It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Candidate: Pregnancy From Rape “Something God Intended To Happen”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

GOP splits over Richard Mourdock comment
(politico.com)

Republican senate candidate Richard Murdoch said that pregnancies resulting from rape are “something God intended to happen.”

So even though he claims rape is a horrible situation, pregnancy from rape is clearly God's will. Does that mean the rapist was doing God's will?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Republican senate candidate Richard Murdoch said that pregnancies resulting from rape are “something God intended to happen.”

The guy is no doubt an idiot but to be fair why not put the whole quote up?

“I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God...”
In which he continued and stated below

“And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

So your spinning it to meet your goal Black, in my opinion, when you cherry-picked his quote. Still an idiotic comment though.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
At least you got your title right compared to www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I did put the whole quote up - that's why there's a VIDEO posted, so you can hear it from the man's own mouth. No need to 'cherry-pick' as you claim, his quote is bad enough in it's full context.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wonder if I took a broken broom stick and sodomized him with it he would consider that as gods will? I'm so tired of politicians speaking about God's will God's gift. I'm sorry but if there was a god and that was his will I wouldn't want to spend 5mins with that prick let a lone eternity. Guess time to start researching their families and let the issue hit closer to home see of their opinions change any, no I'm not actually do any of that but just something to think about.

Dear god stay the # out of politics.

Dear politicians please listen to the voters and not the voices in you sick sadistic head, its not god your hearing. Also quit trying to tell is how to live our lives and how to regulate our bodies.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Your title and the subsequent post are paraphrasing and cutting out half of the sentence, that would be cherry-picking. We both agree his comments are not the greatest but key words left out turn it into a hit-piece rather than something people can decide for themselves.

Excluding the word "maybe" changes intent greatly and even what he was trying (very poorly I might add) to convey. I do commend you putting the video up so people can hear what he said, but honestly, how many posters are going to come here and make a knee-jerk comment by title alone without even bothering to read what you wrote or posted......
edit on 24-10-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I was so outraged when I heard about this, this morning, that I started gathering articles and YouTube videos to prepare an ATS thread called "Free Will, Ordained Rape and Politics." But, before I began to organize a post, I thought to double check, to make sure I hadn't been scooped.

So, I'll just add my perspective to your thread instead.

I'm sick of right wing religious nut jobs telling folks that they are going to hell because of "free will" and then saying it's God's will to carry and deliver a rapist's child.

Where is the free will of the woman getting raped? Where is the free will of the woman seeking to terminate a pregnancy caused by rape, incest or birth control failure?

I don't want religion dictated through politics. I don't want a Mormon Bishop as president and mixing up what is government with what is religious projection.

Make no mistake, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and many of their GOP brethren are out to take our free will from us under the guise of God's will. The GOP will take a Romney win as God's will to legislate religious ignorance into law.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Well these quotes are bad enough without elaborating or embellishing them. I don't think this individual is evil per se, but rather someone who's dogmatic religious views are clouding his judgement over rape. GUARANTEE you if a man were raped and impregnated from the act, aborting rape pregnancies would be a non-issue.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Well these quotes are bad enough without elaborating or embellishing them. I don't think this individual is evil per se, but rather someone who's dogmatic religious views are clouding his judgement over rape. GUARANTEE you if a man were raped and impregnated from the act, aborting rape pregnancies would be a non-issue.

I am adopted.

My biological mother was 15 and was raped.

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
HA! God's will? What idiocy! All pregnancy from rape is, is complete random chance. Random chance that the woman happens to be ovulating around the time that the rape occurred, the man doesn't have too low of a sperm count, and that the woman can have babies. The last two rarely don't happen, so it mostly comes down to the woman ovulating. If God had ANYTHING to do with the situation at all, he'd have prevented the rape from occurring in the first place.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I probably shouldn't even post here, but...

I find it worrisome that a statement about life being precious (which I also believe) can be so casually equated to mean a statement supporting a horrible crime such as rape (which I absolutely despise). When did we get to the point that two obviously reasonable opinions (sanctity of life and rape is horrible) are contradictory?

It goes farther. Sanctity of life also can mean pro-slavery of women. Belief in a Creator can mean a denial of science. Heterosexuality can mean agreement with discrimination. Pride in heritage can be twisted to mean racism. Church membership can mean homophobia. Agreement with anthropogenic global warming means scientific; denial of it means you drive a Hummer. Wealthy means evil. Poor means lazy. Republican means this. Democrat means that.

Can anyone just admit that it is possible to hold individual views?

It's getting to the point that I find myself dismissing stories because I make an assumption they are simply twisted non-facts bent to fit a political agenda. That means those in power can get away with almost anything, because they won't be taken seriously when something terrible actually happens.

Here's a crazy idea... how about we listen to what is actually said instead of trying to force it to spin into something it is not and never was meant to be? How about we show respect for others by having enough respect to actually try and understand what is being said? how about we look for truth instead of fabrications that fit our political/social/religious agendas?

Nah... crazy idea.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I probably shouldn't even post here, but...

I find it worrisome that a statement about life being precious (which I also believe) can be so casually equated to mean a statement supporting a horrible crime such as rape (which I absolutely despise). When did we get to the point that two obviously reasonable opinions (sanctity of life and rape is horrible) are contradictory?

It goes farther. Sanctity of life also can mean pro-slavery of women. Belief in a Creator can mean a denial of science. Heterosexuality can mean agreement with discrimination. Pride in heritage can be twisted to mean racism. Church membership can mean homophobia. Agreement with anthropogenic global warming means scientific; denial of it means you drive a Hummer. Wealthy means evil. Poor means lazy. Republican means this. Democrat means that.

Can anyone just admit that it is possible to hold individual views?

It's getting to the point that I find myself dismissing stories because I make an assumption they are simply twisted non-facts bent to fit a political agenda. That means those in power can get away with almost anything, because they won't be taken seriously when something terrible actually happens.

Here's a crazy idea... how about we listen to what is actually said instead of trying to force it to spin into something it is not and never was meant to be? How about we show respect for others by having enough respect to actually try and understand what is being said? how about we look for truth instead of fabrications that fit our political/social/religious agendas?

Nah... crazy idea.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Amen brother!

Well stated.

This should be stickied at the top of all the forums.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Actually said:

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, and I realized that life is a gift from God, and I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen,"

This man believes that "God's will" trumps a woman's will. As a candidate for office, he presented this as an argument in support of his election. That means he will do what he can to implement his agenda, if elected.

GOP'S OFFICIAL STANCE ON ABORTION

Republicans drafting their party's official policy platform on Tuesday ratified a call for a Constitutional ban on abortion that makes no exceptions for rape or incest.

The vote to endorse the party's long-standing opposition to abortion and support for a "human life amendment" took place at a meeting of the GOP's official platform committee in Tampa, the site of next week's Republican National Convention.

The party's official stance on abortion was approved after just a few minutes of discussion. [...]

The agenda of the GOP is to officially outlaw all abortions, denying a woman's right to choice, even in the event of rape.

God's perceived will is not a good enough justification to deprive women of their rights and their free will, sending them back to 1940's morality.

Romney has promised to shut down Planned Parenthood and over 235 anti-abortion bill have been presented and 92 passed, this year alone. Women are being ushered into shame, humiliation, extra expenses and unnecessary medical probes, long waits and difficult, if not impossible, accessibility to safe and legal abortions. In some conditions, they are being subjected to their employers approval for permission for birth control access through their insurance benefits.

There is a war against women's right to choose, and the GOP is leading the war cry. While idiots like Murdock and Akin spill the beans, other GOP members, who agree with them, try to use smoke and mirrors to distract us from the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join