It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW: Boeing CHAMP Missile Takes Out Buildings Power (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Cruising fast over the Western Utah Desert, a lone missile makes history at the Utah Test and Training Range. The missile, known as CHAMP, or Counter-electronics High-powered Advanced Missile Project may one day change modern warfare, by defeating electronic targets with little or no collateral damage.

www.boeing.com...

I thought North Korea had this technology for a decade now (If so), most certainly US and China have high power EMP blast weapons? Yet, from this video.. It appears to be the first?
edit on 24-10-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Pretty badass technology... I'm all for weapons that reduce collateral damage while causing little to no damage... So these are like EMP missiles, but without the radiation?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
They said they knocked out the camera that was recording the test, but it looks like it was still working in the video. I wonder what kind of microwave generation they're using and if it can be mounted on other platforms.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

About 11 -12 years ago Popular Mechanics Published an article on how easy it would be to build an EMP missile for under 400$. I'll try to find the article. If I can't find it I'll post scans of the article if I still have the issue in question.
-
EDIT
-
Here is an article based the Popular Mechanics Article. It's basically the same with diagrams and what not.
edit on 24-10-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
From yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Looks like that technology could easily be adapted for drone use on domestic targets as well - effectively staying up for hours popping off designated targets deemed "terrorist" threats.

**note to self - use internet cafe when logged on to ATS**

S&F for the heads-up.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
it shouldnt be too difficult to "shield" a building from this type of attack.
a little lead paint would most likely protect from it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

lol it took out your duplicate thread as well
i posted a link here for those that land there until mods delete it

OT
another multimillion [billion?] dollar boondoggle.

Inexpensive Method To Shield a Room Against Microwave Energy

also what makes these people think this kind of attack can't be developed elsewhere and used against them
after all knowing a thing can be done is 50% of the work.
reply to post by lonewolf10

lead is bad for you mmmkay see above link

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
it shouldnt be too difficult to "shield" a building from this type of attack.
a little lead paint would most likely protect from it.

I would have thought the only way to shield against such an attack would be enclose all sensitive electronic and electrical systems with in a grounded Faraday cage. I dont think lead paint would offer any protection from such a weapon.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Nice clip. I opened a thread yesterday but no video on it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
heres my question if you were to build a building where there's chicken wire under the stucco. Chicken wire under the roofing. Chicken wire at the entrance to any air vents. ANd install window that have that wire mesh inside of them, would that effectively enshroud the entire building in a faraday cage making the weapon useless in that instance. Chicken wires pretty cheap. It wouldn't be a difficult thing to add to any building plans for future installations that could be built.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

It is pretty bad ass I like it but I have my doubts about it reducing collateral damage. Shoot it in take out radar and anti air and then like all things are government do blow stuff up. Sure it would mean less damage for our side but drones still hit targets that shouldnt be shot at and so do our missiles

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
From yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

k. my thread can be deleted, but mine had a catchier title...
That's why it got more reviews/replies

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

You would need to ground the Chicken wire to achieve and kind of protection. Also all doors and windows would also have to be covered in Chicken wire. Essential the building would be the Faraday Cage, that might work.
edit on 24-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is certainly interesting, but I fail to see why the lights in the office ,and the camera were not powered down by the weapon also. I guess it must have a function which allows individual tech types to be affected, perhaps by modulation of the frequencies the weapon is effecting.

Also, did anyone notice the CD drive on the computer case, top of centre shot, shoot out and lob its contents out? I thought that was damned funny for some reason!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Can't say cause we don't know the wavelength they are using but most probably not. A cage design provides protection to electrostatic charge induced by EMP but what they're doing is focused. Has to be microwave. That would require much heavier shielding.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
pretty sure admins took my close encounters thread down but I was blasted in 2010 in southern nevada and was gangstalked into new mexico and had a ship stealthed above the trees in texas as a result of talking smack while drunk on a space forums filled with ex nasa engineers.

They have had these mounted to space craft for some time now although I am unsure why they would allow me to see half the # they did.

I am an uneducated # head and the last person they would want to show that to but they did.

Must have been something I said.

new topics

top topics

join