widowers, singles, the poor and the homeles. Nature is not a means for euthansia or genocide. It was never intended that way, unless foolish man misuse his free will for such.

It may be worse than the hurricane that miss praying jamicans but slaughtered Haiti. This weather phenomena is a combination of 2 intense weather fronts set to create history of massive destruction.

Please leave. Each human life is precious, and play important roles in the civilisation of mankind. Being 'there' alive, for your loved ones or those whom cares about you is one of such critical roles humans that were were given the gift of life for. Do not waste it unnecessarily or meaninglessly.....
edit on 28-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join