It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Solid Truth Please - "zombie apocalypse" Would You Be Scared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
(Yes i know this is something unlikely to happen but just play along with this thread)

Okay now iv spoken to some mates telling me how strong and tough they would be if a zombie apocalypse happened.

It made me think, Really would be that tough at first? Yes later on some of us may get use to dead people walking around looking for human flesh to rip them apart and eat them, but at first Think for a second.. If in 3 days time it was breaking news on TV and then 2 weeks the streets was empty & it is now your first week of a zombie apocalypse looking out your window bed seeing dead people walking around, how tough would you be to not be scared?

(Yes i know this is something unlikely to happen but just play along with this thread)
edit on 24-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm already used to mindless zombies roaming the streets.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would relocate to Washington D.C. as all the Zombies would stave to death there!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Are we talking Resident Evil zombies or Night of the Living Dead zombies?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Why would I be scared? I already see emotionless, dumb and aggressive people when I get out.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

The RE ones would scare the **** out of me.
The LD ones, not so much.
edit on 24-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

every zombie type you can think of!! ahahah

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would totally get one of those suits made out of metal that shark shows use to prevent them from biting me then be like Woody Harrelson on steroids with far better weapons and dedicate everyday to a killing spree.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

i would love a zombie apocalypses. it would limit the amount of douche bags and you can still live through a zombie apocalypses if you have good stamina. i guess it would be scary at times. just imagine the smell? dead zombies would smell really bad and the dead that don;t come back as zombies would stink. it will be one smelly planet in a zombie apocalypses.

survival of the fittest ftw (^_^)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hard Solid Truth Please - "zombie apocalypse" Would You Be Scared?

I'd be ****ing terrified. But terror really has no place in survival strategy, so you have to have courage.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I would also be like woody , but I know where all the twinkies are!!

But seriously, most zombies we see in the movies are slow!! But the ones from 28 days and weeks later movies scare the crap outa me!!! They move way too fast!!

But I would survive!!

Viperdave

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All these oh so fearless people saying it'd be fun, wait until you first see a horde of zombies coming to your house with you and your family there. See if you don't change your mind and start bawling like a little girl.
edit on 24-10-2012 by reflexlm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

every zombie type you can think of!! ahahah

...great just what I don't need a roach that's even harder to kill and wants to eat my brain.

Resident Evil zombies - I'd be running for my life and hiding most of the time freaked out.

Night of the Living Dead - I'd be living it up and quoting 80's movies lines all day...well till the smell gets too bad at least.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
One thing I have not seen addressed in any zombie movie or tv show is this:

The smell.

I don't think anyone could ever get used to the smell of all that rotting human flesh. The whole world would reek!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

well those from 28 days series are not zombies, those are infected. as the typical pop culteure definition of zombies is one who has died then reanimates to become a flesh eating monster i.e. zombie.

the most important aspect of a zombie is reanimation. you have to die first.

imma nerd ya,

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

World War Z, Max Brooks.

though that's a book, not a film.
edit on 24-10-2012 by CagliostroTheGreat because: to add

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
truly hard to say.

though i like to belive i would be a stone cold badass blowing the crap out of any living dead that happen to be unlucky (rather unwittingly) enough to encounter me.

though it would probably be the exact opposite.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have one solution that nobody I've ever talked to has bothered to think of. (edit, just read above posts and apparently someone HAS thought of what I did.)

Chainmail.

Sure, it is heavy. But you can get used to wearing a complete suit of chainmail after a few weeks to a month of conditioning. Thing is, a scratch can get you. A single scratch. You know what the probability of chainmail being penetrated by teeth would be? 0%. Nor could fingers, or any other known form of attack a zombie could come at you with.

So simple, so primal, yet so darn effective.

So, that's the first thing I would seek or learn to make. They still make it for re-enactments and for shark divers, either would be suitable. With enough time and some basic tools and some instructions (and some steel rod), you could make your own too.

Anyway, no, not scared of the zombie apocalypse. It won't happen because physically it is an impossibility, as we are all electro-chemically operated and without sustenance of the muscles from a beating heart and all the rest of the chemicals that it takes to actually create the operation, a zombie simply cannot exist. What COULD happen would be more of a pandemic, or huge natural disaster, or some other thing but I assure you a zombie (in the form we're accustomed to thanks to lots and lots of TV, movies, games, etc.) cannot exist.
edit on 24-10-2012 by fourthmeal because: Edited because I read posts above me after, and apparently someone HAS thought of what I did.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

The RE ones would scare the **** out of me.
The LD ones, not so much.
edit on 24-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

Agree. Depends on how agile they are.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
After the day I had today, nah, I wouldn't be scared. I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with some meth addicts today. I think the term zombie would be a fitting description for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join