It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Storm

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Be safe sweetie! Hunker down. Next time you can bunker down...ha!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
The Bounty crew have abandoned ship. The 17 are now in two lifeboats.

Prayers their way.

www.foxnews.com...

I hope to god they all are rescued, but the the heck were they doing out there after only a week of warnings?

Stupidity costs lives and in this case it really might have.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

They were trying to save their ship. The ship had no chance moored at the pier. Their only chance was to try to get ahead of the storm. They may have not left soon enough, but they made the choice to try to save their beloved ship.

edit on 10-29-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
[Updated at 6:13 p.m.] More than 1.5 million customers are without power due to Sandy, about double the amount just a few hours earlier.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
[Updated at 6:26 p.m.] Claudene Christian, one of two missing people from the HMS Bounty, has been found dead, the U.S. Coast Guard said. The ship sank off the North Carolina coast earlier Monday, and 14 crew members were subsequently rescued. The Coast Guard is still looking for 63-year-old Robin Walbridge, the ship's captain.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by Iwinder

They were trying to save their ship. The ship had no chance moored at the pier. Their only chance was to try to get ahead of the storm. They may have not left soon enough, but they made the choice to try to save their beloved ship.

edit on 10-29-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

Not to argue here but I doubt any of the crew owned that ship, I do not doubt that all that stayed on board regret that choice and will for life if they live that is.

Here in Southern Ontario our city has lost the power for about 90 mins it is back on now but we have our furnace cranked up, our gas stove on, and firewood stacked and dried ready to go.

The wind here is horrendous the rain is somewhat light but really sheeting from the wind.
We live about a kilometer from the southern shore of Lake Huron right across from Port Huron Michigan.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

No, they didn't own the ship. They were the crew. They were loyal to its preservation.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
[Updated at 7:13 p.m.] More than 2.2 million customers are without power in 11 states and the District of Columbia, according to data from utility companies.

[Updated at 7:23 p.m.] Weather authorities reported a storm surge of 12.4 feet in Kings Point, on Long Island's northwest coast about 10 miles from the New York City borough of Queens. A surge of 7.2 feet was seen in Manhattan's Battery district, with a 7.5 foot-high surge reported in Sandy Hook, New Jersey, according to the National Hurricane Center.

[Updated at 7:44 p.m.] "The whole north side of" Seaside Heights, New Jersey, "is totally under water" - rising halfway up most front doors - the community's police Chief Thomas Boyd said. A 50-foot piece of boardwalk was ripped up and floated away from the ocean all the way to the bay.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Flipping back and forth between channels, it seems that there are at least 4 fatalities.......

live.reuters.com...

edit on 29-10-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Man didn't think it would get this bad...

Some crazy stuff going on these days...

Stay safe.

[Updated at 8:42 p.m.] "The Hudson River is flowing in on both sides" of Hoboken, New Jersey, Mayor Dawn Zimmer told CNN. Two fire stations have been evacuated, the North Hudson Sewerage Authority building "is totally flooded," and live wires are down in four locations, she added.

"Many parts of the city now are impassable," Zimmer said.

[Updated at 8:29 p.m.] LaGuardia Airport has been closed until further notice "due to floodwaters generated by" Sandy, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey announced.

-SAP-
edit on 29-10-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Yeah, tough to imagine something that they are calling Frankestorm and have been warning everyone about for days is causing tremendous flooding and damage. Hopefully those who chose to ignore the warnings don't cause rescue workers to become injured or killed.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
CNN confirmed 5 fatalities in NY city if I heard that right.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

So 4 in NJ and 5 in NY....With the hospital being evacuated right now, I wonder how many of those patients will become fatalities....

live.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The eye of Frankenstorm passed directly over us at 11:00 PM last night.
The rain on the flip side wasn't as bad as the rain in the front.
The wind on the flip side seemed worse. It might not have been .. but it seemed to be.

And now the miracle ... we went through the eye of the largest storm in Americas recorded history and we have our power on! Unbelievable. This thing is STILL going on here (5:40 am Tuesday) but we have power! The power went off and on about 6 or 7 times, but I can't say that we lost it. I heard a transformer blow up at 1:30 this morning (you can't miss it when that happens!) and our lights went out but they came right back on.

Calling this Frankenstorm is accurate. It's the strangest hurricane I've ever been in (and I've been in a bunch). There was nothing tropical about it. It felt like a nor'easter but with cold bone biting rain instead of snow.

I still want to know why the news is focused on NYC flooding and blackout when so much of the rest of the country is a mess from this thing. It's strange ....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I still want to know why the news is focused on NYC flooding and blackout when so much of the rest of the country is a mess from this thing. It's strange ....

Cos that's where the rich people and TV networks live.
edit on 30-10-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Glad you are alright! News reporting levee break in Moonachie NJ......

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I know there will be more heart-breaking events due to this storm but so far this dam break and the fire in Queens are the two most upsetting for me. I feel so sorry for the victims of the firestorm in Queens. And the poor firefighters...they all showed up, but there wasn't really anything they could do but watch. You can't fight a fire in 70 mph winds!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here is an update on the crew member rescued from the HMS Bounty.

newlondon.patch.com

Tuesday, Oct. 30, 8:12 a.m: Claudene Christian, the sailor rescued from the HMS Bounty has died, ABC News is reporting.

According to the USA Today, the Coast Guard rescued 42-year-old Christian several hours after Jayhawk helicopters plucked 14 people from life rafts. The crew abandoned the ship after it began to take on water while sailing off Cape Hatteras during Hurricane Sandy.

NBC News reported that Christian was unresponsive when pulled from the water and taken to Albemarle Hospital in Elizabeth City, N.C, where ABC News said she was pronounced dead early Tuesday morning.

More on her at the link.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ok, so the storm has past, the tragedy is unfolding still on damages, and this thread was DEAD ON.

This was beyond the perfect storm, it was the greatest storm to ever hit the USA in terms of damage and cost, but thank god the death toll was very low

So to the OP,
Great job on putting forth something that caught your eye/intuition!

I don't want to diminish the tragedy, just want to give credit where it is due in pointing this out to everyone before it happened.

You never know, your actions may of saved peoples lives who visit this site,just by making them a bit more aware of what was coming at them.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
This lady is no psychic .... Halloween isn't for another week, choose another profession ditz...

You know, month or two back i was reading her blogs during the cali earthquake swarm and she predicted this storm, from what i remeber she pretty much nailed it. I will have to try and find this but i remember reading this well before this even came about....just saying.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join