It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Storm

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Delaware finally declared a state of emergency. They are taking all the overhead signs down from the highways. The Weather Channel (Al Roker) is broadcasting from Rohoboth Beach. Maybe I'll take a drive over and watch ....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is turning out to be one heck of a storm!
Stay safe people!
You are in my prayers.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

S@F for bringing this to the forum, I have been stuck watching msm take on it and they even laughed about it on Regis and Kelly, well not Regis but Kelly did, and then she said she was only kidding after saying a 90% chance of nothing happening. I thought she was very irresponsible in her quirkiness.

Anyway, only a few minutes to come on and read this morning so I am off to read the posts to your thread now.

Again thank you.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OH FF I am so worried about you now after reading that post. Please be safe and go to shelter in for this one. Be safe and do not take any chances. You are loved, and valued...know that.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

It is a big storm. The sporadic rains start here, tonight. The storm arrives 2:00 am Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nothing better happen to Dewey Beach!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

IMO we leaves are worse then snow. I had that thought, that the trees will be stripped fo their leaves, and we are going to have inches of sopping wet leaves, making everything treacherous.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Remember 2009 snowmagedon? Factor in hurricane force wind and rain, take this serious friends. I am trying to watch twc right now but they cut to commercial every 2 minutes for 10 so it is hard to focus on what they are trying to say but really it seems more like diversion or something. A few days ago I cried for no reason and spent a couple days just anxious over something out of my control, something that was coming and that felt very sad and wrong. I feel for you guys out that way and for pets, wildlife, plants and trees. This seems to put closure on my high anxiety of last week, rare for me but reliable intuition.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yah! We have got our generator, propane, and gas tanks all filled...The lines are CRAZY, the grocery stores are all but cleared out. Im high in elevation and not worried about all the rain, but am worried about trees falling on power lines....We live in an area where that is a big problem......

Here are some pics of the type of trees we worry about: Great Big Oaks: this was from CAT 1 Irene.........we were without power and water for over a week!!

edit on 27-10-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I live very far south to where this hurricane is at. Looking at the weather channel here, as since last the night the wind has been blowing like crazy!! If the winds are this strong all the way down here.. Please people in NY, and up north where this storm is coming. Take HEED. I have winds at 25-35MPH here where I am, and its not even close to the hurricane.
I have this really sinking feeling, that this hurricane is going to be extremely bad news where ever it makes land fall.
BE PREPARED! And get out of dodge while you still can IMO. Do not want to create hype, or scare anyone, but use common sense here.

I am in Clearwater FL. and the winds are strong here.. Take that into consideration.

Being in FL, we have plenty of hurricanes, yet where I live we are rarely hit very hard, but surrounding towns south and north of us have been totally leveled by CAT 2+ . CAT 1 are still nothing to snub.

No clouds in the sky here, yet my garbage cans where at the end of the street, they are about 10 pound cans too. NJ folks. GET the hell out of town if you can..
edit on 27-10-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have A LOT of friends in NJ and for some reason, they don't seem to be the least bit concerned....and THAT frightens me. What IF this really hits hard? NYC is surrounded by water....and big buildings. Those buildings DO MOVE, even with a small breeze.
And all that water? Where is it going to go???

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We have his big ridiculous tree in our backyard. That is the only thing that worries me.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Text i live in north east new jersey. my mom lives in totowa, and she lost everything in the basement. collectibles, inherited family heirlooms.. fema gave her $600. thats all.. my father is deceased since 2002, and anything i had of memory of him, is gone. i just today packed my mother up and got supplies so she is ready to move to higher ground for sandy. i am VERY worried about this "perfect storm". i currently live with my fiance, and her house is 100 years old. the earthquake in VA last year, put a line through both sides of my garage. like someone cut it with a laser. this house was rocking last year with irene, but that lasted what..9 hours? this is going to be DAYS. all i know is when the SHTF, im ready to take action.

to all my ATS members that live in 973 jersey,or anywhere on the east coast, in the path, please..be safe my friends. dont forget your food, batteries, gas, cards, radios, candles...charge your phones..stay safe.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

Ice age warming... Damn, we have some snow already here in europe and never such storms or hurricanes.Once again the summer turning right into winter. This is so borring (and ugly). Finally something nice to my popcorn. Where are the videos? Keep them comming! Actually I donť remember the last major hurricane, it was so long ago. Are "they" sucking mojo off them or what?
edit on 27/10/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Residents in Delaware being ordered to evacuate 50,000 people???

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here in ATL you can definitely feel the weird atmospheric vibe. The sunset was very strange and the air very still. It's kind of crazy, especially knowing that it's lurking out there.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I live in Vermont, and Irene really hit my state pretty hard. People are scared about Sandy, with good reason. I know people who are leaving to go to higher elevations(not hard since we are the green mountain state). Something about this storm is freaking me out. Hopefully it won't hit hard, but if it does I hope everyone will be okay.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I had kind of the same thought when I heard the hurricanes name which is Sandy.

Be aware on the east coast. Sandy could cause a lot of problems.

Also she is correct about a major eq, this could happen any day now, but I am getting farther north. Like pacific NW. I don't make predictions, however after listening to her, I can say that the last few weeks my mind has been pushing at me about a major EQ along the west coast...I hope I am wrong and hope she is wrong.

I went and looked up her prediction for Cali on another youtube vid, her date is off, she says August.

I know from personal experience that predictions like these can be off by a few months to years depending on situations.

Here is an update from her on sept 18th

Talks about a lot of things happening here this year.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Good call dude! (7.7 EQ today on west coast.. north of Cali o_o)

Or bad.. depending on how you look at it :
edit on 27-10-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have to ask this question. What about all the nuclear power plants along the east coast? Do you think they will be affected by this storm if it merges with the other storms and turns into a super cell like the meteorologists are predicting?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Hawaii is now under Tsunami Warning following 7.7 earthquake south of Juneau, AK. Just as Jessica predicted!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join